CK Screen

Join Peter Bradley and other artists in discussions on art and presentation.
Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

My gaming table is big enough they can't see what I roll anyways. I mean, they see the dice, but not well enough to tell what the number is.

Now if I had a lot of players crowding the table I would pull out my screen for privacy.

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I might use a screen if I had the room for it. Also, probably to hide whatever shocks I might have... like, that nifty mindlfayer mini from Reaper (don't use minis in a game, but I like to show them and say --- you encounter THIS!

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

Treebore- Good point, I usually have 6-10 players around a fair sized table. I usually have at least 2 guys flanking me when I roll the dice!

Serleran- Reaper minis are some of the best I've seen. I have a load of them but havent gotten a chance to use them yet as I only just got them at Gen Con
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

Aladar
Lore Drake

Post by Aladar »

I have found that the CK screen is useful for hiding your dungeon and other maps so the players can't see while you guide them through and look stuff up. That, and for hiding rolls you don't want them to see.

Warden of the Welk Wood

Baron of the Castles & Crusades Society

The Poster formerly known as Alwyn

Senior Gamer - Member of the Senior RPG Tour

"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT - At least not in Yu Gi Oh"
http://www.cncsociety.org/
Lord Aladar
Warden of the Welk Wood
Baron of the Castles & Crusades Society
The Poster formerly known as Alwyn
Senior Gamer - Member of the Senior RPG Tour
"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT - At least not in Yu Gi Oh"

http://www.cncsociety.org/

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Get this straight people, the CK Screen is a vital tool for all Castle Keepers. Don't let those nosey players upscond on you by looking at your dice rolls, NO SIR! The CK SCREEN is the veil of AWESOMENESS that players better recanize.

You are the god of their world. Put up a wall and make the players ever envious of what lies in the mytical realm of the Castle Keeper!

-O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Breakdaddy
The Castle Keeper

Post by Breakdaddy »

Omote wrote:
Get this straight people, the CK Screen is a vital too for all Castle Keepers. Don't let those nosey players upscond on you by looking at your dice rolls, NO SIR! The CK SCREEN is the veil of AWESOMENESS that players better recanize.

You are the god of their world. Put up a wall and make the players ever envious of what lies in the mytical realm of the Castle Keeper!

-O

Veil of Awesomeness, NICE!
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

Omote wrote:
Get this straight people, the CK Screen is a vital tool for all Castle Keepers. Don't let those nosey players upscond on you by looking at your dice rolls, NO SIR! The CK SCREEN is the veil of AWESOMENESS that players better recanize.

-O

Hell yeah.

PLus, the extra thick screen conceals a thin leaden layer to stop those punk ass munchkins from using their x-ray vision to cheeze out and scope a peek at your dungeon map

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Quote:
Serleran- Reaper minis are some of the best I've seen.

Yeah, they can be pretty sweet. Some of them are... meh, but that's true of every company, methinks. I like Citadel, too, but they're too expensive for me -- also, Otherworld Miniatures, if the shipping price was reasonable (damn conversion rate of the USD to Pounds), I'd be all over them more (have some of the figures, like the Demon Idol.)

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

Oh, and if the screen goes heavy duty and landscape orientation, just think of the marketing possibilities...

The New CK Screen....

Longer...

Thicker...

Guaranteed to please...

Taranthyll
Red Cap

Post by Taranthyll »

DangerDwarf wrote:
Longer...

Thicker...

Guaranteed to please...

That kind of sounds like me.

paladin2019

Re: CK Screen

Post by paladin2019 »

gideon_thorne wrote:
The dude on the far right is a thief/mage (bout 12th level each class) of mine named Jaren Sen. Ask Rob Kuntz, Deogolf, or even Fiffergrund about the character in his last two LGGC run games. Course that particular character goes way back to the 80's when I created him.
Metalstorm much?

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Re: CK Screen

Post by gideon_thorne »

paladin2019 wrote:
Metalstorm much?

I highly doubt it. Had this thing for oriental philosophy at the time and I pulled a lot of names out of the air.

Sides, your thinking of Jared Syn.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach