NOT buying new stuff is hard...

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Re: NOT buying new stuff is hard...

Post by Buttmonkey »

Excellent! I've been getting back into chess lately and my long-dormant chess book addiction has flared to life. I get way too much pleasure plunking down money to add to my collection. I barely look at most of the books, but I seriously love collecting them. I need to get back under control before it's too late.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Well "bundle of holding" is making sure I don't not by stuff

Like Tree said in another thread, "it is worth the price of admission" ....

Some of it is new versions of games I played back in the day (Rifts) or they are idea mines or are modifiable for something I may play/run (Rippers, Traveler or Colonial Gothic) or things that are just to interesting to pass up (Symbaroum). Regardless, they tempt me in too much to pass up.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

finarvyn
Global Moderator

Post by finarvyn »

Lurker wrote:Colonial Gothic
Wow … cool to find someone else who actually has played this game. I think it's really cool but have only played a few times. I bought a bunch of the books from the Rogue Games booth at GenCon years back and the owner/writer threw in some d12 dice as a freebie. I love the fact that Colonial Gothic uses the d12's. 8-)
Marv / Finarvyn
Lord Marshall, Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
Just discovered Amazing Adventures and loving it!
MA1E WardenMaster - Killing Characters since 1976, MA4E Playtester in 2006.
C&C Playtester in 2003, OD&D player since 1975

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

finarvyn wrote:
Wow … cool to find someone else who actually has played this game. I think it's really cool but have only played a few times. I bought a bunch of the books from the Rogue Games booth at GenCon years back and the owner/writer threw in some d12 dice as a freebie. I love the fact that Colonial Gothic uses the d12's. 8-)
Oh I haven't played it. I wanted to but never have.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Lurker wrote:
finarvyn wrote:
Oh I haven't played it. I wanted to but never have.
I own it too, in PDF only. Never played it. Almost got to at a convention, but then the GM had to cancel. Geist is another one I'd like to play. Victorianna is another.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.