TLG's 2009 Catalog Artwork

Join Peter Bradley and other artists in discussions on art and presentation.
Omote
Battle Stag

TLG's 2009 Catalog Artwork

Post by Omote »

The cover of the 2009 Troll Lord Games catalog is really great, and should actually be on the cover of a module or book at some point (and not buried in the bowls of this website ).
http://www.trolllord.com/catalog/index.html

(make sure you enlarge the pic to a 1:1 to see it as best as it can be seen.)

Anyways, PB could you shed a little light on the story behind this piece? Are these characters from a game? The action is pretty cool, and again more great trees (and perspective) in your stuff. Also, the murky, splashing water came out quite nicely too.

Please elaborate if you can.

Thanks.

-O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Re: TLG's 2009 Catalog Artwork

Post by gideon_thorne »

Omote wrote:
The cover of the 2009 Troll Lord Games catalog is really great, and should actually be on the cover of a module or book at some point (and not buried in the bowls of this website ).
http://www.trolllord.com/catalog/index.html

(make sure you enlarge the pic to a 1:1 to see it as best as it can be seen.)

Anyways, PB could you shed a little light on the story behind this piece? Are these characters from a game? The action is pretty cool, and again more great trees (and perspective) in your stuff. Also, the murky, splashing water came out quite nicely too.

Please elaborate if you can.

Thanks.

-O

Actually. It was intended to be the cover of a book. Unfortunately, that particular book went away when the Gygax IP did. It was going to go on that one old tournament module Gary had unearthed.
One of the characters is from a game. The halfling dude is one of mine. A chap named Andwyse. Created back in the day when a Halfling was still a Class.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

cuchulainkevin
Ulthal

Post by cuchulainkevin »

gideon_thorne wrote:
Actually. It was intended to be the cover of a book. Unfortunately, that particular book went away when the Gygax IP did. It was going to go on that one old tournament module Gary had unearthed.
One of the characters is from a game. The halfling dude is one of mine. A chap named Andwyse. Created back in the day when a Halfling was still a Class.

Crap on a crap cracker! I was looking forward to seeing that module too!

At least you got to find a use for that art piece.

Hopefully the halfling racial class will be making an appearance soon in the Basic Game.
A Room Zoom Zoom. A Room Zoom Zoom. Gilly Gilly Gilly Gilly Ot Zat Za Come open the magic door with me, With your imagination there's so much we can see. There is a doorway that leads to a place. I'll find my way by the smile on your face.
Ah room zoom zoom, ah room zoom zoom. gilly gilly gilly gilly, gilly ah sa sa. Come through the magic door with me and see the things you never dreamed you'll see.

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

cuchulainkevin wrote:
Crap on a crap cracker! I was looking forward to seeing that module too!

At least you got to find a use for that art piece.

Hopefully the halfling racial class will be making an appearance soon in the Basic Game.

Oh, it'll be used for a cover for something. Just not sure what yet?

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

cuchulainkevin
Ulthal

Post by cuchulainkevin »

gideon_thorne wrote:
Oh, it'll be used for a cover for something. Just not sure what yet?

New Troll Lord Game Contest:

Design a module that fits Peter's cover of the Art of Was Once Known as the Teeth of Barkush Nour.

1st prize: your own module printed courtest of TLG

Done.
A Room Zoom Zoom. A Room Zoom Zoom. Gilly Gilly Gilly Gilly Ot Zat Za Come open the magic door with me, With your imagination there's so much we can see. There is a doorway that leads to a place. I'll find my way by the smile on your face.
Ah room zoom zoom, ah room zoom zoom. gilly gilly gilly gilly, gilly ah sa sa. Come through the magic door with me and see the things you never dreamed you'll see.

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

cuchulainkevin wrote:
New Troll Lord Game Contest:

Design a module that fits Peter's cover of the Art of Was Once Known as the Teeth of Barkush Nour.

1st prize: your own module printed courtest of TLG

Done.

That's not actually a bad idea. Ill see what Steve thinks.

Peter Bradley

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Good idea. Hope it works out.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Crap! That would be a high level module! Hmmmm....

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.