View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
What boardgame(s) are you playing? 
Lore Drake

Post Re: What boardgame(s) are you playing?
I played a couple games of Splendor with my regular game group and won both. Nice. Splendor is a great game.

Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:09 pm
Mogrl

My wife and one of her former coworkers wanted to meet up and get some board game action so we played Tsuro of the Seas which I do not like -- too easy to be forced into impossible moves and then, instantly, out of the game. We also tried Numbers League, which my wife and I played before but had been a while -- somewhat slow but not bad, if you like testing your math skills. We left them with a copy of Munchkin Quest so maybe we'll play that next time.

^ Ignore.

Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:48 pm
Greater Lore Drake

I hate to admit it, ... I had never heard / seen 'table top' until about 2 or 3 weeks ago ...

I don't even now how it popped into my you tube 'recommended' list. I don't remember what the game was, but it lead to 'furry of Dracula' - hadn't seen it before, but looked like a game I'd like (to bad my little ones wont get some of the innuendo and double entendre on it 'oh yeah I'm all in your red space' and my wife wouldn't find the humor in having to divert them from asking about it). Then it was the Betrayal on Hill house (I may have jacked up the name) ... cool.

Over the weeks I've watched others - Sheriff of Nottingham looked right up my alley ... (I can't see it going well trying to teach my girls to lie cheat and bribe ... some how their school won't find the humor in that) . On the other hand, the one about being princesses trying to get the best court - think I could sell that to the wife and girls, I mean come on they are girls and it is a game about princesses ... right ...

However, every time I'm watching table top, and my wife comes by, she makes a comment like '& you say I'm a geek' - she is and a bigger geek than me in the comic book and sci-fi area / I just beat her out as a history and fantasy geek - and rolls her eyes walking away.

I said all that to say this ,,, Catan cool !!! I've seen it at stores, but never sure I'd like it . I think I'm sold.

Plus I just saw the Star Wars X-wing game. Interesting. Not sure I could get a 9 & 10 1/2 year old to get interested in it. They are sold on harvesters, but that may be a bridge too far.

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:55 am
Red Cap

Just picked up The Legend of Drizzt today. So, getting ready to play that in a day or two. I really enjoy Castle Ravenloft, and this plays basically the same... so should be fun.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:19 am
Mogrl

Played a game of Cards Against Humanity with my wife, a former coworker of hers, and that person's husband. Considering we have a lot of the expansions released, at least 9 of them, and the new 'green box' expansion that adds 300 cards, it was a bit of a beast to shuffle. Some really funny moments and a lot of "blah." The game suffers a bit from too many "names" -- most questions don't work well with names, but when they do fit, they can be awesome. Anyway, there are plenty of similar games so maybe I'll convince my wife we need to try Crabs Adjust Humidity.

^ Ignore.

Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:20 pm
Cleric of Zagyg

Rhuvein wrote:
So, I've heard and read about this game for years and watched some play at the LGGC and GC and have been wanting to try it.

I watched the above video and found it hilarious.

Anyway, if I buy the starter game - should I go with the original or the 5E version?

Thanks for any and all opinions!

:P

Bought the game.

Interesting that Target and Wallymart have it on the shelves at their store for about $50. If you go online and buy it and then pick it up at the store, it's about $27.

Anyway, we're scheduled to play Sunday night.

To get into the proper mood, I re-watched this segment of Big Bang Theory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEq-0inAWzk

:)

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 336 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12