Crusader 4

The Journal of Intrepid Adventurers.
jman5000

Post by jman5000 »

you and me both Rhu! Haven't received mine yet (subscriber here...)

Cheers,

J.

Jyrdan Fairblade
Unkbartig

Post by Jyrdan Fairblade »

My copy is now waiting for me at the FLGS. I should be able to pick it up tomorrow evening. Can't wait.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Rhu/JMan,

I think this is my fault. I did a bunch of orders before Gencon (Davis is down in Dallas, or was until yesterday) and though they were packaged they were not shipped. Davis just took them to the post office now. They will ship NON media so you should get them shortly. But PLEASE IM me with your actual names and I'll double check.

Thanks for the continued patience.

Steve

He who sits on the elephants back

Castle and Crusade Society
[email protected]

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Troll Lord wrote:
Rhu/JMan,

I think this is my fault. I did a bunch of orders before Gencon (Davis is down in Dallas, or was until yesterday) and though they were packaged they were not shipped. Davis just took them to the post office now. They will ship NON media so you should get them shortly. But PLEASE IM me with your actual names and I'll double check.

Steve

Thanks Steve, no problemo!
I'll send the info now. 8)

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

jman5000

Post by jman5000 »

thanks, message has been sent.

Cheers,

J.

Catweazle

Post by Catweazle »

JOY!

My little package of delights awaited me on the mat when I got home from work. Have currently read about half of the thing.

First impressions:

Like the death-god article, nice to see some of the less usual folks getting a look in. Mike's multiclass-class artcle definitely got my interest and nurtured my inner Zen gamer.

I won't comment on the paper much as we have already been promised we'll never see the stuff again, except that it reminded me irresistably of the rather cheap toilet-paper provided in my primary school.

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

On a nifty note. I noticed that This issue is currently listed on Noble Knights "Most Popular" sidebar.

Looks like the crusade is definately catching.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Troll Lord wrote:
Davis just took them to the post office now. They will ship NON media so you should get them shortly.

Steve

Thanks guys, got the issue today. Cover is awesome and I will read this weekend!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Should I be disturbed that I am enjoying Todd's angry gamer articles?
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Combat_Kyle
Ulthal

Post by Combat_Kyle »

Treebore wrote:
Should I be disturbed that I am enjoying Todd's angry gamer articles?

No, because I love them as well, and the voices tell me its ok to like them.

-Grikis Valmorgen, Paladin

The beginnings of my homebrew campaign world and info for my play by chat game:
http://kbdekker.googlepages.com/home

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

I agree. They are pretty damn good. My favorite part was the walkie-talkie:

I hate YOU! OUT!

jman5000

Post by jman5000 »

snif, snif, I guess I'm the last one waiting by his mailbox for the crusader package to get delivered...

Cheers,

J.

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

I haven't had much of a chance to read over all of it yet but really enjoyed the ANgry Gamer column.

First thing I did was flip to the section on the Mist Elves as that is what I was really wanting this issue for. Good stuff.

I'll get around to the various multi-class articles soon. Just not in a big rush as multi-classing is rare in my campaigns and these aren't all that necessary or desired rules for me.

I will say that after purchasing the past few issues of the Crusader, I'm likely going to pick up a subscription here soon. I likes 'em.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Still catching up on my reading, but I just enjoyed the Aihrdian Chronicles article about Meltowg and the Mist Elves!

jman5000

Post by jman5000 »

[quote="Troll Lord"]Rhu/JMan,

Steve[/quote]

Calling Steve! Calling Steve....

2 emails have been sent - one on the 15th, one yesterday, and I haven't heard from you yet. Still haven't received my copy...

Calling Steve! Calling Steve!!!!!

Cheers,

J.

Jynx
Red Cap

Post by Jynx »

SAME HERE!!!!

Still missing mine

Jynx
Red Cap

Post by Jynx »

Are there still other fellow Canadians who still have not received their copy of crusafer #4?

I've left messages, and emails and have yet to hear from anyone if in fact my copy was sent out.

