One of my latest art covers...

Join Peter Bradley and other artists in discussions on art and presentation.
ZeornWarlock

One of my latest art covers...

Post by ZeornWarlock »

Hi everyone, here is my latest cover for Silven Publishing. (Please, I'm not posting the link for solicitation or anything, it's just to show the artwork, if Trolllords find this impolite, I will delete my post.)

Here is the link. http://www.silven.com/publishing/graphi ... io_400.jpg

ZW.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

ZW, man, keep 'em coming! *2 thumbs up*

When are we going to see more of your B&W pieces in published material?

........................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

ZeornWarlock

Post by ZeornWarlock »

Omote,

Thanks for the compliments. I have no idea when you'll see any of my published pencil work. I'm only doing acrylics these days and mostly book covers. I will try to post more B/W on IGN's NWNVault so I can provide some links here. I plan on making a web page one of these days. (But I've been saying this for years now!) I definitely need to make one, because I have a lot of stuff to showcase, especially for the non-published stuff I do.

ZW.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

That's what I'm sayin'! Get your stuff posted up, I'm sure we'd all love to see them. No offense to your published acrylic work, but I just happen to be a big fan of black and white, and expecially pencil work. I think detailed pencil images like this are just perfect for fantasy. Eh, that's just me though.

........................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Cool! I had been looking at their posting of this product over on ENWorld.

First thing I told them is that the cover was very cool.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

ZeornWarlock

Post by ZeornWarlock »

Omote,

Eh, I will try to see if I can make a webpage during the year of 2007. Oh and no offense taken, to each is own for the Color VS B/W thing. As long as I can inspire at least one person with my artwork, then my job is done and I am a happy camper.
Treebore,

Thanks for the compliment and I'm glad you like it. I'm still working on a few projects for Silven and Robert Kuntz at the moment, but sadly it seems one of the original covers I did for the later got lost during shipping? Although we do have the scans, the painting seems lost in the mail. So I may have to redo that one for him.

ZW.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

That sucks! I assume there was no way to track it either. That really blows.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

ZeornWarlock

Post by ZeornWarlock »

Treebore wrote:
That sucks! I assume there was no way to track it either. That really blows.

There is a small possibility for me to track it, but most of the time it's impossible to get the package back. Who knows, maybe Santa will make some magic with this situation? Otherwise, I'll simply re-paint a new one.

ZW.

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Re: One of my latest art covers...

Post by Tadhg »

ZeornWarlock wrote:
Hi everyone, here is my latest cover for Silven Publishing. (Please, I'm not posting the link for solicitation or anything, it's just to show the artwork, if Trolllords find this impolite, I will delete my post.)

Here is the link. http://www.silven.com/publishing/graphi ... io_400.jpg

ZW.

Another excellent rendering!

[And I like a huge axe on a dwarf!!]

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

ZeornWarlock

Post by ZeornWarlock »

Thanks Rhuvein,

I prefer my dwarves with Warhammers, but this axe makes him look good too. The most fun I had with this acrylic was painting the armor.
ZW.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

In taking a further look at the axe and armor, I decided I like the lighting in this piece. ZW, do you like working with lighting effects?

.........................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!

ZeornWarlock

Post by ZeornWarlock »

Omote wrote:
In taking a further look at the axe and armor, I decided I like the lighting in this piece. ZW, do you like working with lighting effects?

.........................................Omote

FPQ

If I understand your question correctly? Yeah, on metallic items I sometimes like to add a "shiny" effect. Wet skin also reflects that kind of light. It really depends on what I paint and mostly the surrounding scene plays a major role in that decision. Natural, artificial or magical light and so on...

ZW.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Yes, lighting is some times a hard technique to master. Definitely the glint of certain weapons and armor in the cover here makes it seem like a moon is high in the sky on a cloudless night. This is conveyed, even though there is no visable moon.

..........................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!

Jungger

Post by Jungger »

Nice work, ZW!

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Wow!!!

Great work.
Quote:
As long as I can inspire at least one person with my artwork, then my job is done and I am a happy camper

A good pict can go along way in getting the imagination juices flowing!

Look forward to seeing more!

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

ZeornWarlock

Post by ZeornWarlock »

Jungger and Lurker.

Thanks for the comments. I will try to post a few more at one point.

ZW.