Strategicon in Los Angeles

Forums for Troll Con, Gen Con and other convention discussions.
Daniel
Red Cap

Strategicon in Los Angeles

Post by Daniel »

Do they have any C&C games at any of the three Strategicon conventions in Los Angeles California?

If so, which ones?

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: Strategicon in Los Angeles

Post by Treebore »

No idea. I've been wanting to go to any of them for several years now, but have yet to make it.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Daniel
Red Cap

Post by Daniel »

Treebore wrote:No idea. I've been wanting to go to any of them for several years now, but have yet to make it.
I am going to take my son (11 years old) to the one in May and stay down there for a couple of nights. It will be his first Con. :D

It would be good to play C&C if it was available. :mrgreen:

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Moved out of CA before C&C was a real deal, or I'd have considered it.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Daniel, welcome aboard. When you get comfortable with C&C, perhaps you could run some at this con. If you do run C&C at cons or game stores, e-mail me at [email protected]

Daniel
Red Cap

Post by Daniel »

tylermo wrote:Daniel, welcome aboard. When you get comfortable with C&C, perhaps you could run some at this con. If you do run C&C at cons or game stores, e-mail me at [email protected]
I will keep this in mind. :D

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Daniel wrote:
Treebore wrote:No idea. I've been wanting to go to any of them for several years now, but have yet to make it.
I am going to take my son (11 years old) to the one in May and stay down there for a couple of nights. It will be his first Con. :D

It would be good to play C&C if it was available. :mrgreen:
Yeah, well I am going to Vegas in early May. June I do go to an OSR convention in Denton, Texas. Then in July I go to New Orleans, after that, I have nothing scheduled, but hope to make a Convention out in Ohio in October. If I would stop going to the conventions on the other side of the Country/Texas, I could probably afford to go to Los Angeles. :)
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Daniel
Red Cap

Post by Daniel »

Treebore wrote: If I would stop going to the conventions on the other side of the Country/Texas, I could probably afford to go to Los Angeles. :)
LOL. We first were thinking of going to GenCon this year, but I am less then excited to spend the money and find out he does not like it. So I figure a few nights in a LAX hotel is much less and allows me to get him a sample of what a convention might be like. Then if he likes it we will plan a GenCon trip for 2016. :D

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Daniel wrote:
Treebore wrote: If I would stop going to the conventions on the other side of the Country/Texas, I could probably afford to go to Los Angeles. :)
LOL. We first were thinking of going to GenCon this year, but I am less then excited to spend the money and find out he does not like it. So I figure a few nights in a LAX hotel is much less and allows me to get him a sample of what a convention might be like. Then if he likes it we will plan a GenCon trip for 2016. :D
Gen Con is definitely worth going to at least once. Personally I prefer the much smaller Cons. Even so, I've still gone to Gen Con twice. I am just in no hurry to go again.