New web page - flash player and Firefox 3 not compatible

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
dachda
Lore Drake

New web page - flash player and Firefox 3 not compatible

Post by dachda »

I was forced to view the new webpage look in IE, cause it turns out the latest flash player isn't compatible with firefox 3.0. Lovely. Can't find a download for firefox 2.0 to get my compatibility back either. Anyone got a copy of that download? The firefox forums say to try the beta of flash player 10 but that didn't work either. Bloody annoying, I say.

On a positive note, the new look is kinda cool. though I couldn't figure out how to pause the news product viewer to read the info. Am I missing something? or is it a failure of the flash player?

EDIT: okay after uninstalling - reinstalling 4 times the flash player is working on the new troll webpage. If it wasn't for the other complaints expressed on the firefox forums I'd have thought somehow screwed up the install.

Margrave and Knight of Portlandia
Castles & Crusades Society

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Firefox 2 Install

You're welcome.

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

serleran wrote:
Firefox 2 Install

You're welcome.

Thanks, you rock. Such a quick response!

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Re: New web page - flash player and Firefox 3 not compatible

Post by gideon_thorne »

Umm.. ok? It works fine and dandy on this end. I have version 3 of Firefox.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

dachda
Lore Drake

Re: New web page - flash player and Firefox 3 not compatible

Post by dachda »

gideon_thorne wrote:
Umm.. ok? It works fine and dandy on this end. I have version 3 of Firefox.

I'm glad you didn't have any problems. I uninstalled ff 3 and went back to ver. 2 that Serleran was nice enough to link to. Immediately worked perfectly the first time. I started to write a rant about the other things that were screwed up about FF3, but you guys don't need to read that. I already sent that to Mozilla. Anyway. Glad it works for you Gideon, and I hope no one else is having problems.

EDIT: okay I still can't figure out how to pause the news reader so I have time to read it before it switches to the next item. Jeesh, I ran the IT for a non-profit before law school, and now I can't figure out a little flash player! Can anyone tell me how to pause it?

guslandt
Henchman

Post by guslandt »

No doubt! I can't pause it. Very annoying. It flips every time I'm almost done reading. So far I hate the new look.

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

No problems on my end with FF3 either...

M

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

AGNKim
Lord High Inquisitor

Post by AGNKim »

FF3 working for me. Maybe it was your end...

Click here: http://tiny.cc/4rvo5

Jackal
Ulthal

Post by Jackal »

Worked for me just fine on FF3. Saw it for the first time this morning.

Edit: Also, if you keep your cursor inside the "Latest News" box it stops rotating.

Harry Joy
Ulthal

Post by Harry Joy »

Nifty new toy on the web page.

Btw, I refuse to upgrade to FF3 until I get an all clear from pretty much everyone. I ditched the Beta of FF3 after a couple of weeks because it was about the single buggiest browser I'd ever tried to use.

aztecman
Ungern

Post by aztecman »

Gents -

Sorry to hear about the Firefox issues. I will definately look into it on this end. I have both IE and Firefox here and checked the site in both last night before pushing up. I am sure there will be a few tweaks to be ironed out this week, so any other anamolies can be corrected. Your feedback is always appreciated!
I have also increased the delay time for the news scroller to 120 sec. That should give everyone ample time to read the stories. I believe you can also "pause" the scroller, just by mousing over the news story.

Given what Steve was asking for (and affordability) the flash/xml setup was the best bet. It makes updating the site a snap and allows for a fair amount of dynamics. I sympathize with you on having to download another plugin update, but the flash player is free and requires only a few mintues to install. I can look into seeing about saving the flash out in lower versions so a plugin update is not required - it's currently using AS3 so that might be a little tricky, but I see what I can do.

Best,

Brian (aztecman)

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

Hi aztecman. Any chance to change the font color? That light grey on dark grey background in the "latest news" box is un-readable!
Thanks.

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

aztecman
Ungern

Post by aztecman »

Rhuvein wrote:
Hi aztecman. Any chance to change the font color? That light grey on dark grey background in the "latest news" box is un-readable!
Thanks.

Rhuvein - Sure, I'll adjust it this evening. I was going to punch it up a bit, bit it was a bit late last night when I sent this up.

Brian

cuchulainkevin
Ulthal

Post by cuchulainkevin »

I want to chime in that I like the new look. All the essential information is in a more compressed are for easier viewing.

Great job Aztecman

Morty
A Room Zoom Zoom. A Room Zoom Zoom. Gilly Gilly Gilly Gilly Ot Zat Za Come open the magic door with me, With your imagination there's so much we can see. There is a doorway that leads to a place. I'll find my way by the smile on your face.
Ah room zoom zoom, ah room zoom zoom. gilly gilly gilly gilly, gilly ah sa sa. Come through the magic door with me and see the things you never dreamed you'll see.

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

aztecman wrote:
Rhuvein - Sure, I'll adjust it this evening. I was going to punch it up a bit, bit it was a bit late last night when I sent this up.

Brian

Thanks, that'd be great.

Incidentally, no issues with FF3.

aztecman
Ungern

Post by aztecman »

it has been corrected. Now the text is lighter and (hopefully) easier to read.

Brian (Aztecman)

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

aztecman wrote:
it has been corrected. Now the text is lighter and (hopefully) easier to read.

Brian (Aztecman)

Excellent, Brian. Tank smudge!

johns
Red Cap

Post by johns »

I think there's a mis-spelling (see bolded word below) on the description of the Player's Handbook.

"We are very happy to announce that the C&C Players Handbook has remained (and still remains as of this posting) the #1 seller at RPGNow since its release on June 1st. We owe that to you all and for that I extend a very heartfelt Thank You. The game continues to grow as more people join the Crusade. Many of course suffer from Edition Shock, but most have found the game to be what it promises and expensive, rules light run at fun. "

Unless you're trying to break into the "Rich and Famous" crowd that likes everything to be expensive.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Hehe. Classic Troll.

That should probably be "expansive" as you noted.