What boardgame(s) are you playing?

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Ancalagon
Ulthal

Re: What boardgame(s) are you playing?

Post by Ancalagon »

I played Ebola Monkey Hunt on Christmas Eve.
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

Treebore wrote:
Dracyian wrote:During our game's christmas party last weekend we played Cards against humanity, the bigger blacker box and that was a few hours of non stop laughter
My kids have that, with all expansions, but I have yet to see it played.
Its a great game but its not the faint of heart or the politically correct. The game is extremely fun though if you can get past things that would normally cause people to get mad and offended all in the name of fun then you will enjoy it

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

CAH is great fun. I love the rules included in the Biggest Blackest Box:

Rules.
1.) Do not play this game. (or something to that effect).

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

Well, quite a gaming holiday. Ended up playing Kill Doctor Lucky, Munchkin (with the Level the Playing Field Expansion - adds a board and tokens), and Zombie Fluxx several times over the course of last week.

Have a bunch of new games in the Bullpen - Quarriors, Descent, Doctor Who Card Game, Horus Heresy, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Citadels and Ogre Designer Edition

Finished Shadowrun Returns and am starting on Fallout. Still have TOEE to finish (in the Air Node).
De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria

Litzen Tallister
Red Cap

Post by Litzen Tallister »

After watching Tabletop, the household here has picked up playing Unspeakable Words. Quick, easy to learn, and fun to play.

Cards Against Humanity also sees pretty regular activity. Though, one has to be careful about audience with that one.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Me and the crew have been playing a royal crap-load of Star Trek Attack Wing. It doesn't exactly qualify as a boardgame as it's more miniatures than anything, but it rocks.

Star Trek Attack Wing Images

It's based on the popular X-Wing miniatures game from FFG, but is a bit more complex, and obviously based on the Star Trek property. In Attack Wing, you can play any one of the Star Trek Capitol ships in head-to-head space combat. The game is simplified down to make it a good boardgame/miniatures game, but the system is solid and a ton of fun. The movement system is very tactical. I like that. Good dice rolling helps, but the main crux of the game could be all based on precision movement. Regardless, most fun I have had playing a miniatures game in a long, long time. It helps that all of the pieces are pre-painted (fairly well). We can play a 60 point game (about 4 capitol ships on the table), in about 1 hour.

I'm totally hooked.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

Well, I just played Ticket To Ride for the first time, and it was pretty fun. I am looking forward to getting Zombicide though. I watched several reviews and gameplay walkthroughs on Youtube and it looks like alot of fun!

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

Even though I am friggin' 1 and 5 with this game (its not easy to beat or I simply stink at it!) I can't stop playing it!

"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

Very fun game once you get past the rulebook. Plenty of good videos to watch online for it. Great game. The Space Hulk game on Steam is a fun game too. I don't own the board game (missed out on the last run of it), but apparently quite faithful in it's representation of the game.

Breakdaddy, did you get any of the expansion for this? I don't play it enough right now to pick those up, but hear they bring some cool options.
De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

TheMetal1, I have all of the expansions but havent added any of the materials from any expansions yet. I was hoping to get my win ratio a bit higher before adding anything. I might use the Deathwing team soon since some of those characters have very cool abilities, like the tech marine with a combat servitor that can attack enemies behind him even when the marine himself isnt attacking. Ive got the boargame (3rd edition) but the card game gets far more table time due to easier setup and the fact that I can play Death Angel solitaire. I should really buy that steam version, just havent gotten around to it yet. Good news, though: I am now 2 and 5, NICE!

BTW, the rulebook is ATROCIOUS! I have owned this game for like two years but the layout of the rules put me off playing it until recently when I buckled down and watched a really good youtube vid on how to play it. Awesome game, crap rulebook
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

Picked up Steve Jackson Games Ogre: Pocket Edition along with Expansion set 4 and 6 for the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelord series.
De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

Down to just one player for my C&C game tomorrow due to illness, so we're going to play some Axis & Allies instead.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Sometime after GenCon, or by early September, my friend and I are going to play Eclipse. It's sort of a Twighlight Imperium-type game, but takes less time to play. By less, that probably means not 7 hours. :) Either way, I've heard good things about it. The game appears to have decent production values, but not quite as good overall as Fantasy Flight Games. Some good plastic pieces, but there are some wood cubes, circles, and what not.

