Showing off

Join Peter Bradley and other artists in discussions on art and presentation.
Wulfgarn

Post by Wulfgarn »

These are some maps I am using to work on LA Adventures- comments welcome, and really appreciated.

this first map is the first in the series. The maps are accurate to the information provided in the LE handbooks from Heka Forge (ie. LE Gazzeteer, and Noble Kings and Dark Lands.)

I am trying to perfect my style in this so your thoughts are very appreciated.

this map is a tighter detail map of the area between Balovis and Govro along the Dahnnod River.

I am not too happy with the boder on it

this final map brings the detail in a bit closer still and details a section of the Grim Fens and the Low Road.

This area is the subject of the project I am working on.

Harry Joy
Ulthal

Post by Harry Joy »

Wow, you've obviously got a great deal more talent than I've got at such things, but the colors seem a wee bit garish. More detail would be good as well. But they are excellent efforts.

Titania Lefey
Hlobane Orc

My most proud picture (the dragon)

Post by Titania Lefey »

Just thought I'd share this with everyone instead of just a few people.
http://www.lundr.com/Rhiannon/sample.html

Titania

Wulfgarn

Post by Wulfgarn »

Harry Joy wrote:
Wow, you've obviously got a great deal more talent than I've got at such things, but the colors seem a wee bit garish. More detail would be good as well. But they are excellent efforts.

These Maps are a work in progress- and are being used to place adventures in....

I am posting them as I go to get feedback

I will look into fixing the clors- toning te down or perhaps going to a dutone pallette

Wulfgarn

Re: My most proud picture (the dragon)

Post by Wulfgarn »

Titania Lefey wrote:

Titania

I finally get to see some more of your work- thanks for sharing - I like the Wolf/cat and the lizard cat - also the face of the ghost child is excellent

the Bug man is very cool-

if I may make a sugesstion - have you every used a stub- or toilet paper to aide in blending your pencils?

Martin

Wulfgarn

Post by Wulfgarn »

In the same vein of the other maps I posted - this is all done in Photosho-

It is a work in Progress hence - no buildings

It is the village of Vreba-haj and let me know what you think

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: My most proud picture (the dragon)

Post by Treebore »

Titania Lefey wrote:

Titania

She is still showing only stuff from two years ago. Her newer stuff is markedly better.

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Good stuff I liked the "Baby ghost" & thanks for sharing.

Great maps! I have CC3 but haven't had a chance to do any work with it. Is Photo shop better/easier to use?

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Lurker wrote:
Great maps! I have CC3 but haven't had a chance to do any work with it. Is Photo shop better/easier to use?

Ahh.. well. That honestly depends on the user I think. I know I find Photoshop easier to uses than CC3, and ultimately more satisfying. I just don't care for the 'computer generated' look that map making software gives a given picture.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Titania Lefey
Hlobane Orc

Post by Titania Lefey »

Wulgan
Quote:
have you every used a stub- or toilet paper to aide in blending your pencils?

yes but not until after those peices of art, and I still primarily use my fingers to blend.

Wulfgarn

Post by Wulfgarn »

For me Photo shop is easier - but I have only just begun to tap the surface of what can be accomplished with it

thank you for looking

CC3 - is too hard for me to figure out I have tried

Ihave more freedom with these m,aps

Martin

Wulfgarn

Post by Wulfgarn »

here is the latest

Puckk

Post by Puckk »

I thought I would share.

My husband was running a C&C game set in the forgotten realms setting. This was the gnome I played. And yes her hand looks steal. She lost it reaching into a pile of armor. Not my best moment. Needless to say she had to have a fellow adventurers hack it off. She was able to make a god call and one of Gond's servants replaced it.

Harry Joy
Ulthal

Post by Harry Joy »

Hey, that's pretty cool. I'd love to see more, if you have anything.

Puckk

Post by Puckk »

Thanks. I'll have to see what I can dig up. A bunch of my stuff is non D&D related (Still fantasy) that or just not scanned in.

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Doesn't have to be D&D related to appear in this forum. Whatever folks want to show off is fine.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Coleston the Cavalier
Unkbartig

Post by Coleston the Cavalier »

Nice stuff Puckk!

Welcome to forum!

John Adams

Puckk

Post by Puckk »

I thought I'd share a few more of my older works. Enjoy

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

*chuckles* That second one bears a striking resemblance to Davis.

Peter Bradley

Puckk

Post by Puckk »

Davis?

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Puckk wrote:
Davis?

One of the troll lords. Just visualize a Geico Caveman/ Dennis Miller combination.

Peter Bradley

Puckk

Post by Puckk »

gideon_thorne wrote:
One of the troll lords. Just visualize a Geico Caveman/ Dennis Miller combination.
Thats down right terrifying

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Great artwork, Puckk!

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Puckk

Post by Puckk »

Rhuvein wrote:
Great artwork, Puckk!

Thank you

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

Okay, I admit I have an Intelligence of 3. How do I post pictures on the forum? Do I have to have my stuff online already, like uploaded to a particular site first?

By the way, Photoshop CS2 is insane. I can do basic stuff but I know there are millions of cool things I am not doing with it that I need to learn.

I am doing some stuff completely on Artrage 2 or in Photoshop, but also doing stuff traditionally and scanning it in to photoshop to jazz it up. Fun stuff.[/img]

Titania Lefey
Hlobane Orc

Post by Titania Lefey »

PIperdog wrote:
Okay, I admit I have an Intelligence of 3. How do I post pictures on the forum? Do I have to have my stuff online already, like uploaded to a particular site first?

By the way, Photoshop CS2 is insane. I can do basic stuff but I know there are millions of cool things I am not doing with it that I need to learn.

I am doing some stuff completely on Artrage 2 or in Photoshop, but also doing stuff traditionally and scanning it in to photoshop to jazz it up. Fun stuff.

the only way I know of is, in the chat box, there is a button below the subject box labeled Img, and then you put the URL down and close the Img

thats one of my pieces of artwork using said technique of posting.

"I was just going to look! With fire...and lightning...and reanimated chipmunks....and raccoons... on fire."-Richard

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

Thanks, Titania for the advice. This means that the picture needs to be online somewhere already though. Anyway to upload a photo to the post without going through the url method?

I guess I will start an online gallery with tripod or some such host, and then it will be a non issue I suppose.

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

PIperdog wrote:
Anyway to upload a photo to the post without going through the url method?

Apparently not.

You could always start a www.deviantart.com account and put art there and link from it.

Peter Bradley

Harry Joy
Ulthal

Post by Harry Joy »

PIperdog wrote:
I guess I will start an online gallery with tripod or some such host, and then it will be a non issue I suppose.

Egads! People still use Tripod?

It'll give you nothing but headaches. Try Photobucket.

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

Okay,

lets give it a try. Here is an attempt at doing a B&W illustration, trying for an Old School feel.

This was completely done in Photoshop, one of my first experiences with the software.