Most Desirous RPG Item...

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Secret Skeleton
Ulthal

Post by Secret Skeleton »

I heard DAT was a cabby somewhere.

Deogolf
Lore Drake

Post by Deogolf »

Joe wrote:
Good point Deo, but when those powers that be have passed on and moved on years ago what gives?

He is such a legend that he could dictate his own terms...at least to many publishers and we would be like...ok you got it!

I would be honored to have him in print but the word on the street is "don't call me, don't try to contact me, whatever the project is I am not interested"

Is it really about the "powers that be" or is it about the relationship with the artist and fans?

We would buy chicken scratches if EGG wrote it, not because he was a genius designer, but because we loved him for what he gave us. how it made us feel like kids again to read his quirky prose.

Folks love Jim Holloway not for his technical expertise but because of how his art makes us FEEL. How it brings us back to those days when our minds were fresh, young, and still amazed. Jim was not aware he had so many loyal fans until he came back into the "scene"

(Hopefully those same fans are also opening their wallets) hint! hint!

I am sure the level of love and support for Tramp would be very similar if not more powerful.

Screw the powers that be!

I love Tramp and I want to see his art shared. Simple as that.

Btw: got any contact info???

Contact info? I wish I did. But, from what I've heard, there isn't any amount of money on this planet that would get him to come back - that's my impression anyway. He's not the only one to get disgusted with the gaminig industry and just walk away. I don't know that transpired between TSR and Tramp, but I know a lot of it had to do with his WORMY series and publishing it.

Yes, he is a cab driver in northern Illinois, somewhere in the Chicago metro area I believe. He has been approached over the years without success. I sure wish there was a person, or a way, that could get him to come back, but after this long, it don't look dat gud! :\

Be sure to check out Jim's artwork for sale:
http://jimhollowayart.com/id5.html

Joe
Unkbartig

Post by Joe »

All I know is he would be well received by many if he ever did do art again.

He probably has no idea just how many people he has affected over the years with his simple b&w pieces.

Sorry to jack the thread...
My most desirous rpg item...a real life bag of holding.

For all my exes...

'Follow your bliss.' -Joseph Campbell

danbuter
Hlobane Orc

Post by danbuter »

Pavis & Big Rubble and Griffin Island for Runequest.

Dan
http://home.comcast.net/~danbuter/candc.html - my Castles and Crusades webpage

Egg of Coot
Hlobane Orc

Post by Egg of Coot »

I've got a fairly substantial collection as it is, but there are still a few items I'd like to get my hands on. I think I'd go for either the first print woodgrain D&D box or a complete run of Chaosium's Call of Cthulhu gear.

The Egg

PrimEvil Studios on Facebook. Be a fan.

PrimEvil Studios is on Facebook. Click here to become a fan.

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

I probably should have gotten a copy of Ptolus when it came out.
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

bloodymage
Hlobane Orc

Post by bloodymage »

A personal game room.

sieg
Unkbartig

Post by sieg »

A copy of OD&D's _Palace of the Vampire Queen_...

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Which version / printing, Mike? The original one is, naturally much more expensive than say, the digest variety. Also, I hear some possible good news concerning a theoretical reprint... of course, not "exactly for OD&D" but you might get more news about it at NTRPG, if you know what I'm hinting.

Deogolf
Lore Drake

Post by Deogolf »

I was able to snag the photocopied version that Frank Mentzer used at Gary Con I a couple of years ago. I can't remember what I paid (under $50 I think). I figured that it'd be the closest thing to the real thing that I was going to get, plus Frank signed it. If they reprint, fine with me. The money went to supporting Gary Con - which is always a good thing!

Be sure to check out Jim's artwork for sale:
http://jimhollowayart.com/id5.html

Arazmus
Ulthal

Post by Arazmus »

papercut wrote:
A complete box of the Advanced Marvel Superhero TSR boxed set. Lol but true.

I might have a spare if you have money for shipping.

Arazmus
Ulthal

Post by Arazmus »

I'd like a signed copy of the 1st ed DMG with the efreet cover.

sieg
Unkbartig

Post by sieg »

serleran wrote:
Which version / printing, Mike? The original one is, naturally much more expensive than say, the digest variety. Also, I hear some possible good news concerning a theoretical reprint... of course, not "exactly for OD&D" but you might get more news about it at NTRPG, if you know what I'm hinting.

Ideally I'd like an original but a copy (or 'reprint' as it were) would be fine with me. No, I haven't heard any rumors of that nature but a reprint would certainly be welcome...so long as its faithful to the original and not a 'reinterpretation'. All too often those reinterpretations end up making the adventure a whole new experiencee. If I wanted a new adventure, I'd buy a new adventure.
That being said, I understand that most 70s adventures (certainly the very first one) were in a format that's not commercially viable today. So, let me qualify that a reinterpretation would work...*IF* the encounters were faithful. Or like RJK you put something in the back that describes what the original was versus the reinterpretations.

Mike

CharlieRock
Lore Drake

Post by CharlieRock »

I want the new Dr. Who Boxed set.

Know your roll!