The Beacon at Enon Tor ala Old School

Join Peter Bradley and other artists in discussions on art and presentation.
Gribble

The Beacon at Enon Tor ala Old School

Post by Gribble »

A little preview of the map in progress:
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/3604/enontorhs2.jpg

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Now THAT's what I'm talkin' about! Is that map printable though on 8.5 x 11 paper?

...................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

thoth93

Re: The Beacon at Enon Tor ala Old School

Post by thoth93 »

Gribble wrote:
A little preview of the map in progress:
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/3604/enontorhs2.jpg

Totally cool.

rabindranath72

Post by rabindranath72 »

For pdf versions I would remove all that blue, which only wastes ink. The black outlines on the map is enough.

That, or make the pdf editable some way.

Cheers,

Antonio

Gribble

Post by Gribble »

It is printable on 8.5x11" if you use the print on 1 page dealy. Have to say that I love this module. I even went through and updated it to the current versions of the monsters from the M&T. Zombies were a little on the weak side and the rats were actually tougher than the ones in the M&T. Now if I could find the font used in KotB, I can make this thing look really classic.
rabindranath72 wrote:
For pdf versions I would remove all that blue, which only wastes ink. The black outlines on the map is enough.

That, or make the pdf editable some way.

Cheers,

Antonio

Antonio, I chose to do it in this style, with all the blue, to replicate how the old modules are done. In fact I pulled out the old B2 to use as kind of a guide.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

The map looks real nice when printed, a tad larger than the original (which was pretty good).

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Gribble

Post by Gribble »

Rhuvein wrote:
The map looks real nice when printed, a tad larger than the original (which was pretty good).

Glad to hear that Rhuvein. BTW if anyone wants to know, it was done in NBOS Fractal Mapper using custom icons scanned and cleaned up from the original modules.