Painted Miniatures Question

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Michael Montalto
Ungern

Painted Miniatures Question

Post by Michael Montalto »

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

My boys have really gotten into Castles & Crusades and I am interested in purchasing them a painted miniature for their characters. I'm having a hard time finding a company online that has very well painted miniatures. I see them at cons all the time, but I can't seem to find the quality that I am looking for.

Does anyone have a recommendation on a company or person that I can purchase from that will make a great stocking stuffer this year?

-mM

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Painted Miniatures Question

Post by Arduin »

http://immortalise.com.au/custom-rpg-minis/

Takes about 6 days to ship as Down Under.
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

jdizzy001
Ulthal

Post by jdizzy001 »

I paint minis. If you want to see some of my work, just search these forums for minis by jdizzy. PM me if you are interested.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Egg of Coot runs PrimEvil Studios. He does excellent work, though it saddens me I have not had opportunity to have him do more for me in a long time.

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

jdizzy, sorry I didn't know you hired out. Your work is amazing.
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Have them paint their own. Sure, they will look crappy, but its how we all get started on doing our own mini's...
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Treebore wrote:Have them paint their own. Sure, they will look crappy, but its how we all get started on doing our own mini's...

Rgr that,

With the floods in the spring, it forced me to do a clean up of my garage & storage area. From that, I found my ton of lead that needs to be painted. In going through them, my older daughter has gotten interested in the idea of minis ad to a point miniature war gaming. With that, I promised her a legion of old roman mins that she can paint. She hasn't started yet, but each time she talks about it purple and pink are discussed .... it will drive me crazy, but I'm sure she will have the first purple pink sparkly legion in history. It may drive me crazy .... but she will love it, so it will all be good.

As for the minis for sale - yeah by looking at the picts, Jdizzy does amazing work. Take a look at his thread. There are a few others around too.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

jdizzy001
Ulthal

Post by jdizzy001 »

Lurker wrote:
Treebore wrote:Have them paint their own. Sure, they will look crappy, but its how we all get started on doing our own mini's...

As for the minis for sale - yeah by looking at the picts, Jdizzy does amazing work. Take a look at his thread. There are a few others around too.
Arduin wrote:jdizzy, sorry I didn't know you hired out. Your work is amazing.
Shucks guys, you're making me blush. Thanks!

pawndream
Red Cap

Post by pawndream »

Definitely agree with the "let them paint their own" approach. Of course, this means you have to buy paints and brushes if you don't already have your own, but it shouldn't be too expensive to get them a basic set of paints and a couple of brushes.

As a kid, I really enjoyed painting my own figures, even if they did not look as awesome as the professionally done figures out there. It is much easier to learn how to do it now too, because there are tons of YouTube videos describing how to do stuff like drybrushing, washes, etc.

Egg of Coot
Hlobane Orc

Post by Egg of Coot »

serleran wrote:Egg of Coot runs PrimEvil Studios. He does excellent work, though it saddens me I have not had opportunity to have him do more for me in a long time.
Thank you for the praise, kind sir. I'm still painting on commission - contact me either here or via my website (www.primevilstudios.com) if you're interested in having some work done.

The Egg

PrimEvil Studios is on Facebook. Click here to become a fan.