Who's running games at GenCon?

Forums for Troll Con, Gen Con and other convention discussions.
dbush1809
Skobbit

Re: Who's running games at GenCon?

Post by dbush1809 »

Excellent! I'll be sure to sign up as soon as they are posted. Thanks again for the help.

dbush1809
Skobbit

Post by dbush1809 »

tylermo wrote:dbush, as a company, we're putting on 9 games at GenCon. Plus, as stated earlier, Clovis has 2 on the schedule. I'm hoping there'll be even more, but that gives you 11 to chose from at least.

I've had no luck contacting anyone from the C&C Society concerning more 'Con' friendly adventures. I'd be happy to jump in and help GM any games that TLG has setup to run and/or expand the amount of offerings of anything being run. Otherwise looks like I may be out in getting something suitable setup to register to run this year.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Dbush, I seem to recall a digital-only adventure that's relatively short. It's "They Call Him Guff". Should be available for a buck or two tops on rpgnow, as I recall.

dbush1809
Skobbit

Post by dbush1809 »

tylermo wrote:Dbush, I seem to recall a digital-only adventure that's relatively short. It's "They Call Him Guff". Should be available for a buck or two tops on rpgnow, as I recall.
Decided to wander through my stash of adventures and am looking hard at DCC #31 "The Transmuter's last Touch". It is a D20 system and pretty short when compared to most other adventures. I'd have to tweek it of course to make it fit C&C but it may the answer.

Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

Post by Snoring Rock »

Ok GenCon fans...we are coming up on the big event!

Who will be there Wednesday evening? Is anyone up for some off-grid action Wednesday night? I think most of us got get a drink once we get in town, and then fall into some black hole until Thursday at noon; but I say lets get this party started.

I will post off grid games, times and places on the Facebook meeting place. If you want to run a game and need players, contact me.

ArgoForg
Red Cap

Post by ArgoForg »

Sorry, guys. Looks like not only will I not be running this year, but there's a pretty good probability that I won't even be able to attend. Money is very badly tight this year. :(
- "I just happen to prefer games where the GM actually has final say on rules and is not just the wall to roll dice off to decide what happens."

Daniel
Red Cap

Post by Daniel »

ArgoForg wrote:Sorry, guys. Looks like not only will I not be running this year, but there's a pretty good probability that I won't even be able to attend. Money is very badly tight this year. :(
Don't feel bad, I anted to take my son this year for his first visit but when I looked at the cost for flights and rooms and food let alone the stuff you know I would buy in the dealer rooms, well the total was more than I could swing this year.

We all have to do what we have to do.

thenorthman
Hlobane Orc

Post by thenorthman »

Tyler Morrison did you know the games you put on have Generic tickets only at Gencon?

Means a person can't get tickets for it during registration. Unless you did it on purpose.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

It appears to have been a mistake on my part. I've sent two e-mails to rectify the matter. Their events manager has apparently had some sort of illness, causing him to only be in the office sporadically. I have e-mailed another individual for immediate assistance, but she may not handle gaming matters. Hopefully, this will be rectified soon. No official responses yet. My bad. :oops:

thenorthman
Hlobane Orc

Post by thenorthman »

Oh no worries.....if not fixed I'll show with generics and hopefully get in on one of them.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

The problem has been rectified. Clovis and Ben are signed up for one of the games. Another GC attendee put me on to this issue. He's hoping to sign up if possible. Two games, and I'll take as many as 8 players.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Can't seem to locate your games on signup Tyler. Hopefully, they will come back online soon. I'd like to get in at least one C&C game with fellow board members! Clovis... I'm looking at you again, brother. ;)
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Looks like I got signed up for that Thursday at 7pm Mythnoc Cairns game.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

You must be desperate if you've signed up for one of mine.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Not desperate. Simply expanding my horizons. At this point, I think it's time I played on one of your games. What's it been, 7-8 years now?

~O
VAE VICTUS!

