Interesting post at ENWorld today...

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Harry Joy
Ulthal

Interesting post at ENWorld today...

Post by Harry Joy »

By the inestimable Eric Noah hizzownself:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?t=235383
Quote:
The guy who cut my hair today had a copy of Castle Zagyg laying on a nearby table. I asked if he was a D&D player and he said he was more into Castles & Crusades. He knew some things about D20 and 4E (wasn't really enthusiastic about it) but he'd never heard of EN World and I didn't bother to enlighten him as it was going to take a long time to explain and, well, I had places to be.

Ironically, the book I brought with me (in case I had to wait) was one of Pazio's Planet Stories books -- he knew of Paizo!...

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

And the Crusade lives! :)

Fiffergrund
Lore Drake

Post by Fiffergrund »

I definitely believe there is a slow snowball effect taking place. From my own very subjective observations, C&C has gained quite a bit of stature and continues to do so.

I don't feel like C&C is going to "take over the world," but I have a very strong feeling that C&C is extremely healthy. That makes me feel good.

He Who Hides Behind The Elephant's Back
Marshal Fiffergrund, Knight-Errant of the Castle and Crusade Society

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

Eric also mentioned this:
Quote:
What was really funny is that I was sitting next to an old woman who was getting a perm. You know how geeks instantly start talking their secret geek code (Barber was explaining to me how the SIEGE engine works in C&C or somesuch jargony blather) and she just kept giving us these looks...

[Bold mine]

I thought this remark was funny!

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Breakdaddy
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Breakdaddy »

Nice!
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

Fat Dragon Games
Dragon Troll

Post by Fat Dragon Games »

serleran wrote:
And the Crusade lives!

Yep! Our last batch of CDs for E-Z Dungeons all had a html link to the free quickstart C&C rules on the TLG site. Every little bit helps the crusade! Now if I could only include a link to the C&C Basic set....

Fat Dragon Games
www.fatdragongames.com

Castles & Crusades...more D&D than D&D.

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

Heh, we should also tip our hats to you Thomas and Fat Dragon Games... now that C&C has finally (after weeks) been bumped from #1 on PDF sales at RPGnow, the new #1 is indeed the Borderland Keep - even ahead of the initial 4e PDFs (the C&C PHB is still highest RPG rules set after 4e.)

Congrats to both companies on a good summer so far!

Ilshara: Lands of Exile:
http://johnwright281.tripod.com/

High Squire of the C&C Society
www.cncsociety.org
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

papercut
Red Cap

Post by papercut »

Looks like the 4e behemoth is starting to overrun rpgnow at this point.

boooo

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

I too feel a little bit of a broader exposure and movement for C&C...

Stopped at Gnome Games in Green Bay today and was pleased to see a very good selection of C&C, pretty much with it's own shelf/section. PHBs, good number of mods, CZ products (several Yggsburgh books), AWD Folio... and they had Crusader mag. True, it was #8 still, but I was just happy to see one of the stores in my driving area (Green Bay, Appleton, here, Sheboygan) carrying it. One interesting product missing - M&T....

Picked up a Cheesex mat for use, and bought a couple of Reaper miniatures, more as gifts to my players (I'll let them use em as long as people don't start measuring in game lol).

Ilshara: Lands of Exile:
http://johnwright281.tripod.com/

High Squire of the C&C Society
www.cncsociety.org
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

Fat Dragon Games
Dragon Troll

Post by Fat Dragon Games »

seskis281 wrote:
Heh, we should also tip our hats to you Thomas and Fat Dragon Games... now that C&C has finally (after weeks) been bumped from #1 on PDF sales at RPGnow, the new #1 is indeed the Borderland Keep - even ahead of the initial 4e PDFs (the C&C PHB is still highest RPG rules set after 4e.)

Yeah, I had mixed feelings on that. Loved being at #1 all week, but hated to see C&C off that spot too.

Fat Dragon Games
www.fatdragongames.com

Castles & Crusades...more D&D than D&D.

Orpheus
Ulthal

Post by Orpheus »

seskis281 wrote:
Picked up a Cheesex mat for use, and bought a couple of Reaper miniatures, more as gifts to my players (I'll let them use em as long as people don't start measuring in game lol).

Yeah, I kind of feel the same way about using mini's. As long as it doesn't come down to quibbling over one or two sqares I'm fine with it and the tactical side of combat is fun. I just don't get into the long, drawn-out fights which take a couple of hours. That's one of the things I've gotten to like about Call of Cthulhu since I've recently begun playing that: Boom! You're dead. Actually I've thought about using my Clue 30th Anniversary pieces for that as mini's just to show spatial relationships. They're perfect!

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Yeah. The behemoth is definately there, but C&C is still at #5. I guess when all of the 4E setting books, extra phb's, and splat books come out, then maybe they'll take the top 10 completely.