Suck Factor 11 Has Been Found

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Suck Factor 11 Has Been Found

Post by Julian Grimm »

Yesterday afternoon I went to the ER with chest pains, shortness of breath and disorientation. After spending a few hours being poked and prodded I was transferred to another hospital for observation and tests. After a few rounds of blood tests, a stress test and other things it was determined that it was not my heart but possibly related to a hemiplegic migraine and a panic attack one-two punch. What this means is that I am now having to watch things very closely due to these being the precursors of a bigger problem.

I am now home resting and planning my next course of action, which unfortunately includes me stepping down from my position of manager at my job. As to what else will have to happen I am not sure. I am looking at my options and will be following the instructions I have been given of resting and relaxing. The bright side of this means that I can relax in gaming related ways (Always look for the silver lining).

Anyway, just another day in the life. . .
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

seskis281
Lore Drake

Re: Suck Factor 11 Has Been Found

Post by seskis281 »

Feel better soon!
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Relaxo »

good grief!
Stay strong!
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

After a pint of JD I don't have panic attacks. :mrgreen: Stay strong and have some fun gaming!
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

DMSamuel
Red Cap

Post by DMSamuel »

Sorry to hear that - health issues are the worst shite ever.
~DMSamuel
---

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

Yikes! I am sorry to hear but also glad it wasn't worse. I pray you'll find "the new normal" soon.
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

REHowardfanatic
Hlobane Orc

Post by REHowardfanatic »

The best stress reliever I know of at work is to butcher mine enemies with zeal!!

Wish you all the best, though.
Flaming is the alignment language of the internet.

If you like DC Heroes, come check out my blog:
http://mayfairexponentialrpg.blogspot.com/

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Get better, JG.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Thanks all. I am resting well today but still am in some pain. This is possibly after effects of the stress test which had to be done chemically. I have let a couple people at my job know my intent to resign my position and was told that if I needed to quit I could come back when things were better. Right now I don't know if I will pursue that. Tomorrow I get to start the process of entering the lion's den of doctors I have to sort out what we need to do.

What I know so far is that I have to change things or I will be in a very familiar boat that I was in a few years ago. Since my health and family are my top priorities it makes what professional sacrifices I need to make easier to deal with. The upside is that I can focus some extra time on the KoC and hopefully get some things moving with the other members and officers.
Lord Skystorm

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

ArgoForg
Red Cap

Post by ArgoForg »

Holy crap, dude! Get to feeling better soon, man!
- "I just happen to prefer games where the GM actually has final say on rules and is not just the wall to roll dice off to decide what happens."

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

When I became a "100% Disabled Veteran" it was the hardest, most painful, transition I have ever made in my life. I have no doubt you have the proper motivations to help you be strong enough to make your changes as well. When you need to yell and scream about it, we are here.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Get well, man.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Bad to hear, get healthy my friend!
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

I made my doc appointments today and have been resting though I do feel another possible attack coming on. This will be easier as I know what I am facing. I did resign my manager position and will be officially quitting my job tomorrow. My plan is to go back to the farm for now and will be deciding what to do from there.

Last night I traded some games off and got the Halo anniversary edition and a fun little game called Lollipop Chainsaw (Get it!). So I have been relaxing by killing zombies with a chainsaw welding cheerleader and putting the hurt on the Covenant.
Lord Skystorm

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

Julian Grimm wrote: So I have been relaxing by killing zombies with a chainsaw welding cheerleader and putting the hurt on the Covenant.

Now, that is what I call chillaxing!!! :D

House Rules

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Gaming has always been my outlet. Hoping to get a Risk game up and going soon.
Lord Skystorm

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

Julian Grimm wrote:Gaming has always been my outlet. Hoping to get a Risk game up and going soon.
My older brothers started me on Risk when I was ~5 yrs old. Still have a set with the wooden pieces!

House Rules

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Nice. Would love to have a classic set like that!

Anyway, I officially quit my job today and will be going back to working on the family farm and my hobby farm as needed. My docs agree that I need some time to get recentered and recover before anything worse happens. In a way I am glad to be back to a place I loved more than I realized.
Lord Skystorm

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

Welcome back to the Shire, Frodo Baggins...

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Zudrak wrote:Welcome back to the Shire, Frodo Baggins...

That is kind of how it feels. Being back where I feel I belong doing what I love with the goal being a more pastoral life. Was out with my goats last night and realized how much I missed it and I swear you could see the stress roll off me.
Lord Skystorm

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

Julian Grimm wrote:

That is kind of how it feels. Being back where I feel I belong doing what I love with the goal being a more pastoral life. Was out with my goats last night and realized how much I missed it and I swear you could see the stress roll off me.
Goats? You kid me not. ;)

I have to say that hanging out in the EGG Q&A threads on DF and EN World gave me a real love for puns -- sorry, world.

-- E. Gary Gygax

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Don't make me hit you with my billy club.
Lord Skystorm

Sir Osis of Liver
Unkbartig

Post by Sir Osis of Liver »

Feel better soon.

DMSamuel
Red Cap

Post by DMSamuel »

Julian Grimm wrote:Don't make me hit you with my billy club.
That would really get his goat!

Aaaaaand the loop is complete.
~DMSamuel
---

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

Julian Grimm wrote:

Are you going to make goat cheese? I really miss that from living in the Mediterranean area.

House Rules

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

That is the plan. This year is not looking good for it but it is in my sights. I love the stuff.
Lord Skystorm

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

Julian Grimm wrote:That is the plan. This year is not looking good for it but it is in my sights. I love the stuff.

Lucky you!

House Rules

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Fresh goat cheese is among the best things in life.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Heck, I was talking with one of my on line groups just last week about how when you eat your own freshly slaughtered pig, chicken, etc... that I, at least, cannot stand to eat the store bought stuff anymore, especially the chicken. Certain brands of bacon I still like. Plus the difference between freshly laid eggs and the store bought stuff. Same with veggies and fruits fresh from your garden or off your trees, vines, etc... Farm living is a good eating style of living.

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

Treebore wrote:Heck, I was talking with one of my on line groups just last week about how when you eat your own freshly slaughtered pig,
Don't remind me. I miss the real bacon SO much. People who have never eaten this way have no idea and you really can't put it in words. I mean just the duck eggs I ate growing up made me dislike eggs from a store now.

House Rules