Suggestions for con-length C&C adventures?

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Suggestions for con-length C&C adventures?

Post by tylermo »

I was wondering if there are any good con-length(3-4 hours) adventures for C&C. I have nearly all of the published mod's, and a few of the downloadable's. Don't have the right in front of me, but isn't Lion in the Ropes a shorter one? I typically run a lot of Savage Worlds at conventions(and I plan to continue doing so), but I want to help increase exposure for C&C. More spotlight is needed at some cons for this great game. Thanks for the help.

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

Shadows of the Halfling Hall.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Good. I own that one. I'll look it over, and most likely go with that one. That said, I may need one other before it's over with. Thanks for the help. I look forward to further promoting one of my two favorite rpg systems.

Greg Ellis
Red Cap

Post by Greg Ellis »

A subset of A1 would work. The lair at the top of the ridge would be about right, maybe just a touch too short. You could add some wilderness encounters on the way there.

The bigger dungeon toward the end would be too long; you would need to trim.

My experience with cons so far is that GM's (including me) tend to pick WAY TOO MUCH material. It's disappointing for the players when you need to end the game without finishing. Better to err on the side of too little, rather than too much.

bighara
Ulthal

Post by bighara »

Greg Ellis wrote:
A subset of A1 would work. The lair at the top of the ridge would be about right, maybe just a touch too short. You could add some wilderness encounters on the way there.

The bigger dungeon toward the end would be too long; you would need to trim.

My experience with cons so far is that GM's (including me) tend to pick WAY TOO MUCH material. It's disappointing for the players when you need to end the game without finishing. Better to err on the side of too little, rather than too much.

Another thing that helps is to skip most of the setup. Rather than letting the players play out hearing rumors in the tavern or climbing through the mountains to the keep, just roll that into the back story's flavor text, finishing up with "You now stand before the doors to the dungeon. What DO you do?"
“Style is the perfection of a point of view.”

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Dark Chateau works, as does many of the adventure hooks from Yggsburgh. A0: The Rising Knight also works, and so would A Lion In The Ropes. Another easy-to-use adventure would be numerous bits from Haunted Highlands -- the module does not need to be 'completed." It just needs to be exciting. Is it a tournament?

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

I have several of those. Rising Knight might be good. Some would probably have to be trimmed, but that's a possibility. Sounds like I'll definately be running Wizard's Tower, and I might even check out Mr. Ward's "tower" offering. At 1.00 you can't beat em for con games.

jman5000
Ulthal

Post by jman5000 »

Wouldn't the towers of adventure PDF modules that are designed for single session play work well?

Also, Dwarven forge was supposed to be a single session mod

I would also think that for a high-octane mod but would require a lot of trimming, but would be fun because its a chase, would be The Mortality of Green.

Just a few thoughts.

Cheers,

J.

Breakdaddy
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Breakdaddy »

I hope you run a Savage Worlds game at Troll Con, Tyler.
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Breakdaddy, I'd very much like to. Not sure about the deadline for submissions, but more importantly, I don't want to miss(without knowing the schedule) some of Todd G's games(I've heard he's got one or two good ones for sure. And, I'm hopeful Mr. Ward might be doing Met Alpha, among others) I tried to follow a link to the schedule but had some difficulty. Since you've asked nicely about Savage Worlds, it seems I have no choice but to run at least one off-schedule to be certain.

Breakdaddy
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Breakdaddy »

tylermo wrote:
Breakdaddy, I'd very much like to. Not sure about the deadline for submissions, but more importantly, I don't want to miss(without knowing the schedule) some of Todd G's games(I've heard he's got one or two good ones for sure. And, I'm hopeful Mr. Ward might be doing Met Alpha, among others) I tried to follow a link to the schedule but had some difficulty. Since you've asked nicely about Savage Worlds, it seems I have no choice but to run at least one off-schedule to be certain.

Glad to hear it. I don't know when or if Todd is going to make TC this year but I hope he does. I dont think he has any scheduled games going but Id have to check the schedule which is already posted in the Troll Con forum if you havent checked it out yet.
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Yeah. I just saw that. I hope he'll be there running some offerings. Looks like I can keep my sched open for Ward, the Chenaults, and even McBain's Star Trek game. Extra cool to be certain! Bdaddy, give me some times that are good for you as to when I should run my session, or two.

Breakdaddy
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Breakdaddy »

tylermo wrote:
Yeah. I just saw that. I hope he'll be there running some offerings. Looks like I can keep my sched open for Ward, the Chenaults, and even McBain's Star Trek game. Extra cool to be certain! Bdaddy, give me some times that are good for you as to when I should run my session, or two.

Outside of my Friday WFRP game and McBains Trek game, Im up for a game anytime.
-Genghis Khan