View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Question for Peter 
Skobbit

Post Question for Peter
you wouldn't happen to have ever drawn a picture of an arabian-style dancer, have you? I need one for a homebrew I'm doing, and I want to make it look as much like authentic C&C art as I can. Thanks!

Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:18 am
Maukling

Post Re: Question for Peter
Not at this time. I haven't had a call for such work before. ^_^

Peter Bradley

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:26 am
Profile WWW
Hlobane Orc

Is it me or do I see some Barry Moser in your style?

I only have the BHB right now but great job! I always thought black and white was great for D&D because it forces the person looking at it too fill in some of the blanks and use their imagination which is what it's all about.

As nice as the WotC's pictures are- colour and all- I think, in general, black and white is superior for gaming.

Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:42 pm
Skobbit

Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:12 pm
Maukling

Jungger wrote:
Hi Peter,

Is it me or do I see some Barry Moser in your style?

Dunno. Never heard of the fellow. My inspirations tend to be the guys from the 80's, Elmore, Easley, Caldwel, Parkinson and the like. ^_^

Peter Bradley

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:30 pm
Profile WWW
Lore Drake

gideon_thorne wrote:
Dunno. Never heard of the fellow. My inspirations tend to be the guys from the 80's, Elmore, Easley, Caldwel, Parkinson and the like. ^_^

Nice group of artists. Their names remind me of the various Dragon magazine covers that fueled the imagination at the time.

"Galstaff, ye are in a cornfield, when a moustachioed man approaches. What say ye?"

"I shun him."

-----

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

-- E. Gary Gygax

Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:39 pm
Battle Stag

The quintessential quartet of fantasy artists in my opinion as well. What inspired me so mcuh in my formative years was the artwork on and within the Basic D&D box sets (BECMI). Seeing the covers by Elmore and in te interior by Easley was such an experience as to let me learn how to make my imagination soar. To those gentleman, my RPG history is eternally devoted as well.

Sorry to threadjack here, Peter & Beo.

.......................................Omote

FPQ

Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:52 pm
Profile WWW
Mogrl

With any art, there are always comparisons. I would say that Peter's artwork is somewhat akin to the engravings of Barry Moser (especially those for Frankenstein), but it does not mean that Peter was influenced or trying to emulate said artist. Hell, I see similarities between Picasso and Kandinsky, so I guess I'm a psycho...

Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:24 pm
Maukling

Omote wrote:
Sorry to threadjack here, Peter & Beo.

*smiles* Wot thread jack? This whole forum is about art and artists.

Peter Bradley

Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:38 pm
Profile WWW
Battle Stag

gideon_thorne wrote:
*smiles* Wot thread jack? This whole forum is about art and artists.

Yeeeaaah, but the thread title is directed at Pete B, and nobody else.

Sliding again into another topic altogether..., every time I see this thread it makes me think abut the movie OFFICE SPACE. When the actor Deitrich Bader say "hey Peter, check out the breast exam on channel 12."

HEY, PETER!

.........................................Omote

FPQ

Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:49 pm
Profile WWW
Maukling

Omote wrote:
When the actor Deitrich Bader say "hey Peter, check out the breast exam on channel 12."

HEY, PETER!

.........................................Omote

FPQ

Why watch TV when you can be more hands on in sculpture class? 8)

Peter Bradley

Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:57 pm
Profile WWW
Battle Stag

True wisdom... Thank you for enlightening us.

.............................................Omote

FPQ

Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:02 pm
Profile WWW
Battle Stag

PB, do you ever consider selling originals?

Also, if you don't mind the question, do you own all of the artwork that has gone into C&C/LA? Some of the work, or does it depend on the peice or the product that you are doing work for?

FPQ

Mon May 21, 2007 4:17 pm
Profile WWW
Maukling

Omote wrote:
PB, do you ever consider selling originals?

Also, if you don't mind the question, do you own all of the artwork that has gone into C&C/LA? Some of the work, or does it depend on the peice or the product that you are doing work for?

FPQ

Sure. Ill sell originals. Most folks tend to twitch at the price though. Although one of my more popular pictures is hanging on a wall in a well known strip club in indianapolis. Im rather proud of that actually. ^_^

I retain the rights to my work when it goes through products produced by TLG. Probably why I do the most work for them.

I dont particularly approve of the concept of selling all rights to a company who's only going to use said work once. Seems rather silly to me.

So I offer a break on usage if I get to retain print rights and suchlike. But if someone wants to pay a big chunk of cash for exclusive and all encompassing rights, I am of a practical and of neccessity mercenary nature when needed. ^_~`

That being said, there are certain pieces of art that TLG has exclusive rights too. That being certain chararacters drawn based on descriptions out of Aihrde.

Peter Bradley

Mon May 21, 2007 4:43 pm
Profile WWW
Battle Stag

Thank you sir. We shall talk more on this subject at Gencon.

