[Plea] Help Christina Stiles get to GenCon

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Christina Stiles
Ulthal

[Plea] Help Christina Stiles get to GenCon

Post by Christina Stiles »

Hey, gang:

I've been invited as an Industry Insider Guest of Honor to GC, and I'll be representing women in the gaming industry. As some of you know, my husband has been out of work and is fighting to get disability, so money is tight in our house. If any of you are interested in helping me to make my first GenCon a reality and meeting up to chat about C&C stuff, please consider donating a few bucks to my cause via paypal at [email protected] I'm on 10 panels and running a Pathfinder game for Journeys to the West.

Please Note: GC does not offer guests free rooms, so this is my biggest expense. I'm also looking for a female roomie to help cut costs. I know: that's going to be a tall order, since most women will be attending with significant others.

Any help appreciated!!!!! Spread the word. Thanks much.

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Re: [Plea] Help Christina Stiles get to GenCon

Post by Sir Ironside »

Just a suggestion but why not put it on Kickstarter? Kickstarter is for everything really. I've seen plenty of "charity" types on there (Not saying your charity and I wouldn't mention as it as you need to be a registered charity.) so it isn't like they are going to kick you off Kickstarter.

I just mention this because people might be a little skeptical about sending money through the mail. No offense but that is how some people might think.

Kickstarter gives you a bigger audience. You don't need to offer any incentives just state your case like you did here, maybe elaborate on it to, like what panels you'll be on and a brief synopsis of what speech your going to do, some pics etc. etc. and make your target reasonable and maybe what it will be used for.

Maybe do your increment $$$ levels in $5 to $50 with increments of $5. ($5, $10, $15, $20 ect.) with a different thank you for each level.
"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance." - Hunter S. Thompson

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Re: [Plea] Help Christina Stiles get to GenCon

Post by moriarty777 »

There is an actual process with Kickstarter and the project proposal goes through some sort of review process. Between that and the time it takes to get it all set up and the fact that GenCon is less than a month away makes this a no-go.

Best of luck Christina -- I'll put in a good word for ya!

M