View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Miniature painting 
Cleric of Zagyg

Post Miniature painting
OK, I've finally decided to try some mini painting, thanks to some of the peeps on DF/TLG . . . Greg Ellis, bighara, Egg of Coot, Varl, gleepwurp, The GM, billchamp, Birthright, et. al.!
So I've painted 2 plastic minis, just to check out my paint and technique. I'm prepping 4 metal figures for further practice.

I'll post a couple of pics soon.

And yeah, I'm no artist, but I want to try this and get ready for my first C&C metal fig!!! 8)

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:50 am
Greater Lore Drake

I like min war games also so have tons af lead to paint. A few time I get a good unit painted but others aren't so good. The advantage in MWGs is there are lots of figures close together so as long as the front ones look good & all the helmets look good no one sees the messed up ones in the back.

If you getr some good one I'd enjoy seeing the pics

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:37 pm
Cleric of Zagyg

Lurker wrote:
GOOOOOOD Luck!

I like min war games also so have tons af lead to paint. A few time I get a good unit painted but others aren't so good. The advantage in MWGs is there are lots of figures close together so as long as the front ones look good & all the helmets look good no one sees the messed up ones in the back.

If you getr some good one I'd enjoy seeing the pics

Thanks.

Good point about having the front ones look good. It's interesting because the minis I'm about to post, look good from a distance even with my good glasses on. But when shooting them on a high resolution macro setting, you really see the flaws!

Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:53 pm
Cleric of Zagyg

OK, here are my first painted minis - practice dummies if you will. As soon as I upload the pics to the computer, I saw the missed spots and nooks and crannies that need more work. As these were plastic, I didn't prime them. Probably should have.

Otherwise, a dip in a paint/wash may fill in those areas. Still it was a lot of fun and good to practice. I probably need to get some more magnification for my painting

Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:58 pm
Hlobane Orc

You still painting, Rhu? I think these figs are very good for a first attempt. You've got great control. Do post more shots of your work either here or at DF.

The Egg

PrimEvil Studios is on Facebook. Click here to become a fan.

Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:17 pm
Cleric of Zagyg

Egg of Coot wrote:
Thread necromancy on my part, sorry all.

You still painting, Rhu? I think these figs are very good for a first attempt. You've got great control. Do post more shots of your work either here or at DF.

The Egg

Thanks for the prompting and reminder that I need to get back to it. After surgery on my hand last spring and then recovery, I got out of the habit. Then summer projects and fall house painting.

But now it's getting cold, time to come inside and relax with some nice mini painting.

I think I put a nice wash on the dwarf and witch (back then) and they look a little better.

But I do have about 6 or 8 metals in various stages that I need to complete and then I'll post some samples.

Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]