Castlemourn setting anyone?

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Thegreenman

Castlemourn setting anyone?

Post by Thegreenman »

has anyone seen Castlemourn? Any thoughts, comments, etc...

Castlemourn Campaign Setting
Quote:
Castlemourn is a post-apocalyptic fantasy setting where kingdoms fight for power through political intrigue and outright warfare; where the brave seek their fortunes in dangerous ruins, and where everyone fears the unspeakable evil that shadows their land.

Castlemourn is a land searching for its past. Its people are unaware of their origins, the greatness of their history, or what disaster brought about the dark age that has engulfed the land. Some three hundred years before the settings current era, there existed a magical place of shining towers and marvelous wonders called the Realm of Castles. Legends tell of a great war against fell creatures that destroyed the realm, leaving scorched ruins and crumbling citadels. Whatever befell this realm was so terrible that the gods have "cordoned" it off. No one is permitted to leave Castlemourn and those who find their way there, do so at their own peril, as adventurers, treasure hunters, and questors scour the land searching for relics, artifacts, and clues to their past.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I've been tempted but never took the leap.

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

The Highway Man

Post by The Highway Man »

I flipped through it at my FLGS and it looks really, really interesting. The layout is clean, the paper is good quality. I remember this in particular (these are big selling points for me).

I didn't pick it up then because my eyes found Castle Whiterock and I bought it instead. I would now, though.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I wanted to like the setting, but it's just so damn *yawns* boring. Sorry Ed, but there is nothing about this setting that sets itself apart. It could also do with the fact that the book itself is bland to look at, at least IMO.

-O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Thegreenman

okay

Post by Thegreenman »

well I've got an almost bought it and one boring.....

too bad....

Thegreenman

Post by Thegreenman »

dbl post

Jyrdan Fairblade
Unkbartig

Post by Jyrdan Fairblade »

I didn't pick it up - the premise sounded interesting, but looking at the primer, it just wasn't different enough. It needed to push its concept with more force. The idea of what is essentially a Fantasy Gamma World is a cool one, but the execution needed to follow that a little more deeply.
Omote wrote:
I wanted to like the setting, but it's just so damn *yawns* boring. Sorry Ed, but there is nothing about this setting that sets itself apart. It could also do with the fact that the book itself is bland to look at, at least IMO.

-O

Matthew
Unkbartig

Post by Matthew »

Castle Mourn Quick Start is available for download here: Quick Start Rules.
It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after ones own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350)

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Matthew wrote:
Castle Mourn Quick Start is available for download here: Quick Start Rules.

Thanks Matthew.

I'll give it a read 'cause it's from Margaret Weis Productions. It's a pretty comprehensive document (36 pages), oh and you need a d2. Never saw one of these.

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

Matthew
Unkbartig

Post by Matthew »

Rhuvein wrote:
It's a pretty comprehensive document (36 pages), oh and you need a d2. Never saw one of these.

So rich that you have never even seen a coin? I suspected as much.
It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after ones own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Matthew wrote:
So rich that you have never even seen a coin? I suspected as much.

No, no. I've only been paid in tubors, but I've heard about coins. Are they shiny??

Matthew
Unkbartig

Post by Matthew »

Well, not as shiny as tubors...

I think this Cortex System is what they used for the Battle Star Galactica and Firefly RPGs. I have to admit, I was a bit put off by the CGI tatooed and bare chested Elf. Still, I also intend to give this a read at some point, I am quite interested.

Is the Cortex System what they used for Song of Ice and Fire as well?

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Matthew wrote:
I have to admit, I was a bit put off by the CGI tatooed and bare chested Elf.

OMGosh!!!
Yes, that cover is awful. How did I miss that? Is that a male with hairy breasts? Or a female? She-male??

Ewww, wtheck?

That's is the worst "art"work I think I've ever seen. Honestly, how did Margaret and Ed miss that? It's pure crap!!

Sorry, but IMO, that is really very BAD!

Harry Joy
Ulthal

Post by Harry Joy »

Yea gawds! I downloaded it just to look, but now...
I didn't think elves could grow hair there!

The Highway Man

Post by The Highway Man »

Rhuvein wrote:
OMGosh!!!
Yes, that cover is awful. How did I miss that? Is that a male with hairy breasts? Or a female? She-male??

That is err... that...

That is awful, man!

Thegreenman

eeek!

Post by Thegreenman »

Egads! That picture really scares me. I have no interest in visiting any land with trans-gendered wood elves.