Multiclassing on the Rise or Not?

The Journal of Intrepid Adventurers.
Jyrdan Fairblade
Unkbartig

Multiclassing on the Rise or Not?

Post by Jyrdan Fairblade »

After reading the plethora of multiclassing options in The Crusader #4, has anyone seen the number of multi-classed PCs increase in their campaign? If so, what combinations have you seen?

I can't say anyone has expressed interest in it in my gaming group, yet, but time will tell.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I think I've run about 12 or so characters in my C&C games so far. As of now, I've only had one multiclassed character, a Fighter/Wizard.

Up until recently I was trying to put off any ideas for multiclassed characters until Cru#4 came out. Now that we have a good set of rules, my players are free to multi-class as they see fit.

.............................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Maliki
Lore Drake

Post by Maliki »

Nobody in my group has expressed a desire yet, in a multi-class character.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

My youngest keeps wanting to multi-class. My daughters character has been a multi-class Druid/Runemark for 5 levels now.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Inkpot

Post by Inkpot »

I have to say that I'm almost fanatical about there being no multi/dual classing in my campaign. Multi/dual classing leads to fear, fear leads to hate, and hate.....leads to suffering.

Yes....I sense much fear from multi/dual classing....

Ink

C&C: Blissfully devoid of gestalt neko-hin rogue/fighter/mages!!

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Not at the table I game at.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

I'm still reading and digesting the various rules and variations from CZ and the Crusader. I will allow it and have at least 1 player who's very interested. But since our party is set and rolling along, unless there's a TPK, we probably won't have one for a while.

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Arioch

Post by Arioch »

no more then before

Ken

Alas poor Elric I was a thousand times more evil than you

Slice N Dice: Game and Pizza Parlour

WWBYD What would Brigham Young do ?
http://www.geocities.com/J_Elric_Smith/Index.html

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Then again, for me, we wouldn't have to have multiclassing as I can construct a XP progression for whatever you'd want to play, even if it were a monster, using either class deconstruction or classless characters. Seem to prefer the archetypes, though, because they are simpler.

BASH MAN

Post by BASH MAN »

serleran wrote:
Then again, for me, we wouldn't have to have multiclassing as I can construct a XP progression for whatever you'd want to play, even if it were a monster, using either class deconstruction or classless characters. Seem to prefer the archetypes, though, because they are simpler.

Could you post a new thread on your classless character system?

Check us out for free demos and downloads or visit us onFacebook.

Ghul

Post by Ghul »

I've had two in the last year. One was a half-elf druid/ranger of Obad-hai, and the other was a high elf cleric/thief of Erevan Ilesere. Did you notice my use of the word *was*? That's because, sadly, they are both dead.
Smile DM's, smile! You too can bring about the untimely deaths of your players' favorite characters!
--Ghul

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Quote:
Could you post a new thread on your classless character system?

Sure can. Its in the rules forums.