Troll Video Q&A

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
serleran
Mogrl

Troll Video Q&A

Post by serleran »

Get your questions in now for next week's Troll Q&A. Remember, they want easy questions, like "did you get dropped a lot s a child" or "has Davis befriended any new fences lately?" Or, it can be something related to a game or C&C, but should be generic so they can anwer it... you know, 'cause they're Trolls.

Just passing along what I saw on the FB.

Secret Skeleton
Ulthal

Post by Secret Skeleton »

"When will the CKG be available in Swahili?"

Bowbe
Red Cap

Swahili:

Post by Bowbe »

Thats easy.

Its been out in klik and swahili for years. We've been reverse engineering it to Arkansas English, then from Arkansas "Anglish" to American English as preferred by American Psychological Association guides to layout and format. Of course Peter will insist on Queen's English variations when moving it to Indesign, and kerning all paragraphs so that they must be read in the "round", which is a very progressive way of taking a 400 page book and turning it down to about 225 with 2400 words per page, thus passing the savings on to you. Pretty much thats what has taken so long.

Bowbe

Secret Skeleton
Ulthal

Ah, I wish I had known. I was raised largely in Shannon, County Missourah so I am fluent in Arkansan. I have in fact spent more than one weekend hanging out on the river drinking and shooting at stuff.

If I can further save by avoiding the Queen's English version, I will. I like Freddy Mercury, but if I can save a few bucks and get it sooner, I will do so.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Raised in Laclede county MissouRI and now live in Wright County. On a high enough hill I can look south and almost see Arkansass.

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Secret Skeleton
Ulthal

To be fair you can look at any densely forested hill with smoke coming up from somewhere on it and pretty much see all of Arkansas.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Check out the Troll Lord channel on Youtube... Those boys are crazy! Davis is da man. Haha.

~O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

Omote wrote:
Check out the Troll Lord channel on Youtube... Those boys are crazy! Davis is da man. Haha.

~O

I think I'd like to see Davis answer questions a la The Askaninja.com Ninja. That would be stellar.

"Galstaff, ye are in a cornfield, when a moustachioed man approaches. What say ye?"

"I shun him."

-----

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

-- E. Gary Gygax
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

Christina Stiles
Ulthal

Post by Christina Stiles »

I'm interested in learning what other big projects TLG hopes to publish in 2010.

The Misfit Troll Word Wrangler
www.christinastiles.com
www.misfit-studios.com
www.trolllord.com

Aneoth of Ironwood
Hlobane Orc

Post by Aneoth of Ironwood »

Julian Grimm wrote:
Raised in Laclede county MissouRI and now live in Wright County. On a high enough hill I can look south and almost see Arkansass.

There are hills in Missouri?

I do not believe it....

Dagger
Red Cap

Post by Dagger »

What are the plans for Cleaver the Pit?

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

Christina Stiles wrote:
I'm interested in learning what other big projects TLG hopes to publish in 2010.

On a related not, I'd like to what extent the big projects are going to affect the smaller ones (Crusader, modules, etc.). I know the Trolls have said these will take a back seat to the bigger projects, but I'm curious to what extent it will effect the smaller jobs.
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

I wonder if TLG has a plan to compete with games like Dragon Age (RPG) and the coming Goodman Games DCC rpg. Both seem like they could be threats to C&C.

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06