View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:14 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
New drawing tablet 
Ulthal

Post New drawing tablet
I just picked up a nice one today and have tried it out...

Frustrating. Its like having to re-learn how to draw all over again.

For those of you guys with the tablets, how long did it take before working with it beacme natural to you again?

Morty
A Room Zoom Zoom. A Room Zoom Zoom. Gilly Gilly Gilly Gilly Ot Zat Za Come open the magic door with me, With your imagination there's so much we can see. There is a doorway that leads to a place. I'll find my way by the smile on your face.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:24 am
Lore Drake

Everything comes with practice. Just stick with it! Unlike "real" media, at least digital art has Cntrl-Z.

Someone posted in another thread that it may help if you tape a piece of tracing paper over the face of the tablet. That will give you a more toothy "drawing" feel than just having two pieces of hard plastic rubbing one another. Give it a try!

Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:49 pm
Profile WWW
Ulthal

jaybird216 wrote:
Everything comes with practice. Just stick with it! Unlike "real" media, at least digital art has Cntrl-Z.

Someone posted in another thread that it may help if you tape a piece of tracing paper over the face of the tablet. That will give you a more toothy "drawing" feel than just having two pieces of hard plastic rubbing one another. Give it a try!

That might help, I'll give it a try.

Thanks
A Room Zoom Zoom. A Room Zoom Zoom. Gilly Gilly Gilly Gilly Ot Zat Za Come open the magic door with me, With your imagination there's so much we can see. There is a doorway that leads to a place. I'll find my way by the smile on your face.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:30 pm
Maukling

Post Re: New drawing tablet
Quote:
cuchulainkevin wrote:
For those of you guys with the tablets, how long did it take before working with it beacme natural to you again?

Morty

A couple hours. It's no different than being in figure drawing class and doing a contour drawing, where you cant take your eyes off the subject your drawing. Not allowed to look at the paper.

Peter Bradley

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:00 pm
Profile WWW
Ulthal

Maybe I'll have to try that as well. I've never taken a class so I have no experience at that and I've always looked directly at the paper as I've worked.

It's helped a little to move the screen closer to the tablet as I work.

Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:49 pm
Lore Drake

Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:31 pm
Profile WWW
Ulthal

Not much. but then part of the problem is my computer. I have 512 mb of memory with a Vista operating system. I've (sadly) found out that Vista is a resource hog, and when I use the tablet it tends to "jump around" because the memory is insufficient.

I'm going to put in a memory upgrade (roughly 30$ or so) and see if that helps.

Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:48 pm
Maukling

cuchulainkevin wrote:
Not much. but then part of the problem is my computer. I have 512 mb of memory with a Vista operating system. I've (sadly) found out that Vista is a resource hog, and when I use the tablet it tends to "jump around" because the memory is insufficient.

I'm going to put in a memory upgrade (roughly 30$ or so) and see if that helps.

You need, at the absolute minimum, 1 gig, to run vista. 3-4 is better if your running high end graphics programs like photoshop, which also require one gig at the minimum.

Peter Bradley

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:04 pm
Profile WWW
Ulthal

gideon_thorne wrote:
You need, at the absolute minimum, 1 gig, to run vista. 3-4 is better if your running high end graphics programs like photoshop, which also require one gig at the minimum.

So I've found out
It's what I get for going cheap on a computer.

The memory upgrade I was looking at would give me the 1 GB.

I figure that would hold me over until I can get a real computer later in the year.

Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]