Latest prints?

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
ZeornWarlock

Latest prints?

Post by ZeornWarlock »

I was wondering what was amended in the C&C PH 3rd print? I am still on the second print with my group; however, I may need to get a brand new PH soon.

Knights in castle Zagyg are fighters and the social standing from that same book is messed up. Were they fixed in the CZ The East Mark Gazetteer?

Thanks.

ZW.

Ghul

Re: Latest prints?

Post by Ghul »

ZeornWarlock wrote:
I was wondering what was amended in the C&C PH 3rd print? I am still on the second print with my group; however, I may need to get a brand new PH soon.

Hi ZW, I'm not sure what is different besides the assanin's poison rules in the 3rd print PHB. The pages are glossy, which makes Peter's art "pop" a bit better.
Quote:
Knights in castle Zagyg are fighters and the social standing from that same book is messed up. Were they fixed in the CZ The East Mark Gazetteer?

A I understand it, the CZ Yggsburgh hardback was drafted at the same time or before the C&C PHB was developed, so the knight class characters were written up as fighters. It is safe to assume these should be listed as knights and perhaps will be so repaired in a future printing, but this is not addressed in the gazetteer, because the gazetteer focuses more on the climate, geography, history, and religion rather than "crunch" material contained in stat blocks.

Hope that helps,

--Jeff T.

ZeornWarlock

Post by ZeornWarlock »

Ghul,

Yes, it helps. Thanks for the info and the East Mark is on the next buy list. Now if my local hobby store can succeed in ordering them that would also help!
ZW.

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Re: Latest prints?

Post by gideon_thorne »

Ghul wrote:
Hi ZW, I'm not sure what is different besides the assanin's poison rules in the 3rd print PHB. The pages are glossy, which makes Peter's art "pop" a bit better.

That is the main difference, plus I refined the cover design a bit. There was a bit more in the way of typo and minor errata fixes. But nothing that's going to alter functionality from 2nd to 3rd printing.

If you get the book Dragons of Airhde, the poison tables are in there.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Oh, and the third print, somehow, is thinner. Same number of pages, but its substantially thinner.

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

serleran wrote:
Oh, and the third print, somehow, is thinner. Same number of pages, but its substantially thinner.

Paper stock is thinner.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

ZeornWarlock

Post by ZeornWarlock »

Okay cool, thanks again guys.
ZW.

ZeornWarlock

Post by ZeornWarlock »

Oh and by the way, maybe the trolls should update their products page. I almost missed two of the new CZ books about parts of the city. I was lucky enough to find them on the boards instead.

ZW.

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

The glossy paper is really cool on the new print, unless you like to put pencil marks in the margins, then it's not as great. I like it.
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

I too am liking the glossy print. Even though the paper is thinner, it's still strong and good quality. I've been using the heck out the book for the last few months and the paper/book is holding up very well. But I guess the real test will be to see how it does through the years.

So, I'll get back to y'all in about 5 or so!

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Breakdaddy wrote:
The glossy paper is really cool on the new print, unless you like to put pencil marks in the margins, then it's not as great. I like it.

My pencil has been marking the book well enough. A little lighter in color, but it still does it.

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.