Next Issue?

The Journal of Intrepid Adventurers.
lordoftherealm

Post by lordoftherealm »

is there an example of any of the articles in the crusader? I'd like a heads up before I order

sieg

Post by sieg »

Not the whole issue, but back copies of the "Auld Wyrmish" article can be found here:
http://www.cncplayer.net/

....under the name "Mike Stewart". Not all the mag by any means, but one of the regular sections.

adaen
Red Cap

Post by adaen »

Well, I finally got mine (I somehow fell thru the cracks....the Trolls quickly sent it to me once I got ahold of one of them on PM). It definitely is nice to have a print mag again (I gave up on Dragon a little while before it went to its current all-electronic format)

It is definitely still maturing, but I see a lot of promise there. I will likely be submitting articles at some point.

As to the content of this particular issue, there was a lot that made me very sad....particularly Gary's column. I haven't really had much to say about his passing. I suppose I've been slowly and quietly digesting and coming to terms with his death....I may have to write a little piece this evening.

Matthew
Unkbartig

Post by Matthew »

Looks like I may have to contact the Trolls again, then, as I have yet to receive #8.
It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after ones own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350)

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

sieg wrote:
Not the whole issue, but back copies of the "Auld Wyrmish" article can be found here:
http://www.cncplayer.net/

....under the name "Mike Stewart". Not all the mag by any means, but one of the regular sections.

Hey that's excellent, sieg.

Reason being, the Trolls have a few "previews" of the first 3 Crusaders, but it's just the cover and table of contents. And while helpful, one of your articles would be a much better preview, as it were for a perspective customer!

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Matthew wrote:
Looks like I may have to contact the Trolls again, then, as I have yet to receive #8.

Ditto.

I'll give it a couple more days and if nothing shows up, I'll either email or PM Steve...

M

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

You know, I don't understand why orders would fall through the cracks. I guess they do orders by hand and not directly input them into the computers. Set up an address data base, put there order in the text box, print the label. Use label to fill order, highlight as you put items in box, seal box, affix mailing label, annotate on computer order boxed, then order is shipped.

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

It still looks like it's a problem of international distribution, and unless I'm mistaken it's because those subscriptions and deliveries are going through some sort of middle-man (Leisure games? according to the Crusader page). Maybe it's time to review that arrangement?

Ilshara: Lands of Exile:
http://johnwright281.tripod.com/

High Squire of the C&C Society
www.cncsociety.org
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Treebore wrote:
You know, I don't understand why orders would fall through the cracks. I guess they do orders by hand and not directly input them into the computers. Set up an address data base, put there order in the text box, print the label. Use label to fill order, highlight as you put items in box, seal box, affix mailing label, annotate on computer order boxed, then order is shipped.

Having ordered a few times for the Trolls, I've always gotten the stuff shipped to me. Mind you, I've also had a mixup (which was quickly fixed), a couple of omissions, which were always sent to me once I called their attention to it, and have even received a couple of misprints which were destined to the dumpster.

However, they have also always treated me well and have gone above and beyond what I consider to be great customer service. With the omissions, some of these may have been because some of the stuff was still being printed and they sent me what they had on hand at the time. In other words, they didn't hold back the order on a single item which might have become only available the following week. In terms of the misprints, they sent me new copies (free of charge) and as a collector, I'm quite happy to own the misprints. More than once, they've also thrown something in 'extra' for my troubles.

In terms of the subscription, I'm thinking I wasn't added to the regular list since I didn't pay for the subscription. I qualified for it last year (late summer or early fall) during one of their big blowout sales. I think if you spent a minimum of $50 (or something to that effect), you qualified for a free subscription. If I 'fell' through the cracks, it might have been because of this.

I'll wait another day or two... if it doesn't show up, I'll happily email Steve about it and if it was truly a case of 'oops', I won't be upset by it in the least and probably order a copy of the Dro Mandras at the same time.

M

James M. Ward

Post by James M. Ward »

8-8-08

James M. Ward, Crusader Managing Editor Here:

As a point of fact since #8 we have been putting out a magazine a month. They just mailed #11 making Crusader officially a monthly magazine. We have all of #12 in the can and we are typesetting it even as we speak.

James

adaen
Red Cap

Post by adaen »

Nice!

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

That is great news. The Crusader deserves to be a monthly gaming mag.

-O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

I'm going to go ahead and subscribe now. James and the Trolls rock!
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

cuchulainkevin
Ulthal

Post by cuchulainkevin »

With the added timeliness that Crusader has had, I'm definetly re-subscribing when my current subscription runs out.

Kudos to James and Liz for getting things on track like they have!
A Room Zoom Zoom. A Room Zoom Zoom. Gilly Gilly Gilly Gilly Ot Zat Za Come open the magic door with me, With your imagination there's so much we can see. There is a doorway that leads to a place. I'll find my way by the smile on your face.
Ah room zoom zoom, ah room zoom zoom. gilly gilly gilly gilly, gilly ah sa sa. Come through the magic door with me and see the things you never dreamed you'll see.

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

I just sent my reup to the Trolls a little while ago.

Ilshara: Lands of Exile:
http://johnwright281.tripod.com/

High Squire of the C&C Society
www.cncsociety.org
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Thanks, Jim. Always glad to hear from you, especially when its wonderful news like Crusader has gone monthly! :)

Indigo Rose
Red Cap

Post by Indigo Rose »

cuchulainkevin wrote:
Kudos to James and Liz for getting things on track like they have!

Thank you! We're going to make Crusader so good that no one will dare to not subscribe!

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Indigo Rose wrote:
Thank you! We're going to make Crusader so good that no one will dare to not subscribe!

Create a PDF subscription service option for the magazine which will make a subscription more viable for those living outside of the US !

M

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I would think that Crusader should mention the C&C Society, the Society Forums, the Society Contest, and Domesday Book... we need Troll support and this is a very easy, simple, way to show they want us to continue.

Fiffergrund
Lore Drake

Post by Fiffergrund »

serleran wrote:
I would think that Crusader should mention the C&C Society, the Society Forums, the Society Contest, and Domesday Book... we need Troll support and this is a very easy, simple, way to show they want us to continue.

All it would take is a sidebar or a 1/4 page of space. I'd be willing to bet Steve would approve it if you wrote it up and hounded him incessantly.

He Who Hides Behind The Elephant's Back
Marshal Fiffergrund, Knight-Errant of the Castle and Crusade Society

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

Hmmmm. With the Crusader rocking along like this now, I guess it is time I get a subscription.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Speaking of getting a new sub, which I need to do, I wonder how much the subscription cost is now considering the increased numbers of issues?

-O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

James M. Ward

Post by James M. Ward »

James M. Ward, managing editor here, the subscription rates and the ad rates for the magazine are listed on the web site and can be seen often in the pages of the magazine. 11 is out there now and we have almost all of 12 in the can. I was happy to hear that the readership wants to read game reviews. I like doing those, myself. Any feedback about the magazine is greatly appreciated.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Are there official submission guidelines?

Indigo Rose
Red Cap

Post by Indigo Rose »

serleran wrote:
Are there official submission guidelines?

You should see some printed inside of Crusader 12--Jim has an article talking about the magazine and ends it with some guidelines for those interested in submitting to it. Fear not!

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I fear nothing, except myself and lack of the ability to think. ;)

Anyway, I look forward to seeing submission guidelines. There are some things I would like to see published if possible. And, if not, at least I can say I gave it the good ol' serleran try.