RIP Jim Ward

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
maximus
Lore Drake

RIP Jim Ward

Post by maximus »

Jim Ward passed away yesterday. I haven't seen any specifics yet, although I know he was scheduled to run games at GaryCon. Sad news, I'll remember his work fondly, particularly Deities & Demigods.

Marcus Aurelius
Mist Elf

Re: RIP Jim Ward

Post by Marcus Aurelius »

Dang. Jim has been fighting his illness since 2010. My condolences to his wife and children. Truly one of the greats in RPG history. His character, Drawmij (Jim Ward spelled backwards) will live forever in the game world and our books.
All the world's a stage so play TTRPGs.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Rgr. It is sad and condolences to those that survivie him !
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

R.I.P. Jim!

He was a great guy – soft spoken, serious at times with a good sense of humor. Killer DM for sure. I played in his Starship Warden game years ago at LGCC with some of the old timer TLG forum peeps like Deogolf and others (can't remember – I need to find my pics).

Inside the Starship Warden our team would be careful to move and or or check everything. He always had some cleverly hidden traps or killing apparatus and would kill us and we would be re-created as ghoula or somesuch robotic creatures (I think).

We got into an elevator after multiple deaths and wanted to go up – what does one do ~ hit the up button and all hell nasty traps bust out (yer suppose to hit the down button).

I enjoyed Tainted Lands and Towers of Adventure (I ran 2 of those and my group enjoyed them).

I ran a mash up of Isle of Ape and parts of Tainted Lands for a fun couple week adventure.

Saving the best for last . . .

Dragon Lairds by Jim and Tom Wham ~ the best board game I have ever played.

Jim, Tom, Gary and I played this at LGCC years ago, fantastic session. I could see that Gary really enjoyed the challenges of the game as did I. I've got pics of this somewhere, got to find them.
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth