Introduction Thread -- Say Hi!

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

Welcome new Crusaders!

I dub thee Knights of the Realm!! Arise Sir Knights!!

[Heh, just kidding guys, I'm only a scullery maid, so you'll have to see the King. But give me a few silver pieces and I can get you in to see him!!]

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

froglegg
Ungern

Post by froglegg »

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

froglegg
Ungern

Post by froglegg »

I have been looking at C&C stuff on the net and I have not seen anything that i have not liked. Also I have found my self looking at my 1st edition AD&D books again becaues of what I have seen about C&C on the net. I have thought about it long and hard and for the record I am saying NO! to the 4th edition. I do not like the changes that WOTC is makeing and for what they are doing to the Forgotten Realms. The money from me stops now. Troll Lord Games I look at what you have with C&C and I see how my 1st edition books can be used with it with little if any work. I believe that Troll Lord Games has struck a gold mine with C&C and the time is come for me to put my money where my mouth is and get the books. All I ask of Troll Lord Games is that we not be treated as a nameless mass but as people who care for and love a game that can trace its roots back to a humble fellow who had the idea to add fantasy rules to a war game. Take care and God bless y'all ( Hay I am in SC y'all)

blackmote
Mist Elf

Post by blackmote »

froglegg wrote:
I have been looking at C&C stuff on the net and I have not seen anything that i have not liked. Also I have found my self looking at my 1st edition AD&D books again becaues of what I have seen about C&C on the net. I have thought about it long and hard and for the record I am saying NO! to the 4th edition. I do not like the changes that WOTC is makeing and for what they are doing to the Forgotten Realms. The money from me stops now. Troll Lord Games I look at what you have with C&C and I see how my 1st edition books can be used with it with little if any work. I believe that Troll Lord Games has struck a gold mine with C&C and the time is come for me to put my money where my mouth is and get the books. All I ask of Troll Lord Games is that we not be treated as a nameless mass but as people who care for and love a game that can trace its roots back to a humble fellow who had the idea to add fantasy rules to a war game. Take care and God bless y'all ( Hay I am in SC y'all)

Quoted for Truth.
I could not have said that better myself. I am also looking very forward to using the C&C material to coincide with 15 years' worth of 1st and 2nd edition AD&D publications. My first C&C game is not until Mar 15th. And I'm chomping at the bit to get started after a 5+ year hiatus from D&D gaming.

WotC got their last dollar from me a few years ago. Going forward all of my RPG money will be spent towards Troll Lords and the C&C system.
~Hoyt.
"Nothing is so terrible that a huge red dragon can't make it just a hell of a lot worse."
-Dragon Magazine, issue #194, pg. 3

Gladiator27
Red Cap

Post by Gladiator27 »

I've already posted in the "Art Forum" but I figure this is actually the proper place to introduce myself.

Started playing D&D back in 82' and played it for years (got me through some crazy times in my youth) and played it off and on again when I could find a good group to play with. Haven't played in a little while but recently found out that one of my all-time favorite artist finally got around to putting up a website (Jim Holloway is the artist, by the way) and it just rekindled my passion for the game and for the little bit I dabble in fantasy art on my own.

This site seems like a great place to continue that rekindling and I hope to eventually get back into actually sitting around a table with some like minded individuals again in the future.

Great site!

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Welcome to our of our guests. If it could have been under better circumstance, it would be appreciated more. Please take a look, and stay if you like. But, it is good to see you nonetheless. May you grieve only as long as needed, and may you play whatever gaming you enjoy.

Dirgesinger
Skobbit

Post by Dirgesinger »

Hi guys, my name is Yannick, im twenty years of age and living in Malta, an island in the Mediterranean. I'm a junior programmer and a fanatic gamer, playing all kinds of games that come to hand, from DND to World of Darkness but only for a short 5 years, i started late. My *ahem* obsession *cough* with gaming has led me to try and pursue a course in game culture plus courses in history and creative writing in England, if i can but i'll be finding out soon enough. Gary's recent death has struck me very hard, he was the spark that set me on the path after all but rather than just mourn the great man, i've decided to celebrate all he has given us and i am more determined than ever to follow in the footsteps of the master.

Anyway, thats it guys, hope to get to know all of you and your ideas and opinions better
Cheers,

Yannick

Thongor
Skobbit

Post by Thongor »

Hi, my Name is Klaus, I'm 48 years old and living in Germany.

I playing RPG's since 1980, specially D&D and AD&D 2nd Ed..

Most of the time I'm the GM, and i think my players are satisfied with me.

In my other life as a "normal" person, i have my own business (Artistmanagment - but very small ) and live together wit my fiancee in deep love. Gaming brought us together.

Gary's recent death struck me very hard like many other.

In his life, his ideas and his work giving me many new friends. Now he is gone and maybe this will bring me some new friends.

Nothing more to say!

Ah, sorry about my bad englisch

Stuie
Red Cap

Post by Stuie »

Welcome all. Enjoy the site - it's a great place to discuss our favorite game.
Thongor wrote:
Ah, sorry about my bad englisch

I am always amazed at the excellent use of English by non-native speakers followed by an unnecessary apology. Your English is fine Klaus! Better than most Americans.

Aladar
Lore Drake

Post by Aladar »

Well met. Welcome Dirgesinger and Thongor.

I think you will find these folks very friendly and helpful in all matters of C&C.
Thonger,

You cannot screw up English any worse than we Americans do every day.

Warden of the Welk Wood

Baron of the Castles & Crusades Society

The Poster formerly known as Alwyn

Senior Gamer - Member of the Senior RPG Tour

"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT - At least not in Yu Gi Oh"
http://www.cncsociety.org/
Lord Aladar
Warden of the Welk Wood

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

Alwyn wrote:

I think you will find these folks very friendly and helpful in all matters of C&C.
Thonger,

You cannot screw up English any worse than we Americans do every day.

Welcome to our newest visitors and gaming friends! It is true that you cannot mess up English, as we switched from English to "American" years ago.

"Galstaff, ye are in a cornfield, when a moustachioed man approaches. What say ye?"

"I shun him."

-----

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

-- E. Gary Gygax
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I don't know about others, but I sprachen l'ngliscan avec der autre langues.
If you feel your English is bad: just wait until we try your language...

Thongor
Skobbit

Post by Thongor »

Thanks to both of you
I've no problems to read in english, but speaking, understanding spoken words and writing in englisch is very hard for me. I always must use a (online) dictonary
And you know: the word, what you wish to translate is not written in the dictonary

Dirgesinger
Skobbit

Post by Dirgesinger »

Alwyn wrote:

thanks Alwyn, i'm sure i will!! i'm going to order my first C&C books soon, i cant wait to get started with it!! ^_^

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

Welcome new friends and Crusaders!

Enjoy the game.

SilverFire85
Mist Elf

Heyo

Post by SilverFire85 »

Hey all, I'm Dee, 28 from Wisconsin, and I've been gaming since 1999. I started with D&D (second ed) and branched out to the different systems from there. I've played Rifts, Champions/Heroes, and a little WoD. I've played many of the D&D PC games, and I love my video games.
I have a daughter who just turned one, and I hope that I can pass the gaming bug off onto her. She's always with us while we game, and I'm planning on getting her her own set of giant plush dice. Lol.

That's pretty much the basics about me. Pretty boring, huh? Lol![/b]

Harry Joy
Ulthal

Post by Harry Joy »

Welcome, to all. Nice to see more folks from overseas, and from closer to home. And, nice av, SilverFire.

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

Dirgesinger wrote:
thanks Alwyn, i'm sure i will!! i'm going to order my first C&C books soon, i cant wait to get started with it!! ^_^

Be sure to ask questions, if needed, share house rules and insight, or just plain let us know how the game works for you. Welcome, Dirgesinger, and enjoy your "stay".

Happy gaming,

Zudrak

"Galstaff, ye are in a cornfield, when a moustachioed man approaches. What say ye?"

"I shun him."

-----

-- E. Gary Gygax

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Re: Heyo

Post by Rhuvein »

SilverFire85 wrote:
Hey all, I'm Dee, 28 from Wisconsin, and I've been gaming since 1999. I started with D&D (second ed) and branched out to the different systems from there. I've played Rifts, Champions/Heroes, and a little WoD. I've played many of the D&D PC games, and I love my video games.
I have a daughter who just turned one, and I hope that I can pass the gaming bug off onto her. She's always with us while we game, and I'm planning on getting her her own set of giant plush dice. Lol.

No, not boring. Well said!
Welcome.

You've brought a daughter into this world - well done. Gary brought 3 and they played the game. I myself returned to gaming after 20+ years to teach my daughter and because of it, I found C&C, The Trolls and met Gary who I only knew from my boxed set in 1978.

The plushed dice =
Glad to have your with us.

Enjoy the game!!

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

SilverFire85 wrote:
and I love my video games. [/b]

Hey me too! From Zork, Ultima & King's Quest to Quake, Duke Nukem, Diablo II and Half-Life!

Hmm, reminds me, time to see if HL2 Episode 2 has dropped in price and then I can join Gordon and Alix . . .

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

SilverFire85 wrote:

Get your daughter a plush pseudodragon and she'll be hooked. My late wife always played an elven wizard. Our 5 year old son wanted to make a wizard character for our one-on-one campaign together, so I let his character adopt his mommy's pseudodragon. We bought a plush one in Toronto (at Casa Loma) not long after she died last summer. He keeps it in bed every night.

Enjoy passing the gaming "bug" on down the generations!

Happy gaming,

Zudrak

"I shun him."

-----

-- E. Gary Gygax

-- E. Gary Gygax

francois_c3po
Henchman

Post by francois_c3po »

Hello,

My name is Franois. I'm 36 years old and leave in France.

I've been roleplaying since 1984. I started with D&D and AD&D and, at the time being, I run D&D3.5 games from time to time. I've also played too many other games to list them.

I'm webmastering a french web repository of rpg sites (la-vouivre com) and I participate to a game info web site (leludiste fr).

I'm currently member of the writing team for the new version of a french rpg named Bloodlust.

I came to this board because of the sad news about the death of Mr Gygax. I am very impressed with all the reaction I've read and I am proud to be part of this community of gamers (even if reading some messages here have made me sheed a tear in front of my computer at the office)

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Bienvenue! Pull up a chair, rest, and let's discuss what we all enjoy: gaming. Hope you like the place. We try to keep it neat and clean.

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Welcome and well met to all the new members. I could wish that the arrival of new friends was under happier circumstances, but hopefully everyone will find this a congenial spot on the web to hang out.

Any questions or comments just let me know.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Aladar
Lore Drake

Post by Aladar »

Well met Dee & Franois.

Dee,

I am sure that gaming is hereditary, at least it was in my case, both my sons play. No one who plays RPGs is boring.

Warden of the Welk Wood

Lord Aladar
Warden of the Welk Wood

SilverFire85
Mist Elf

Post by SilverFire85 »

Zudrak wrote:
Get your daughter a plush pseudodragon and she'll be hooked. My late wife always played an elven wizard. Our 5 year old son wanted to make a wizard character for our one-on-one campaign together, so I let his character adopt his mommy's pseudodragon. We bought a plush one in Toronto (at Casa Loma) not long after she died last summer. He keeps it in bed every night.

Enjoy passing the gaming "bug" on down the generations!

Happy gaming,

Zudrak
OoooOoooo!!!! A plush pseudodragon?? Where can I find me one of those?? I'd love to get one. The pseudodragon is my favorite creature for a familiar. Three of our gaming group are pitching in to buy my daughter a plush Cthulhu for her birthday, which just passed. Lol.

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

SilverFire85 wrote:
OoooOoooo!!!! A plush pseudodragon?? Where can I find me one of those?? I'd love to get one. The pseudodragon is my favorite creature for a familiar. Three of our gaming group are pitching in to buy my daughter a plush Cthulhu for her birthday, which just passed. Lol.

Hmm. The Casa Loma site doesn't have their stuffed animals, but they do have other things that may be of interest on their Medieval and "Stuff for Children" pages.

Of course, they didn't call it a "pseudodragon", but it was about the size of one and was a cool bluish color. I'll look at the tag tonight and see if I can't figure out what company makes it. Then I will post it here, if I can get my camera phone to work properly.

"I shun him."

-----

-- E. Gary Gygax

-- E. Gary Gygax

joxer131
Mist Elf

Post by joxer131 »

Hi All,

Joe Damiani from Canada near Toronto. I have played RPGs since the late 70's early 80's and that can give a hint of how old I am
Currently playing in a 1st edition and 3.5 campaign. I have been getting more intimate with C&C having started writing a few things for Yggsburgh and Crusader.

Work in IT with 2 wonderful women in my life, my gal Tammy and our beautiful new baby Olivia.
The debt we owe to the play of imagination is incalculable....C Jung

Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Rhuvein »

joxer131 wrote:
Hi All,

Joe Damiani from Canada near Toronto. I have played RPGs since the late 70's early 80's and that can give a hint of how old I am
Currently playing in a 1st edition and 3.5 campaign. I have been getting more intimate with C&C having started writing a few things for Yggsburgh and Crusader.

Work in IT with 2 wonderful women in my life, my gal Tammy and our beautiful new baby Olivia.

Hey congrats, Joe.

My 16 year old baby shares the same name. How old is she?

Matthew
Unkbartig

Post by Matthew »

Welcome and well met to Blackmote, Gladiator, Yannick, Klaus, Franois, Dee, Joe and anybody else I have missed.
It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after ones own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350)