Dead Gentlemen News

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Just Jeff
Red Cap

Dead Gentlemen News

Post by Just Jeff »

JourneyQuest season two is now out (available on YouTube). We rewatched season one this evening to prep for it.

Also, it looks like The Gamers: Hands of Fate, the third movie in the series, has been successfully Kickstarted and is expected out next year. Given the continuing escalation of production values and acting skills, I'm looking forward to it.

Recommended watching for gamers. Funny stuff. (JourneyQuest is my favorite and the most family friendly, but has the fewest gaming in-jokes.)

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Re: Dead Gentlemen News

Post by Sir Ironside »

Didn't know they existed.

I have a Youtube down loader so I can watch JourneyQuest on the tv. Maybe I'll give it a try.

Where can you get the The Gamers: Hands of Fate one?
"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance." - Hunter S. Thompson

Just Jeff
Red Cap

Post by Just Jeff »

Hands of Fate won't be out until next year. The other two should be available on YouTube. The Gamers came out in 2002 and The Gamers: Dorkness Rising in 2008.

The Gamers has some good laughs, but I didn't think it worth repeat viewing. Dorkness Rising I've watched a few times, and my wife, who doesn't get the in-jokes, thought it very entertaining. Plus Nodwick has a cameo; how could it not be good? (But FYI: IMDb ratings reverse the order I put them in.)

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

I saw the Gamers in 2002 or 03. Loved it! I own it, and have watched it countless times. I first saw Gamers:DR at a GenCon screening in 05 or 06. It was pretty much complete, but 2 or 3 years away from national distribution. Pretty good, and more like a movie as opposed to the gamers. I need to buy the pt. 2 at some point. I've only seen a few ep's of Journey quest. Not too bad, but I'd like to see more. They're all good, but you can't go wrong with the first one.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Saw season 1 of JourneyQuest...freakin hilarious. Especially the Paladin. Looking forward to seeing Season 2.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Just Jeff
Red Cap

Post by Just Jeff »

Small geek alert: Fran Kranz has a significant role in season two.

Just Jeff
Red Cap

Post by Just Jeff »

Not from Dead Gentlemen, but in a similar vein: Standard Action.

Season one is available on YouTube, and it looks like they're working on season two. I think it's wit and production levels are short of JourneyQuest, but it has its moments.

Standard Action is about a (very dysfunctional) adventuring party meeting and going on their first adventure. The party consists of a happy-go-lucky elven beserker barbarian; a half-halfling bard who can't sing, play an instrument or tell a story; a druid with hay fever who doesn't like the forest; and a sorceress who'd much rather be getting pedicures with the girls than out adventuring.

The barbarian is the only lovable character. She's introduced in the first episode, with the other characters introduced in episodes two or three. Had the order been different, I'm not sure we would have kept watching, but in the end we're glad we did.