View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
GaryCon IV 
Cleric of Zagyg

Post Re: GaryCon IV
Well, due to "daughter in college" I won't be attending this year. In fact I won't won't be attending anything for some time! :shock:

But it's all good. I'm thankful for the opportunity to have been to the LGGC a couple of times and the last 4 GCs.

You guys will have a blast! Enjoy and report back if you will!

:)

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:19 am
Unkbartig

In addition to running some C&C games, I will now be running a Walking Dead game based on AMC's awesome series, using the Savage Worlds system. I wasn't sure I was going this year, so these events are all in the open gaming area. PM me if you are interested in playing in any of the games. See ya there!

Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:43 pm
Greater Lore Drake

Other than general admission, are tickets required for games at GaryCon?

Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:03 pm
Ungern

Nope. But this year they added points to your account when you register, and those are used to sign up for games. Last year, even though sign-ups happened, there were always tables with their signs turned to "accepting players" so there was never a hurt for a game to play. This goes for 'official' and pickup games all over the place. And of course Steve's 20+ game was awesome, hopefully that happens again this year...hint hint Mr Lord of Trolls.

Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:23 pm
Lore Drake

By my count we're looking at the following from here being there - myself, Piper, Tylermo, Sir Osis, Morty, Mabon, GoOgleplex, studio3six, CKDad, Bloodymage - missing anyone? I scheduled my two C&C events early on Fri. and Sat. and they're full, I'm in bloodymage's game Sunday but my wife will have to cut out early so if anyone is staying around that late they can have her ticket. Sir O, Piper, and I have all talked about pick-up games, and looks like Tyler is going to run one in Steve's stead. There's another person running C&C too, Mark Martin, who's game I have a ticket too as well but if he is on the boards here I don't know his handle.

We'll definitely aim for some sort of get-together one night for drinkage and libations!

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:12 pm
Profile WWW
Greater Lore Drake

My games are probably better suited to newbies. Definitely nowhere near Stephen or Todd's calibre.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:51 pm
Greater Lore Drake

Yeah, the wife and I will be there from Wed evening until Monday morning. I'm more than game for sittin in on some pick-up action though I sound like crap right now. Lingering effects of the weekend before last's cold.

Definitely up for some get together too, but I won't go to a bar or what. (due to a promise I've kept for almost 40 yrs, not because I'm THAT unsociable. ;) )

"Our past shapes us, our choices define us, our desires propel us, and those we let into our hearts give us the strength to persevere even when our dreams lay shattered behind us." - me

Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:17 am
Lore Drake

Go0gleplex wrote:
Yeah, the wife and I will be there from Wed evening until Monday morning. I'm more than game for sittin in on some pick-up action though I sound like crap right now. Lingering effects of the weekend before last's cold.

Definitely up for some get together too, but I won't go to a bar or what. (due to a promise I've kept for almost 40 yrs, not because I'm THAT unsociable. ;) )

No worries - dinner or lunch will offer the chance! :)

Dreamer of Ilshara

Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:55 am
Profile WWW
Greater Lore Drake

Have games been pre-reg'd for online already? My group isn't arriving until Friday. My duties as booth babe will keep me from signing up(circus maximus, met alpha, and a few others were tempting)but the others will have some time.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:01 am
Lore Drake

tylermo wrote:
Have games been pre-reg'd for online already? My group isn't arriving until Friday. My duties as booth babe will keep me from signing up(circus maximus, met alpha, and a few others were tempting)but the others will have some time.

The "announced" C&C games are mostly filled - I have only one open seat out of 12 for the Fri. morning one, but there will be lots of open gaming and pick-up games. I am betting Eric and Sir Osis might run a good one, and outside of C&C there should be a ton of different games going on with open seating.

Dreamer of Ilshara

Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:52 pm
Profile WWW
Master of the Kobold Raiders

Have to look at my schedule but I likely have some windows for pick-up gaming. In fact, I was just thinking about a one-shot on the drive in today...

Still two seats for the Divine Right game I'm running on Friday at noon, BTW.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:22 pm
Ungern

I'm only signed up for 1 game. It's all about the open gaming, pick-up style. Wife also. Son is in 2, but he's usually in the board game area anyway. I need a DNA test on that boy some day.

Scott

Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:54 pm
Mist Elf

seskis281 wrote:
There's another person running C&C too, Mark Martin, who's game I have a ticket too as well but if he is on the boards here I don't know his handle.

Tis I.

seskis281 wrote:
We'll definitely aim for some sort of get-together one night for drinkage and libations!

My wife and I look forward to meeting more C&C'ers. We need to find more people to play with. Online, hopefully. That, and I've been working on my alcohol tolerance for a year in preparation for just that sort of adventure.

studio3six wrote:
I'm only signed up for 1 game. It's all about the open gaming, pick-up style. Wife also. Son is in 2, but he's usually in the board game area anyway. I need a DNA test on that boy some day.

Oh, I doubt that. I've played with you both and he's cut from the same rough cloth as his dad. As they say in Airdhe, "The spore doesn't fall far from the slime mold." Or so I've heard.

