View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Strategicon in Los Angeles 
Red Cap

Post Strategicon in Los Angeles
Do they have any C&C games at any of the three Strategicon conventions in Los Angeles California?

If so, which ones?

Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:49 am
Mogrl

Post Re: Strategicon in Los Angeles
No idea. I've been wanting to go to any of them for several years now, but have yet to make it.

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:22 am
Red Cap

Treebore wrote:
No idea. I've been wanting to go to any of them for several years now, but have yet to make it.

I am going to take my son (11 years old) to the one in May and stay down there for a couple of nights. It will be his first Con. :D

It would be good to play C&C if it was available. :mrgreen:

Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:11 pm
Mogrl

Moved out of CA before C&C was a real deal, or I'd have considered it.

Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:57 pm
Greater Lore Drake

Daniel, welcome aboard. When you get comfortable with C&C, perhaps you could run some at this con. If you do run C&C at cons or game stores, e-mail me at sword@castlesandcrusades.com

Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:51 am
Red Cap

tylermo wrote:
Daniel, welcome aboard. When you get comfortable with C&C, perhaps you could run some at this con. If you do run C&C at cons or game stores, e-mail me at sword@castlesandcrusades.com

I will keep this in mind. :D

Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:24 am
Mogrl

Daniel wrote:
Treebore wrote:

I am going to take my son (11 years old) to the one in May and stay down there for a couple of nights. It will be his first Con. :D

It would be good to play C&C if it was available. :mrgreen:

Yeah, well I am going to Vegas in early May. June I do go to an OSR convention in Denton, Texas. Then in July I go to New Orleans, after that, I have nothing scheduled, but hope to make a Convention out in Ohio in October. If I would stop going to the conventions on the other side of the Country/Texas, I could probably afford to go to Los Angeles. :)

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:19 am
Red Cap

Treebore wrote:
If I would stop going to the conventions on the other side of the Country/Texas, I could probably afford to go to Los Angeles. :)

LOL. We first were thinking of going to GenCon this year, but I am less then excited to spend the money and find out he does not like it. So I figure a few nights in a LAX hotel is much less and allows me to get him a sample of what a convention might be like. Then if he likes it we will plan a GenCon trip for 2016. :D

Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:04 pm
Mogrl

Daniel wrote:
Treebore wrote:
If I would stop going to the conventions on the other side of the Country/Texas, I could probably afford to go to Los Angeles. :)

LOL. We first were thinking of going to GenCon this year, but I am less then excited to spend the money and find out he does not like it. So I figure a few nights in a LAX hotel is much less and allows me to get him a sample of what a convention might be like. Then if he likes it we will plan a GenCon trip for 2016. :D

Gen Con is definitely worth going to at least once. Personally I prefer the much smaller Cons. Even so, I've still gone to Gen Con twice. I am just in no hurry to go again.

Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]