Post by Frost »

My issue just arrived.

Baron of the Pitt
Castles & Crusades Society
The Dungeoneering Dad

ssfsx17
Unkbartig

Post by ssfsx17 »

Just got a box full of goodies in the mail from the Trolls! I haven't felt this sensation since the last time I hugged a girl!
C&C/D&D-related writings, Cortex Classic material, and other scraps: https://sites.google.com/site/x17rpgstuff/home

Class-less D&D: https://github.com/ssfsx17/skill20

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Crusader #20, tagged.

~O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Have mine. Much of the article on The Castles and Crusades Society needs an addendum considering the numerous and important changes since the article was originally submitted.

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

serleran wrote:
Have mine. Much of the article on The Castles and Crusades Society needs an addendum considering the numerous and important changes since the article was originally submitted.

Yeppers... I have addressed this in a followup article I sent on to Jim just after GenCon for, hopefully, 21.

Ilshara: Lands of Exile:
http://johnwright281.tripod.com/

High Squire of the C&C Society
www.cncsociety.org
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

Christina Stiles
Ulthal

Post by Christina Stiles »

Sir Osis of Liver wrote:
If it's any consolation, your article was great. Keep 'em coming.

Thank you! I've sent in another location piece that I hope makes it to Issue 22. We'll see.

The Misfit Troll Word Wrangler
www.christinastiles.com
www.misfit-studios.com
www.trolllord.com

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I've read about half way through my issue and I have to say, this magizine gets better and better with each issue.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Christina Stiles
Ulthal

I've just started reading my issue, but I wanted to say that I like that the Trolls are keeping us informed of their plans and goals. Very cool.

www.christinastiles.com
www.misfit-studios.com
www.trolllord.com

Sundog
Red Cap

Post by Sundog »

After checking the Esdevium site, with any luck I can go and pick mine up next week.

Undignified gushing at T-7 days and counting...
"History teaches us that men behave wisely after they've exhausted all other alternatives."

CharlieRock

Post by CharlieRock »

I read Chritina Stiles article at work yesterday. I liked it pretty much. Just one problem. If I had the time to run "starter" games at the FLGS ...

My free time has been on the endangered species list for months now.

Know your roll!

Christina Stiles
Ulthal

CharlieRock wrote:
I read Chritina Stiles article at work yesterday. I liked it pretty much. Just one problem. If I had the time to run "starter" games at the FLGS ...

My free time has been on the endangered species list for months now.

What do ya mean, "pretty much"? LOL!

Sorry, Charlie, but I can't give you more time, only inspiration. I don't have a lot of that time stuff myself.

www.christinastiles.com
www.misfit-studios.com
www.trolllord.com

CharlieRock

Post by CharlieRock »

Christina Stiles wrote:
I don't have a lot of that time stuff myself.

Hey, maybe we could request this as the next TLG box set?

Know your roll!

Christina Stiles
Ulthal

CharlieRock wrote:
Hey, maybe we could request this as the next TLG box set?

But it might come back as Tainted Time. I'm not sure I want THAT.

www.christinastiles.com
www.misfit-studios.com
www.trolllord.com

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Dang it... still waiting for number 20 here up in the Great White North.

M

Partner to Brave Halfling Publishing
http://www.arcanacreations.com

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

I have yet gotten my issue #20. Was I forgotten? I know the Canada customs can hold things up, but this has been a very long time for it not to show up. Should I pm or e-mail TLG with my concerns? I just re-upped my subscription (I had plenty left on the original) so I hope this isn't a ongoing concern.

Any other Canucks having this problem? Or, have you gotten ours already?

James M. Ward

Post by James M. Ward »

I just got my #20 and I'm the managine editor and live in Wisconsin. That blasted CKG will be wonderful when it comes out but it's doing terrible things to my CRUSADER schedule. Thank you for resubbing and when ever you think something is wrong always email us. We are friendly people interested in your "good" opinion of us.

James M. Ward

Managing Editor

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Sir Ironside wrote:
I have yet gotten my issue #20. Was I forgotten? I know the Canada customs can hold things up, but this has been a very long time for it not to show up. Should I pm or e-mail TLG with my concerns? I just re-upped my subscription (I had plenty left on the original) so I hope this isn't a ongoing concern.

Any other Canucks having this problem? Or, have you gotten ours already?

I haven't received mine either but customs wouldn't hold something like this. It's possible that the batch of Crusaders that were mailed to destinations outside the US might have been done after the domestic ones were done. I only mention it because I recall this having happened before.

I've also got an order in from TLG which I'm waiting on which I placed two weeks ago. In theory, I should get my issue before my order comes in but time is running out!
M

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

moriarty777 wrote:
I haven't received mine either but customs wouldn't hold something like this. It's possible that the batch of Crusaders that were mailed to destinations outside the US might have been done after the domestic ones were done. I only mention it because I recall this having happened before.

I've also got an order in from TLG which I'm waiting on which I placed two weeks ago. In theory, I should get my issue before my order comes in but time is running out!
M

OK I won't panic yet.

I too have a ($10 sale) package being whisked away to me as we speak. I know this has only got out recently because my Paypal moola was just cleared and deposited in the TLG account.

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

Good luck to my Canadian friends - hope you get your C&C goodies soon!
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Another fantastic issue!!

Well done youse guys.

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Sir Ironside
Lore Drake

Post by Sir Ironside »

Finally got mine, but it went to the wrong address. I changed my address about a month ago and I e-mailed The Crusader with my change of address. I got a confirmation e-mail back but obviously the address was not changed.