CKDad wrote:
Have to look at my schedule but I likely have some windows for pick-up gaming. In fact, I was just thinking about a one-shot on the drive in today...

Well, in my over-ambition, I scheduled games right smack in the middle of Friday and Saturday. I'm really hoping I am able to hop in on some of these open C&C games. So is my wife, trust me.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:07 am
Greater Lore Drake

A fairly full line of C&C products will be available at the booth. Stop by, and we'll try to fill any gaps in your collection. Hopefully, you're not like me. I own almost everything.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:28 pm
Ulthal

tylermo wrote:
A fairly full line of C&C products will be available at the booth. Stop by, and we'll try to fill any gaps in your collection. Hopefully, you're not like me. I own almost everything.

You poor soul. A friend, seeing my many bookshelves of games, rulebooks, and such, proclaimed that the fullness of my life must be in reverse ratio to the fullness of my bookshelves!

"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:30 pm
Lore Drake

Spending the morning running pre-gens for my Fri. & Sat. C&C games - though if anyone at my tables is a veteran of C&C, knows what they are doing and wants to roll up their own character they may do so as long they can do so quickly. Fri's Unending Darkness game will have all characters at 2nd level, and Sat.'s At the Sign of the Green Dragon will be at 5th.

@storycrafter - looking forward to your game :)

Dreamer of Ilshara

Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:41 pm
Profile WWW

I'm in both John's and Storycrafter's games, as well as one of the GaryCon Open sessions, a Chainmail game Thursday night, and one of the "AD&D - No Sleep Required" sessions at 8 AM Sunday morning. Plus running Divine Right on Friday. Whew! Going to be a busy weekend. Good thing I took Monday off to recover!

Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:46 pm

seskis281 wrote:
Spending the morning running pre-gens for my Fri. & Sat. C&C games - though if anyone at my tables is a veteran of C&C, knows what they are doing and wants to roll up their own character they may do so as long they can do so quickly. Fri's Unending Darkness game will have all characters at 2nd level, and Sat.'s At the Sign of the Green Dragon will be at 5th.

Oo! Oo! Can I bring a half-dragon/half-elf paladin/assassin/illusionist for the Sign of the Green Dragon? :twisted:

Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:50 pm
Lore Drake

CKDad wrote:
seskis281 wrote:

Oo! Oo! Can I bring a half-dragon/half-elf paladin/assassin/illusionist for the Sign of the Green Dragon? :twisted:

Uhm.... sure.... just be prepared for the roving patrol of:

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=Blackgua ... x=78&ty=72

Blackguard mindflayers on their beholder mounts..... :twisted:

Dreamer of Ilshara

Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:40 pm
Profile WWW
Greater Lore Drake

If there are some open gaming areas, I'll be running one on Friday night, and probably another on Saturday night. Perhaps others, but my first responsibility is the booth. I've got six 4th level pregens. The adventures will likely be some of TLG's pdf's(Cloud Giant's Tower by Jim Ward, They Call Him Guff-Kim, and Wizard's Tower by Stephen Chenault). Best I could do on short notice. Any are welcome, especially those new to C&C.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:47 am
Ulthal

tylermo wrote:
If there ate some open gaming areas

:o

Now I'm glad I can't make it! Hope someone survives the carnage!!

"Of all the dispositions and habits, which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports." - George Washington.

Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:04 am
Greater Lore Drake

Already corrected. Damned IPhone keyboard. Lol

Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:08 am
Ulthal

You mean there won't be carnage and cannibalism???

Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:11 am

Well, if someone activates the Cannibals barbarian tribe in the Divine Right game...

Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:34 am
Maukling

Hope the gaming is going well, guys! Wish I was there!

Troll Lord wrote:
Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:47 am
Unkbartig

Tylermo is doing a fantastic job working the Troll's Table here at Gary Con.

Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:15 pm
Profile WWW
Clang lives!

Have fun everyone and remember, Jaybird has the whiskey. ;) Really wish I was there with you guys.

R-

Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:53 pm
Mist Elf

just saying hello from GaryCon, where I played my first Castles & Crusades game this morning. I summarily marched into the dealer's room and purchased the Players Handbook, the Monsters & Treasures book, and the new CK Screen. Tomorrow - after I replenish the wallet a bit - I'll go ahead and grab the Castle Keeper's Book. May as well pick it up directly from the source and save myself shipping charges, eh? ;)

At any rate I plan to introduce this game to my original high school AD&D group back home in Georgia. We'd only recently gotten back together after a 25 year hiatus. Boy, that real life stuff can certainly put a damper on the fun things. hah hah.

After attending my first GaryCon here this year, I know I'll be back next year. And if I can stay focused on gaming, perhaps I'll write up a game to run next year using the C&C rule set. :mrgreen:

Thanks,

~Hoyt.

-Dragon Magazine, issue #194, pg. 3

Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:19 pm
Profile WWW
Battle Stag

Great news Hoyt! Welcome to the Crusade.

~O

Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:52 pm
Profile WWW
Lore Drake

Any pictures forthcoming?

Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next