Happy Chanukah from Greg Hilldebrandt and Rhuvein

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10792
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Happy Chanukah from Greg Hilldebrandt and Rhuvein

Post by Rhuvein »

Almost forgot to post my annual wishes for all who celebrate. And this year I actually scanned in the artwork from my book rather than post an internet thumbnail.

Image

Judas Maccabeus (the Hammer), on the left and Mattathias (his father) the priest, on the right

Curried sweet potato latkes (pancakes) this year!!

Rhuveinus Maccabeus.

_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

User avatar
Omote
Battle Stag
Posts: 11560
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 7:00 am
Location: The fairest view in the park, Ohio.
Contact:

Post by Omote »

Is it Chanukah already?! Wow, where does the time go?

~O
_________________
> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <
Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

User avatar
Deogolf
Lore Drake
Posts: 1548
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 7:00 am

Post by Deogolf »

Enjoy Rhu! Have a very blessed holiday season!
_________________
Eulaliaaa!!! Give those rapscallions blood and vinegar, wot?!

Be sure to check out Jim's artwork for sale:
http://jimhollowayart.com/id5.html

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10792
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Post by Rhuvein »

Santa joined me for the lighting of the candles:

Image

_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

User avatar
Deogolf
Lore Drake
Posts: 1548
Joined: Wed May 03, 2006 7:00 am

Post by Deogolf »

Rhuvein wrote:
Santa joined me for the lighting of the candles:

See, Santa isn't all that bad!!
_________________
Eulaliaaa!!! Give those rapscallions blood and vinegar, wot?!

Be sure to check out Jim's artwork for sale:
http://jimhollowayart.com/id5.html

serleran
Mogrl
Posts: 13866
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:00 am

Post by serleran »

May you not skip a beat of Hallel Shalem.
_________________
If it matters, leave a message at the beep.
Serl's Corner

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10792
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Post by Rhuvein »

serleran wrote:
May you not skip a beat of Hallel Shalem.

Heh, you better be good for goodness sake . .

nah, we sing this song . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yErhglOXIxM

Chanukah is coming to town,

Chanukah is coming to town,

Cha nu kah . . is coming tooooo town!!

_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10792
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Post by Rhuvein »

Deogolf wrote:
See, Santa isn't all that bad!!

For sure, he's one BAAADDDD *******er, but I'm talkin' about Shafsanta!

We can dig it!
_________________
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

GreyLord
Hlobane Orc
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:00 am

Post by GreyLord »

On a related but different note, I'd never seen that one by the Hildebrandts. Are they Jewish?

User avatar
Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 3350
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:00 am

Post by Relaxo »

Yeah, that painting is badass!

Happy H!
_________________
"Relaxo"
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10792
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Re: Happy Chanukah from Greg Hilldebrandt and Rhuvein

Post by Rhuvein »

Man o manischewitz, it’s the most wonderful time of the year!!

Candles are lit, prayers invoked and my +5 Hammer of Judah is anointed! Let’s hunt orc!

Having my first Hanukkah nog! ;)

OK, ready your gelt for some gambling ~ who’s got the skeckels??

“On the first night of Hannukah, my true love gave to me . . . “

L’Chaim, y’all and God Jul!!

:D
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

User avatar
Arduin
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 4045
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:12 pm
Location: Granite quarry

Re: Happy Chanukah from Greg Hilldebrandt and Rhuvein

Post by Arduin »

Great picture. Have a good celebration.
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10792
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Re: Happy Chanukah from Greg Hilldebrandt and Rhuvein

Post by Rhuvein »

Arduin wrote:Great picture. Have a good celebration.
Many thanks! :)
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

User avatar
Lurker
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 4043
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:00 am
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Happy Chanukah from Greg Hilldebrandt and Rhuvein

Post by Lurker »

Rhu

Nice art, good pict, and the thought of curried sweet potato pancakes and nog mmmmmm

Have a blessed holiday season, and hope the blessings last through the new year!
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10792
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Re: Happy Chanukah from Greg Hilldebrandt and Rhuvein

Post by Rhuvein »

Lurker wrote:Rhu

Nice art, good pict, and the thought of curried sweet potato pancakes and nog mmmmmm

Have a blessed holiday season, and hope the blessings last through the new year!
Thanks . . and same to you! :)
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10792
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Re: Happy Chanukah from Greg Hilldebrandt and Rhuvein

Post by Rhuvein »

The year is 5773!

Happy Hanukkah!

Enjoy the holiday season!

Peace on Earth!

Someone is coming to town!

:D
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

User avatar
Hal G
Red Cap
Posts: 253
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:18 pm

Re: Happy Chanukah from Greg Hilldebrandt and Rhuvein

Post by Hal G »

Happy, happy all my fellow chosen people.

