Dear Angry Gamer

The Journal of Intrepid Adventurers.
DangerDwarf
Maukling

Dear Angry Gamer

Post by DangerDwarf »

I was already at work at five this morning. Not pounding weights, but cracking skulls before you began to rouse your sleepy little head from your fluffy little pillow, all cuddled in your downy comforter. In fact, I dream of the day I'll have some coozie little job that can wait until 7am before I have to be there. Hell, I'd kill to have that nifty little break between jobs that you have. When you are reporting to your 2nd job, I'm still pounding the pavement without having had enough free time to even think about sitting down long enough to scarf down a sandwich. I got home around 7:30PM.

Anyway, what's this about Dorritos and a Dr. Pepper? Thats kid stuff there Angry Troll Dude. When I got home I just wanted some bourbon and a nice smooth-burning Marlboro Red. As I sit down to write this I'm enjoying that glass of bourbon right now, didn't have to worry about anyone else drinking my stuff. Jack my whiskey and there's consequences; that's how I roll. In fact, I found a new carton of Marlboros sitting on my desk when I came through the door. That's because I'm the king baby. Nobody takes my shit, they bring me offerings.

And what is this about you not drinking coffee? Do you have even have a pair? I leave extra grounds in my coffee in the morning, a little chunky coffee is what we men call breakfast.

You're getting soft on us Gamer. I don't open my Crusader to your article first in order to read this sort of sissy talk. Butch up.

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

Oh yeah.

Got my crusader #14 today.

Kick ass.

James M. Ward

Post by James M. Ward »

Vastly Amusing Dwarf!

Unfortunately for my good friend the Troll Lord, he has sold his literary soul to his Managing Editor.

The great deity Managing Editor demands that the Crusader magazine begins selling to as many consumers as possible. For that to happen an even greater goddess takes a hand.

Imagine if you will someone even more powerful than the Managing Editor. Yes, that's right I'm talking about the "Angry Mother." Maybe you have heard about her. In the ancient and golden days of TSR when the company was great and owned all it surveyed (figuratively speaking). The "Angry Mother" deity ruled there. Her rule was cold and powerful and TSR writers all bowed down and didn't do anything that would make the "Angry Mother" mad. Imagine what would happen when a 12 year old consumer is reading his favorite magazine and the "Angry Mother" goddess read over her child's shoulder that gamers should all smoke and drink strong drink. The goddess and her shouting could be heard not only where you are, but where we are.

Some of you brave dwarves might not think this rule worthy but it's difficult to argue with $40,000,000 a year.

It's very possible that Troll Lord will kick the Managing Editor and his goddess out on his and her ear, but for right now he's willing to try this path. Let's wait and see how it works.

The Managing Editor

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

Hahah!

Yep, even dwarves respect the might of the Angry Mother. Don't even get me started on Angry Dwarven Mothers. Ouch.

Another bang up issue James. Even with Angry Gamer "going soft" on us I have to say the column rocks. There's a reason I read it first.

Gonna kick back and finish reading the Crusaderly goodness that is issue #14 today. Looks to be some very good bits in this one.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

The Three Laws to a Good and Happy Life;

1) Always do what's right.

2) Don't be afraid to follow your dreams.

3) Never...EVER...mess with the Mommy!

Baron Grignak Hammerhand of the Pacifica Provinces-

High Warden of the Castles & Crusades Society
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

I have a weapon thats more devastating than the generic angry mom. That would be my mom, who doesn't put up with a lot of busy body conservative nonsense.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Dear Angry Gamer

Post by Julian Grimm »

DangerDwarf wrote:
And what is this about you not drinking coffee? Do you have even have a pair? I leave extra grounds in my coffee in the morning, a little chunky coffee is what we men call breakfast.

Coffee? I drink a nice tall glass of diesel first thing in the morning. That's after I eat my breakfast of broken glass and nails and top it all off with hand rolled filterless cigs. That's what we men call breakfast.

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

cinderblock
Ulthal

Post by cinderblock »

I like eggs.

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

For those who like to 'yolk' their strength in the mornings...

yuk yuk yuk

I'm here all week. Try the veal!

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

cinderblock
Ulthal

Post by cinderblock »

I'm just trying to "egg" you on Gideon.

cleaverthepit
Ulthal

Post by cleaverthepit »

i think the angry gamer would like to see you at his 'party' for steve LOL

i'll ask him to come over and read this thread.

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

All I wanted was a Pepsi! Just one Pepsi!

cleaverthepit
Ulthal

Post by cleaverthepit »

Here was his responce

"Davis

Why do you ask me to visit the boards? You know I get up before I go to bed, work 27 hours a day, lift more than I can carry and eat my own appendages for lunch. Leave me to my stewing.

sincerely and angrily yours

the angry gamer"

that boy

jeff
Ungern

Post by jeff »

If mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

In the words of Adam Sandler... "do it for momma."