Dungeoneer
Mist Elf

Post by Dungeoneer »

Bummer. I was only able to get into "The Looking Stone". I was surprised to only see 5 C&C games up. I'll most likely run one next year, but since this is my first Gen Con (and convention in general) I thought I'd take it all in.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

Dungeoneer wrote:Bummer. I was only able to get into "The Looking Stone". I was surprised to only see 5 C&C games up. I'll most likely run one next year, but since this is my first Gen Con (and convention in general) I thought I'd take it all in.
That is weird. I believe there were 29 C&C events on the event schedule at Gary Con this year.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Dungeoneer, has my Haunted Highlands: Mythnoc Cairns game already filled up? I thought there were some slots still available. I'll have to check. I don't remember how many games were on the schedule, but most are being gm'd by company employees, or related individuals. Jason Vey has two Amazing Adventure games on the schedule as well. We rely on other GM's as well, to help increase our presence. We tried to put as many on the schedule as possible, but we're also running the booth. :). There may be some pick up games as well. We'll try to do what we can.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

You'll find that some games are listed as Castles & Crusades, and others are Castles and Crusade. That may affect your search results.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

You'll find that some games are listed as Castles & Crusades, and others are Castles and Crusade. That may affect your search results.

Dungeoneer
Mist Elf

Post by Dungeoneer »

tylermo wrote:Dungeoneer, has my Haunted Highlands: Mythnoc Cairns game already filled up? I thought there were some slots still available. I'll have to check. I don't remember how many games were on the schedule, but most are being gm'd by company employees, or related individuals. Jason Vey has two Amazing Adventure games on the schedule as well. We rely on other GM's as well, to help increase our presence. We tried to put as many on the schedule as possible, but we're also running the booth. :). There may be some pick up games as well. We'll try to do what we can.
Yes, it's full, but it's no big deal, I was just slightly surprised. I'm certainly not griping, and hope it's not taken that way. I will certainly try to run a game or two next year to help out.

tylermo wrote:You'll find that some games are listed as Castles & Crusades, and others are Castles and Crusade. That may affect your search results.
Still catching the same results with all sorts of permutations. Just FYI.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Dungeoneer, I didn't take it that way. I'm glad you had interest in it. I guess my Looking Stone and Mythnoc Cairn games filled up very quickly after GenCon rectified my mistake. I imagine they would have filled up on the first day, if not for that. People are hungry for gaming, I guess. Especially, when they sign up for sessions with the "legendary" (riiiiiight) TLG demo and sales rep. :lol: That said if you'd like to run some games next year, we'd be glad to have your help.

Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

Post by Snoring Rock »

Dude I have two tickets to your Looking Stone game. I expect thrills, grand entertainment and refreshments.
:P

Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

Post by Snoring Rock »

Anyone who did not get tickets to any of the C&C grid games, do not despair! I have all day Saturday open for off-grid action. I am willing to play in your games or I will run a game. I can run what I ran on the grid or other material. Heck, I can run Tegel Manor again. Better yet, make a suggestion and I will make it happen.

Send me a PM and we will set something up!

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Nor sure I can live up to that, Clovis. BTW, we might have some folks interested in a Saturday night game. They have yet to try the system. I'll check my email, contact them, and see if you guys can hook up.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

For those of you looking to get into a C&C game on Saturday, if the esteemed SnoringRock runs a game, I can say from a few years of experience now that he runs a sick (awesome) game. Last year's GenCon off-grid game was an epic trek through the mountainous ravines and tunnels to find a world famous red dragon Analegorn... and slay it!

It was a fun game that I wished we could have played longer. SnoringRock's games rule!

BTW, there is a picture of the action over on the OFF-GRID C&C GAMES forum over on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

~O
VAE VICTUS!

Dungeoneer
Mist Elf

Post by Dungeoneer »

Edit: Looks like I'm way past the time where an on-grid event is possible. I'll be looking into setting up some off-grid stuff, if I can swing it.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Could any of you running off grid games submit them to me at [email protected]. I'll pass them along to the Trolls. We'll promote them for you.

rmckee78
Skobbit

Post by rmckee78 »

My two C&C games for Gencon have been approved:

1582535 Thursday at 3:00

1582536 Friday at 2:00

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Thank you, Rmckee. Contact me at [email protected], and I'll send your session details and adventure description along to Tim.