Image

User avatar
Hal G
Red Cap
Posts: 253
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:18 pm

Re: Happy Chanukah from Greg Hilldebrandt and Rhuvein

Post by Hal G »

Gah its HUGE, sorry, did not realize it.

User avatar
Arduin
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 4045
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:12 pm
Location: Granite quarry

Re: Happy Chanukah from Greg Hilldebrandt and Rhuvein

Post by Arduin »

Rhuvein wrote:Curried sweet potato latkes (pancakes) this year!!
Mmmmmmm :)

Happy Chanukah!
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

User avatar
Lurker
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 4043
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:00 am
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Happy Chanukah from Greg Hilldebrandt and Rhuvein

Post by Lurker »

Rhuvein wrote:The year is 5773!

Happy Hanukkah!

Enjoy the holiday season!

Peace on Earth!

Someone is coming to town!

:D
You too my friend!

Too bad its too warm here to make my muled wine or cyder ...

That said, though this year has been a bit rough, It was a blessed year too. I hope you can say the same.

Hal, Great pict!
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

User avatar
Hal G
Red Cap
Posts: 253
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:18 pm

Re: Happy Chanukah from Greg Hilldebrandt and Rhuvein

Post by Hal G »

Lurker wrote:
Rhuvein wrote:The year is 5773!

Happy Hanukkah!

Enjoy the holiday season!

Peace on Earth!

Someone is coming to town!

:D
You too my friend!

Too bad its too warm here to make my muled wine or cyder ...

That said, though this year has been a bit rough, It was a blessed year too. I hope you can say the same.

Hal, Great pict!
Thanks she gets one each year so far, it is funny it makes bubble sounds then says "Oy Vey" in an old Jewish voice, she loves them.

Also do not forget my Hanukkah gift we did through TLG!

Our free adventure to tease Bluffside: http://www.rpgnow.com/product/108932/Bl ... -our-Noses

User avatar
Relaxo
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 3350
Joined: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:00 am

Re: Happy Chanukah from Greg Hilldebrandt and Rhuvein

Post by Relaxo »

L'Chaim!
(Do you say L'Caim for Hanukkah?)

Happy Hanukkah!
Bill D.
Author: Yarr! Rules-Light Pirate RPG
BD Games - www.playBDgames.com
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/browse.ph ... rs_id=5781

User avatar
Breakdaddy
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 3875
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:00 am

Re: Happy Chanukah from Greg Hilldebrandt and Rhuvein

Post by Breakdaddy »

Happy Hanukkah to you, sirs!
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

User avatar
Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 4514
Joined: Thu May 11, 2006 7:00 am
Location: SW Missouri
Contact:

Re: Happy Chanukah from Greg Hilldebrandt and Rhuvein

Post by Julian Grimm »

Happy Hanukkah or Chanukah (Whichever is the correct version) to all who celebrate it. Shalom!
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

User avatar
MormonYoYoMan
Ulthal
Posts: 621
Joined: Sun May 23, 2010 7:00 am
Location: Texas

Re: Happy Chanukah from Greg Hilldebrandt and Rhuvein

Post by MormonYoYoMan »

And a very merry Chanukah to all, with my great gratitude for the remembrance of how there was always enough - but no more, and how a light did not fail. Pretty much describes my life so far.
-
*jeep! & God Bless!
--Grandpa Chet
"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

User avatar
Rhuvein
Cleric of Zagyg
Posts: 10792
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Somewhere in Time

Re: Happy Chanukah from Greg Hilldebrandt and Rhuvein

Post by Rhuvein »

Have a Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!

Oh, and a Happy Hanukkah as well!!

:D
Count Rhuveinus - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Franqueforte

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

PeelSeel2
Ulthal
Posts: 610
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 7:00 am
Location: Wayne, NE

Re: Happy Chanukah from Greg Hilldebrandt and Rhuvein

Post by PeelSeel2 »

Yes! You too! May your belly be full!

User avatar
Lurker
Greater Lore Drake
Posts: 4043
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:00 am
Location: Oklahoma

Re: Happy Chanukah from Greg Hilldebrandt and Rhuvein

Post by Lurker »

I hope you all had as big a lunch as we did here!
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

User avatar
Dracyian
Unkbartig
Posts: 877
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:22 pm
Location: Eastern Wisconsin

Re: Happy Chanukah from Greg Hilldebrandt and Rhuvein

Post by Dracyian »

Rhuvein wrote:Have a Happy Thanksgiving, y'all!

Oh, and a Happy Hanukkah as well!!

:D
Hope everyone had a nice thanksgiving, a good start to Hanukkah (I'm not sure the proper greetings for Hanukkah, as I don't know anyone personally that celebrates it, so I appologize if I accidentally offend or say the wrong things) and enjoys their black friday whether it is out braving the stores, or relaxing or stuck working.

Isn't this like the first time in over a thousand years that Hanukkah was celebrated on thanksgiving too?

Post Reply