Fields of Battle revamping?

Discuss the SIEGE engine, and SIEGE Engine games other than C&C, such as StarSIEGE, in this forum.
mostrojoe
Red Cap

Fields of Battle revamping?

Post by mostrojoe »

It is a pity Fields of Battle, a so brilliant miniature wargame, is widely unknown to the public, expecially in these times of miniature wargaming boom.

Why not giving the base box in a discounted bundle with some 6mm manifacturer? Take a look at these wonderful fantasy 6mm miniatures for an exemple!

http://www.microworldgames.com/collections/6mm-fantasy

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Re: Fields of Battle revamping?

Post by Sir Ironside »

Nice looking miniatures. But I could see the logistics of getting them in the box difficult and would probably put the price range to a point that it would be beyond what people would pay. I think it'd be much easier for TLG and Micro World to come to some kind of arrangement like a redeemable coupon.

Though if I'm totally wrong and the whole miniature-in-th-box thing could happen, then that would be cool.
"Paranoia is just another word for ignorance." - Hunter S. Thompson

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I love 6mm miniature wargaming.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

mostrojoe
Red Cap

Post by mostrojoe »

Sir Ironside wrote:I think it'd be much easier for TLG and Micro World to come to some kind of arrangement like a redeemable coupon.
Absolutely!! I wanted to point out this solution infact. My idea is not to resell new Fields of Battle boxes with miniatures in, but to advertise the game system on miniature makers websites to give customers the oppotunity to know this wonderful system, to buy it at a discounted price when buying fantasy 6mm miniatures.

This can be done even with the famous 6mm manifacturer Baccus!

https://www.baccus6mm.com/index.php?con ... il=fantasy

koralas
Ulthal

Post by koralas »

One thing I would love to see in a Fields of Battle supplement or appendix in a revamp would be a point buy system so it can be played as a separate miniatures war game. As a supplement for those that have their own lands and need to wage war or are fighting a battle on behalf of someone else, it is great; your army is based on what you (or they) can afford as a ruler and can raise from the peasants in time of need. That said...

I would love to introduce the system as a complete war game to friends since most of us do not like the direction GW took with WFB in it's latest incarnation. To do that we need some sort of point buy system for the assembly of armies to do battle.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

It would be nice if TLG could work something out to get us a solid miniatures line that could be used for both C&C and FoB. With the pre-painted mini's becoming more popular that could be a direction they could go. If nothing else why not contract Fat Dragon to do a series of paper minis for TLG?
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

koralas
Ulthal

Post by koralas »

Julian Grimm wrote:It would be nice if TLG could work something out to get us a solid miniatures line that could be used for both C&C and FoB. With the pre-painted mini's becoming more popular that could be a direction they could go. If nothing else why not contract Fat Dragon to do a series of paper minis for TLG?
I'd love to see FDG do some more minis for C&C (and SS, and AA), the components in FoB were excellent. I have a ton of their sets, I started at GenCon quite a few years back, picked up a few CD's and fell in love with paper modeling. Mostly for terrain, but I am starting to use more minis as well. I just have so many metal/plastics already... though especially for a new genre (for me) of gaming when AA comes out I would drool over getting paper minis and terrain for it.

Anyhow, when I am at home I'll see if I can dig out some of the links I have, but one that I frequent often is One Monk Miniatures. I have downloaded, over time pretty, much everything they have, the Hoards section is all free, though I see the Fantasy/SciFi Adventure and Fantasy/SciFi Armies sections are now available for a cost, though still at a low price point considering you can print as many as you wish and they only cost the paper, ink/toner, and time. Remember to visit the separate Downloads section for even more minis, the bases section for a very wide selection of bases, and the trays section for moving those big blocks around!