View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Started painting mini's again 
Ulthal

Post Started painting mini's again
I started playing C&C with my son and some of my older playing group this year. One thing led to another and miniatures came up. So my son got a couple of really nice reaper figures which I just didn't think I was up to the task of painting so I sent them off to EggofCoot along with a few older figures that could use a nice paint job. I should have stopped there but once I started digging through the boxes I got that itch again. Luckly I managed to dig out about 30 unopened blisters that I sent off to Aaron at NobleKnight in exchange for paint and brushes. That just left sitting down and see if I could remember how to do this.

First up was the Ral Partha ES31 from 1977

It came out pretty good, chainmail was always the friend of mediocre painter. I kept going and did a few elves and a Daemon of some sort. Any one who is interested enough can follow this link.
http://www.stellarcore.net/games/Game_i ... 82010.html

I need a lot more practice but the basics of washing and dry brushing I remember.

-Mike

Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:22 pm
Profile WWW
Battle Stag

Chainmail is a friend to the mediocre painter, particularly when you put a dark wash on it. The wash fills in the depressions and really makes it look like a lot more effort went into it than really did.

Becoming skilled in washing and drybrushing can really make a mediocre painter look many times better.

Lookin' good!

~O

Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:25 pm
Profile WWW
Ulthal

Thanks. I started this guy yesterday, I just need to do the finishing details on it. This mini is marked GW 1985 I assume it is a Hobgoblin but I have not found any other identifiers on it. If anyone knows it let me know.

I see now why the new "25mm" scale is much loved, way easier to get at some of the details.

-Mike

Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:04 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]