On a side note, I have most of the expansion material for the Firefly board game, except for the Bounty Hunters box. Hope to give that another play or two.

Also, I obtained a copy of Star Trek Settlers of Catan. Not a huge Catan guy, but I like to play the occasional game. That said, the starship pieces, starbases, etc. called out to me. Look around at Target. It was clearanced for 25.00 recently.

And, I hope to procure one of those over-sized, laminated Circus Maximus maps (with the 1" squares). Ever since the North Texas rpg guys gave me one team of metal horses, chariot, driver, etc., I'm no longer content to play the regular sized/cardboard chits CM anymore. Not entirely true, but you get the point. You just don't realize how serious some of those NTRPG Con guys are about Circus Maximus. They had a sculptor make a team of 4 horses (can be removed from the base as they are killed), a chariot w/driver and whip, add-on pieces for spiked wheels, and a dragged driver piece. I'll have to take a picture of it, or link to one of their pics. You have to see it to believe it.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Butt Monkey, you can't go wrong with the old standby...Axis and Allies. Want to try out my copy of 1942 that's sort of between the 1941 basic and the larger Europe and Pacific sets.

I'm pretty sure I've got to have that Doctor Who Risk, even though I'm not sure if it will be as good as Risk 2210 or Godstorm.

DMSamuel
Red Cap

Post by DMSamuel »

I've been playing a lot of Lewis & Clark with my wife.

We also played Bora Bora last week.
~DMSamuel
---

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

Had a fun boardgaming day on Saturday. We played one game of Axis & Allies 1942 Second Edition (I got absolutely crushed playing the Allies -- Russia was wiped in the second turn due to a poor decision to try to hang on to the Caucasus and there was no way to recover from that), then tried out Axis & Allies: D-Day which my buddy picked up recently. We enjoyed D-Day quite a bit. It's much less challenging than straight A&A, but that was also part of its charm. We rounded out the night with a couple games of Ticket to Ride. Good times.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

DMSamuel
Red Cap

Post by DMSamuel »

Played a game of Mystery Rummy No. 4 Al Capone today - an interesting game with some strange, but good mechanics that make it just different enough from traditional rummy to keep my attention.
~DMSamuel
---

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Ah, A&A 1942 2nd edition. That seems to be the version to go with, outside of Europe and Pacific. Sorry Russia had a hard time. What else is new? :) It's been a long time since I've played D-Day, but probably my least favorite entry from the A&A family of games. Still not bad, however.

DMSamuel
Red Cap

Post by DMSamuel »

Just played 7 games of Racko with my wife.

We will probably play Lewis & Clark later tonight.
~DMSamuel
---

narpet
Red Cap

Post by narpet »

Played SmallWorld with the family a couple nights ago. We got it recently because it looked like it might be fun for the whole family. It's not a "knock it out of the park" game, but it is fun. It was easy to learn and only took a little less than an hour to finish. We will definitely play it more.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Played the Legendary card game based on the Aliens Franchise. Aside from them really irritating us by having to take an hour to sort the cards into playable mini decks, etc... we really enjoyed playing it.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Sir Aaron Gwyn
Skobbit

Post by Sir Aaron Gwyn »

These are the boardgames that me and my family play.
2014-10-11 10.28.57.jpg
2014-10-11 10.28.57.jpg (65.33 KiB) Viewed 19291 times
Sir Aaron Gwyn

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Oh yeah. One of our C&C customers picked up the ALiens game at CarbonCon 1. Love Alien and Aliens, so I'm intrigued. As for boardgames, I have a lot I should be playing.

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

Have Talisman 4th Edition Revised out on the game table now for two players, along with the Dungeon, The Woodlands, The City and The Highlands. I wanted to see what it was like to play with all four corners.

Recently played Shadowrun: Crossfire and Munchkin (with the Un-Natural Axe Expansion).

Up on deck, is Space Hulk and the Doctor Who Card Game.
De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

concobar
Ulthal

Post by concobar »

Necromancy!!!

Tried a game of Stone age the other day. It was good. i liked it. Picked up Imperial assault but have not played it yet. Seems to be Descent with star wars as the theme so should be good.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Spacehulk. Looking to get an ongoing campaign style of Spacehulk in very soon, where marines get XP and bonuses as they advance from scenario to scenario.

~O
VAE VICTUS!