This is very dissapointing.

jman5000

Post by jman5000 »

Canuk here - 2 emails to steve - no reply, post on this thread - no reply - missing my issue #4 as well.

haven't heard anything.... anything at all...

Cheers,

J.

jman5000

Post by jman5000 »

quick update - had a pm waiting for me on the boards - didn't check that - so yes, Steve has replied to me to start the ball rolling.

cheers,

J.

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Well, I hope that my fellow Canadians won't have to wait as long as I did for my order from TLG... It took almost 4 weeks before I got my box of goodies!

Moriarty the Red

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I just got my issue today and what I've read so far, it's great. I can't wait to read the rest of it.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

jman5000

Post by jman5000 »

[sob...]

even after Steve was gracious enough to mail me another copy back on the 11th.... still nothing....

either USPS, Canada Post or customs REALLY SUX...

why is it impossible to get a friggen product across the largest undefended border in the world. Immigrants, cocaine, handguns, and stinger missles - no friggen problem. A role playing magazine....... nope, can't do it...

as I said in a different forum - steve, you want a Canadian volunteer to mail in canada for direct to TLG orders? anything to fix this dumb delivery issue....

[sob]

Cheers,

J.

Jynx
Red Cap

Post by Jynx »

Just got back from my 2 weeks vacation and still no magaine. My Dragon Mag got here, 2 weeks late, but it got here.

{sigh}

jman5000

Post by jman5000 »

I feel your pain Jynx. Seems like us Canuks are destined to have constant issues with direct orders...

Cheers,

J.

Grom

Post by Grom »

Joining the list of those who've subscribed, sent e-mails, and heard and received nothing...is there anyone at TLG who can help?

Jynx
Red Cap

Post by Jynx »

I subscrie to Dungeon as well and usually the mag gets here in 7 days tops. The 2nd to last issue only got here 3 days before the last one (last Monday), so perhaps there is a problem with Canadian deliveries.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Jynx wrote:
I subscrie to Dungeon as well and usually the mag gets here in 7 days tops. The 2nd to last issue only got here 3 days before the last one (last Monday), so perhaps there is a problem with Canadian deliveries.

I subscribe to Dungeon, live in the states and MY copy always arrives 2 weeks after the release date! For THIS I say our esteemed northern neighbors have the advantage from Paizo.
.......................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

jman5000

Post by jman5000 »

perhaps. but at least you get your copies (eventually). Steve has now tried sending Crusader #4 to me twice, and it hasn't yet arrived. I'm guessing customs is stopping it (perhaps it needs to be labelled as a gift or something like that to slip through NAFTA...???...???) but it's been over a month since Steve has reshipped and I've lost hope that this one will arrive..

boo hoo.

it's funny. though it took about 3-4 weeks, the other 3 issues never had any problems

Cheers,

J.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

This stinks as an option, but if you really want the issue maybe you can order from an online dealer like www.nobleknight.com games which has a very good overseas track record for shipping goods.

.........................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Fiffergrund
Lore Drake

Post by Fiffergrund »

jman5000 wrote:
perhaps. but at least you get your copies (eventually). Steve has now tried sending Crusader #4 to me twice, and it hasn't yet arrived. I'm guessing customs is stopping it (perhaps it needs to be labelled as a gift or something like that to slip through NAFTA...???...???) but it's been over a month since Steve has reshipped and I've lost hope that this one will arrive..

This definitely sucks. To my knowledge, even if it got stopped in customs, you should have the chance to go down and pay the duty on it to have it released to you. They wouldn't just trash it, would they?

Maybe Crusader is so good that it's just getting ripped off by Canada Post. (kidding).

My wife is Canadian, there might be something regarding magazine shipments from the States that I don't know about. The other issues came in an envelope, while Crusader #4 was shipped as-is, with a mailing label. Maybe that's the difference.

He Who Hides Behind The Elephant's Back
Marshal Fiffergrund, Knight-Errant of the Castle and Crusade Society