Starsiege Quickstart .pdf?

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
anonymous

Starsiege Quickstart .pdf?

Post by anonymous »

my local didn't participate in Free RPG Day and, frankly, the Starsiege QS was the only thing I wanted.

I know that the C&C QS was eventually available as a .pdf. will the same be true of Starsiege? I'll be patient, I swear, as long as I know how patient I need to be!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I haven't heard yet.

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

I feel your pain Dr. Though I don't 'have' and FLGS....at least not within 100 miles plus/minus

Baron Grignak Hammerhand of the Pacifica Provinces-

High Warden of the Castles & Crusades Society
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Harry Joy
Ulthal

Post by Harry Joy »

Maybe this can tide you over: LINK

anonymous

Post by anonymous »

Perhaps surprisingly, it does not. Thanks, though!

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

The Starsiege Quickstart Rules are indeed, brief. I cant wait until the box set is released so that I can understand what all the stuff in the QS rules is!
-O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

FASAfan
Mist Elf

Post by FASAfan »

Omote wrote:
The Starsiege Quickstart Rules are indeed, brief. I cant wait until the box set is released so that I can understand what all the stuff in the QS rules is!
-O

I just got my StarSIEGE Quickstart Rules in the mail yesterday (yeah I admit- Ebay...) and skimmed over them last night and this morning.

First let me say that, mechanics-wise, I like what I see so far. I really like the idea of skill bundles and wound points. The character sheet looks great and everything you need is on one page.

I must admit I'm a little concerned about the editing. Specifically, I thought several paragraphs were too wordy and could be tighted up with points being made more concisely. There were a few subject-verb agreement errors as well. I couldn't help but feel I was reading an "old school" rulebook, due not to the mechanics, but because of the style: a little too much "exposition" between actual game mechanics.

I noticed that the editor for the QS rules was also the author; that's a difficult spot to be in. I'm in a regulatory field and I constantly have to write so that 120+ governmental employees AND the general public understand certain laws, regulations and policies. It's difficult and an outside editor helps tremendously.

Anyway, these are just my hopefully constructive criticisms. I for one am very excited about StarSIEGE and I want to see it the best it can be all around!

Lee

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

I intentionally avoided getting the StarSiege Quickstart. I'm highly interested in the game, I just want to get the final product and not just a taste. I admit I'm kicking myself for avoiding it, but hopefully I wont have to wait too long before I see the final product.

Indigo Rose
Red Cap

Post by Indigo Rose »

Crusader 10 will have an article about StarSIEGE in it which gives a quick overview on creating characters for the game... not quite the same as having the quickstart rules, but it will be something!
But I know how you feel--our FLGS didn't participate in Free RPG day, either...

finarvyn
Global Moderator

Post by finarvyn »

Maybe TLG will be nice and put up a PDF....

(Just hoping )

Lord Marshall, Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society

C&C Playtester in 2003
OD&D player since 1975
Marv / Finarvyn
Lord Marshall, Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
Just discovered Amazing Adventures and loving it!
MA1E WardenMaster - Killing Characters since 1976, MA4E Playtester in 2006.
C&C Playtester in 2003, OD&D player since 1975

Danger
Mist Elf

Post by Danger »

While slightly on topic, I await StarSiege with baited breath and a great longing to utilize all those d20 Star Wars books that I've got for a game that I like (ie. not d6, sorta like d20, forget those "feat" things etc., etc.).

If it works out all cool-like, I will love it long time...

adaen
Red Cap

Post by adaen »

I'm with Rotwang....me needs the StarSiege rules. I didn't get a copy of the preview....

~AoB

Thegreenman
Hlobane Orc

Post by Thegreenman »

FASAfan wrote:
I just got my StarSIEGE Quickstart Rules in the mail yesterday (yeah I admit- Ebay...) and skimmed over them last night and this morning.

First let me say that, mechanics-wise, I like what I see so far. I really like the idea of skill bundles and wound points. The character sheet looks great and everything you need is on one page.

I must admit I'm a little concerned about the editing. Specifically, I thought several paragraphs were too wordy and could be tighted up with points being made more concisely. There were a few subject-verb agreement errors as well. I couldn't help but feel I was reading an "old school" rulebook, due not to the mechanics, but because of the style: a little too much "exposition" between actual game mechanics.

I noticed that the editor for the QS rules was also the author; that's a difficult spot to be in. I'm in a regulatory field and I constantly have to write so that 120+ governmental employees AND the general public understand certain laws, regulations and policies. It's difficult and an outside editor helps tremendously.

Anyway, these are just my hopefully constructive criticisms. I for one am very excited about StarSIEGE and I want to see it the best it can be all around!

Lee

Perhaps a refresher in Technical Report Writing is in order for the author/editor. IMHO, a rules mechanics publication should have clear delineation between substance and style.