O Happiness... Or Is It?

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
serleran
Mogrl

O Happiness... Or Is It?

Post by serleran »

So... I've worked at this job for like 5 years. Been promoted three times. Big deal. Then, they say... "we're shutting the doors. You're out in 4 months. Unless you wanna move to Georgia." Well, I don't want to move to Georgia. And the job hunt begins. And I get offers and a lot of rejections because I suck. And... wham. Company says "oh, we forgot we have a work-from-home option. Interested?" So. I might be. I dunno. I halfway like what I do... not who I do it for, necessarily. Could use some management mix up.

Oh well. Joy. Guess I'll probably be a work-from-homer. I can say the last time I was able to do that, I was a lot more productive RPG-wise. So I think that answers it.

Sorry. Had to put my thoughts down in a complete non-private way. ;)

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: O Happiness... Or Is It?

Post by Treebore »

Work from home is pretty cool. Far better than having to drive every day.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Not much to say, but pulling for you.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

I work from home with my second job and part time with my primary. It is a lot more relaxing than being at the office. Though with recent circus action from management I am giving some thought to changes in employment myself.

I hope it works out for you mate. :)
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Good luck with it! I worked from home all of 2016. It was great; got to see the wife and kids a ton more than when I used to commute and/or travel. Also, you'll have some discretionary time to keep looking for something else if things aren't moving in the right direction.

Fizz
Lore Drake

Post by Fizz »

I worked from home for 4+ years. There are a number of advantages to it. You can do household chores throughout the day (saves time on the evening and weekends), or catch up on your shows, watch a baseball game, or as you say, do some good RPG work. :)

So i suppose you can give it a try for the income until you find something you like more. Whatever you decide, best of luck!

-Fizz