............................................Omote

FPQ

Mon May 21, 2007 4:49 pm
Profile WWW
Battle Stag

gideon_thorne wrote:
Although one of my more popular pictures is hanging on a wall in a well known strip club in indianapolis. Im rather proud of that actually. ^_^

That is cool as hell. BTW, would this picture be represented on your website somewhere?

FPQ

Mon May 21, 2007 4:54 pm
Profile WWW
Maukling

Omote wrote:
That is cool as hell. BTW, would this picture be represented on your website somewhere?

FPQ

Apparently not. I really do need to get around to updating again.

But this is the picture I mentioned. It even comes in colour:

Peter Bradley

Mon May 21, 2007 7:10 pm
Profile WWW
Cleric of Zagyg

Who is the model (middle - cleric/paladin) for the cover of the Character Reference Sheets?

Looks like someone I've seen - in pictures anyway.

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:52 am
Maukling

Rhuvein wrote:
Hello Peter.

Who is the model (middle - cleric/paladin) for the cover of the Character Reference Sheets?

Looks like someone I've seen - in pictures anyway.

My author friend Tracy Morris

Go buy some of her books. www.yarddogpress.com ^_~`

Peter Bradley

Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:05 am
Profile WWW
Red Cap

Hey peter, did you ever draw the encounter in the anti-gravity room from LGGC 2?

Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:57 pm
Battle Stag

I have to say that PB's work on the upcoming issues of THE CRUSADER is freaking fabulous! Check out the Crusader product page for lots of new Peter Bradley artwork.

OK, so you read 1000 page books and create amazing works of fantasy art? Peter, do you ever eat, sleep, or do anything else but work?

Great stuff man, keep up the good work.

.................................................Omote

FPQ

Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:25 am
Profile WWW
Maukling

Omote wrote:
OK, so you read 1000 page books and create amazing works of fantasy art? Peter, do you ever eat, sleep, or do anything else but work?

I hang around this pretty blond girl who insists on dragging me out to be social with weird people in ren faire outfits. But the truth is, I rather like sitting quietly and drawing all day. It's relaxing.

Quote:
mike frank wrote:
Hey peter, did you ever draw the encounter in the anti-gravity room from LGGC 2?

Not yet. One of these days perhaps.

Peter Bradley

Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:31 am
Profile WWW
Battle Stag

I know you're a busy guy and all, and this is not a question, to be sure:

Update your site already, dammit. Don't hit me.

........................................Omote

FPQ

Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:13 pm
Profile WWW
Maukling

Omote wrote:
I know you're a busy guy and all, and this is not a question, to be sure:

Update your site already, dammit. Don't hit me.

........................................Omote

FPQ

*chuckles* Im getting there. Unfortunately HTML coding and set up is not one of my stronger talents, despite an efficient grounding in the basics.

Peter Bradley

Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:58 pm
Profile WWW
Battle Stag

PB, what was your first piece of artwork that was included in a TLG product? What was the picture of and what product was it in?

I was looking in some of the older d20 TLG mods, and the earliest I think I could find was a 2002 pic. I admit though that I don't have all of the Troll's early work.

Just wondering'

-O

Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:52 pm
Profile WWW
Maukling

Omote wrote:
PB, what was your first piece of artwork that was included in a TLG product? What was the picture of and what product was it in?

I was looking in some of the older d20 TLG mods, and the earliest I think I could find was a 2002 pic. I admit though that I don't have all of the Troll's early work.

Just wondering'

-O

2002 would be about right.

I'd met Davis at Conestoga before that, but it took a while to lead up to the exalted *cough sputter... snicker...* status I have today.
I turned in 3 pictures initially. I think Winter Runes is what a couple of em were in.

Peter Bradley

Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:38 am
Profile WWW
Mogrl

Heh, if its Winter Runes, then that cracks me up.

Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:51 am
Greater Lore Drake

gideon_thorne wrote:
I hang around this pretty blond girl who insists on dragging me out to be social with weird people in ren faire outfits. But the truth is, I rather like sitting quietly and drawing all day. It's relaxing.

Is that the same blonde you were hanging with at White Hart?

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:09 am
Profile WWW
Maukling

Julian Grimm wrote:
Is that the same blonde you were hanging with at White Hart?

That would be her.

Peter Bradley

Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:19 am
Profile WWW
Battle Stag

Given the frequency of your work, is it safe to say that the art of Peter Bradley can see it's own book by TLG in some 2-5 years? Honestly, with the stuff already out and with what's coming up that might be a nice little item. To be honest, sometimes it's a bit hard to see the little nuances in your work when the artwork is shrunk down to fit on the cover, and further shrunk down to fit into the cover frame.

Just sayin'.

-O

Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:12 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next