I'll try e-mailing one more time and hope this one takes.

moriarty777
Renegade Mage

Post by moriarty777 »

Sir Ironside wrote:
Finally got mine, but it went to the wrong address. I changed my address about a month ago and I e-mailed The Crusader with my change of address. I got a confirmation e-mail back but obviously the address was not changed.

I'll try e-mailing one more time and hope this one takes.

Hehe... I just got mine too! However, it was the right address and it was postmarked Sept.10th. It just took a couple of weeks to get to me.
M

Sundog
Red Cap

Post by Sundog »

OK, so it wasn't seven days, after all. I think it came out as advertised, but my shop and his supplier dropped the ball between them communication-wise. Not to worry; I finally picked up my mag last Saturday, and since I've got this week off work I've taken my sweet time reading it.

Again, a jolly good read, which is what I've come to expect from the Crusader, and this issue didn't disappoint.

Jim's notes continue to be useful advice and info for the budding game writer, which I'm sure greater minds than mine will find advantageous for their efforts. Letting people know what the pitfalls are is, I think, particularly useful.

Alea Iacta Est was very thoughtful this month, and again it's nice to have a look-see into the decision-making process in the Troll Cave. Steve is entertainingly (and admirably, it has to be said) self-honest, showing us his doubts, second-thoughts and mistakes, as well as the triumphs.

The Dragon Grumbles column is one that I've come to enjoy and look forward to, and again Tim gives us some tasty morsels of food for thought. Some neat tricks for NPC use are definitely worth perusing.

Keith continues his danse macabre by taking us from the battlefield to the lichfield, and this month we have a veritable necropolis to prance in. Can't get the image of putrefying toes being "milked" out of my head. GAAAH! Reckon I might hang onto the knife-wound, after all.

Whilst I'm not a member of the Cnc Society, the overview article was still quite interesting. The water looks fairly inviting, actually...

Ron's article about auxiliary CKs was another well thought-out piece. I'm not a fan of the process, but then I'm a recovering control-freak in need of further recovery, so that says nothing. Good article, nonetheless.

The Convention Blog is another of those nice little reads I often come back to after reading the whole thing, and I find them very enjoyable. Getting to so very few cons myself, it's actually quite nice to view them vicariously, especially from the industry side of the equation.

The Angry Gamer seems to be getting ever-angrier and ever less coherent. As far as I could tell, amorality is the new morality, or the old one, or something like that. I couldn't quite parse the point. Which, thinking about it, may actually be the point. Maybe it's a perspective thing, but I get very little out of this column. Still, the page count's gone up, so I don't begrudge the space.

Aaaaah, the map! I've taken to opening the mag up right here in the middle lately. I'm an unrepentant map-junkie, and I do love to see what other people have come up with. This month's offering is an absolute belter, and I can think of so many uses for it.

Next we have something very different from a teddy-bear's picnic. Spiders, maggots and wasps, oh my! Lovely stuff. The mental imagery invoked by the spiders raining down on the characters just made me think- Evil Tribbles!

Hammer & Anvil, a very useful column whatever it's up to, comes through again with some handy tips for running the creation of magic items, with a nice example, too. Nice one, Casey.

Roadhouse Rogues certainly gave me some ideas. This article is likely to get a severe plundering. Well done.

Our latest suckle from the teat of the CKG takes us to the Big City; this particular chapter is very inviting; I'd probably get the book on the strength of this alone. Write faster!

I will read the Chronicles one day- promise.

And finally, we have the Jardhel, an arctic horror that seems part griffon, part pelycosaur, all pain in the ass for rock-climbers everywhere.

And I am replete. Till next month, anyway!
"History teaches us that men behave wisely after they've exhausted all other alternatives."

James M. Ward

Post by James M. Ward »

Positive reviews of the magazine are always appreciated. I can assure you that the writes of the CRUSADER do it out of a sense of love for writing. Any pat on the back by readers is welcomed. You don't always have to say nice things, but when you complain aim it at the Managing Editor. The buck stops at my desk and I take CRUSADER magazine very seriously.

We are still trying hard to come out on time. We know we are late far too much. Let me assure you it won't effect those who expect to get 12 issues.

We keep trying to add new things without taking away those regular features that are loved.

Best,

James M. Ward

Managing Editor

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Sundog wrote:
And finally, we have the Jardhel, an arctic horror that seems part griffon, part pelycosaur, all pain in the ass for rock-climbers everywhere.

Haha, that made my morning. I shall find a way to present this monster to players one way or the other. And, these creatures really make me look forward to the upcoming Monsters & Treasures of Aihrde. Great stuff in these moonsters.

~O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Heruka

Post by Heruka »

Hey Sundog - thanks for the overview, sounds like a decent issue all round - not yet seen one myself.

I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed the toe-milk too - though credit for that image goes to my two-and-a-half year old nephew who loves sucking toes, presumably in the hope that one day he'll get lucky and the digit will lactate? All I did was steal it and dress it up in a fouler manner. I hope you enjoy the cemetery anyway, toe-milk or no; and thanks again for the review - by the way, have you thought of submitting anything to Crusader yourself, methinks perhaps you should? Up the Brit-splat angle?

k

Sundog
Red Cap

Post by Sundog »

Can't see it hurting. Just have to live up to the standard that's been set, which will be the tricky part.