Have I mentioned I HATE

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Treebore
Mogrl

Have I mentioned I HATE

Post by Treebore »

roofing work? Especially at the edges of the roof since I am also rather full blown PHOBIC about heights. At least I don't completely freeze up anymore, I can keep working, but I can feel my heart pound and BP elevate.

Yeah, I frikking HATE roofing work!
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

RunningLaser
Mist Elf

Re: Have I mentioned I HATE

Post by RunningLaser »

I feel for you Tree. About 15 years ago or so, my friends and i helped my dad put a new roof on his garage. Tall one, steep pitched roof- dreaded doing it and the first day or two, I was scared. Never got over the fear, but slowly became more comfortable. Be safe and hopefully soon you'll have done what you need done.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Yeah, getting on the roof once a year to sweep leaves and branches off is more than enough for me.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Yeah, I am having to replace whole sections of wood and shingles, 130 or so square feet, if I am lucky, not to mention all the wood facing all around the roof edge of my house. Seems like whomever put the old wood up only painted the exterior facing, so its all cracked, warped, and rotted. Its clear to me whatever company/people previously did my roofing were pretty much idiots that had no business doing anyones roof.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

old school gamer
Red Cap

Post by old school gamer »

I know people who would rather be unemployed than do roofing work.