Spooky Holiday Modules

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Spooky Holiday Modules

Post by alcyone »

For them what celebrate the spooky holidays, Hallowe'en, Samhain, what have ya... what are some good October adventures? Tree and Nwelte are running Ravenloft. Some others I can think of that might be good:

- Nightfang Spire (3e, WoTC)
- Shadows of Halfling Hall (C&C, TLG)
- Tainted Lands (C&C, TLG)
- Tegel Manor (D&D, Judges Guild)
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Celticgamer
Hlobane Orc

Re: Spooky Holiday Modules

Post by Celticgamer »

I am working on one specifically about Halloween in my series right now called 'Spirit Night' (from the traditional Welsh 'Ysprydnos') that involves the ghost haunted forest Coed Celyddon, Hadrian's Wall, dark druids, the Wild Hunt, Picts, gods, monsters and of course spirits. It is halfway done but won't see completion until after or around Halloween. It is an investigative adventure with terrible moments of horror and action throughout and involves the traditional ancient Celtic 'three nights' of Halloween (Trinox Samonios).

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Celtic, that sounds awesome. You need to write faster so I can buy more of your modules.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I 6 Ravenloft. Which I have ran on line for several years now, or nwelte, but no one signed up for it this year.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Celticgamer
Hlobane Orc

Post by Celticgamer »

Omote wrote:Celtic, that sounds awesome. You need to write faster so I can buy more of your modules.

~O
Diolch! :D I am writing them quickly! The third module should be out in a few weeks and the fourth is already next in line, this Halloween one will be the fifth after that. But I am writing it so the CK can run this during October to celebrate my favorite holiday and time of the year with my favorite way of life (gaming!).

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Tegel Manor

Castle Amber

Dark Chateau

Dark Druids

The Banewarrens

Rappan Athuk (just don't stray too far down)

etc, etc

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Treebore wrote:I 6 Ravenloft. Which I have ran on line for several years now, or nwelte, but no one signed up for it this year.

Rgr on that, great module and great fun a few years ago when I played it with you afew years ago! -I wish I had free time this year to jump in your game this year :(

I am working on one specifically about Halloween in my series right now called 'Spirit Night' (from the traditional Welsh 'Ysprydnos') that involves the ghost haunted forest Coed Celyddon, Hadrian's Wall, dark druids, the Wild Hunt, Picts, gods, monsters and of course spirits. It is halfway done but won't see completion until after or around Halloween. It is an investigative adventure with terrible moments of horror and action throughout and involves the traditional ancient Celtic 'three nights' of Halloween (Trinox Samonios).
That sounds awesome!!!
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Celticgamer
Hlobane Orc

Post by Celticgamer »

That sounds awesome!!!
If this one is well received, I am thinking about writing one for every following year for as long as it takes. Each a new Celtic/fantasy take on Halloween, and I have ideas...

finarvyn
Global Moderator

Post by finarvyn »

The Haunted Highlands modules can be pretty scary at times.

Or run something in Middle-earth without clerics. Lots of barrow wights, nazgul, and so on...
Marv / Finarvyn
Lord Marshall, Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
Just discovered Amazing Adventures and loving it!
MA1E WardenMaster - Killing Characters since 1976, MA4E Playtester in 2006.
C&C Playtester in 2003, OD&D player since 1975

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

I've run House on Hangman's Hill (old JG module) many moons ago. Haven't really run a special adventure for Halloween in a long time, sadly.
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

DeadReborn
Ulthal

Post by DeadReborn »

The Ravenloft mod Night of the Walking Dead is a good one. I had the pleasure of running a group through it recently and it was a good time.
"My simple card trick has turned you into an ice cream cone!
Which means...I AM A LEVEL TEN WIZARD!"-SpongeBob SquarePants

Keolander
Red Cap

Post by Keolander »

finarvyn wrote:Or run something in Middle-earth without clerics. Lots of barrow wights, nazgul, and so on...
There was an old Tales of Middle-Earth Campaign module (for Decipher's The Lord of the Rings RPG) called A Rescue on the Barrow-Downs where you have to rescue the hobbit Wheldon Proudfoot on a stormy night. Just to give you a preview:

Over dark and moldy bones,
Under gray and wretched stones,
Watch I and guard and keep,
Hated, loved, would-be King,
No hand shall touch nor disturb,
My ever-living deadly scourge,
Damned be you and damned be I,
Your flesh shall rend, bleed, and cry,
In this tomb forever mine.
- Chant of the Barrow-Wight
"Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." - H.L. Mencken
Μολὼν λάβε

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

I've been working off and on on doing Dracula's Castle for awhile. I never seem to get it the way I want it though.
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Treebore wrote:I 6 Ravenloft. Which I have ran on line for several years now, or nwelte, but no one signed up for it this year.
BTW, ended up with 7 players, so running it online again after all.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.