View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Gygaxian Fantasy Series 
Mist Elf

Post Gygaxian Fantasy Series
This series has MEGA usefulness to DMs/GMs everywhere!!

I see hard copies in the HUNDREDS of dollars. This is a crime to loving gamers everywhere!!

Why are these not available in PDF on OBS/DTRPG/RPGnow!??!?!?1?!? Why are these not available in a gold foil tribute hard cover slip-case collectors edition?!?!?!?!

:ugeek:

Seriously, I would pay good US monies for these. A bundle for the whole set would also move my hard earned coinage into your coffers.

I read somewhere that the license as revoked? Can we petition someone? What noise do I have to make?

Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:50 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Clang lives!

Post Re: Gygaxian Fantasy Series
The license was revoked and I doubt we will see it return anytime soon. I don't think there is any amount of noise to be made to bring it back.

R-

The Castles & Crusades Society Rolls
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:03 pm
Greater Lore Drake

trechriron wrote:
What noise do I have to make?

Noise is useless in this situation. You need to contact the I.P. Rights holder and purchase the I.P. Then you can publish at your leisure.

House Rules

Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:15 pm
Lore Drake

Arduin wrote:
trechriron wrote:

Noise is useless in this situation. You need to contact the I.P. Rights holder and purchase the I.P. Then you can publish at your leisure.

Good luck with that. Gail Gygax announced plans to (re)release Gary's IP years ago, but has not made any identifiable progress in the last 7 years. For better or worse, we should consider Gary's IP dead. :cry:

Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:48 pm
Greater Lore Drake

Buttmonkey wrote:
Arduin wrote:
trechriron wrote:

Good luck with that. ...

I said purchase the IP Rights. I said nada about waiting for Gail to give it away. Luck has nothing to do with it. If you offer enough, they are yours.

House Rules

Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:54 pm
Cleric of Zagyg

I have the series and it's fantabulous. Wished I woulda purchased 2 copies of this and all the other Yggsburgh stuff. Heh, well I do have 2 copies of CZ Upper Works!!

Hope to see this available again someday . . . :(

Keep checking ebay ~ you may catch a good price from time to time!

:D

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:30 am
Maukling

The only one I never picked up was Insidiae. I probably should, for completion sake, but I won't be heartbroken if I don't

I echo Rhu and say get what you can now for a good price. Living Fantasy and Cosmos Builder are on eBay currently, and rather inexpensive. Canting Crew is not too badly priced on Amazon. That leaves Book of Names, World Builder, and Nation Builder - those are the pricey ones. Looking at sold items on eBay, though, shows some get by fairly cheap (if you're lucky...and vigilant).

Troll Lord wrote:
Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:20 pm
Lore Drake

I got Insidiae and thought it looked very useful after a skim through. For some reason, I've never used it in practice. I should crack that puppy open this weekend...

Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:15 pm
Lore Drake

Rhuvein wrote:
well I do have 2 copies of CZ Upper Works!!

So do I. Maybe we should put our copies in a cage some time and see if they breed. That could be a pretty profitable business venture. :D

Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:17 pm
Battle Stag

My two favorite books in the series are World Builder and Canting Crew. If you are playing a rogue/thief class, I think this is one of the best inspirational books ever made on the subject. World Builder on the other hand, has a bunch of stuff we always knew we wanted to use in our games, but forget every time to use. World Builder builds up your story-telling vocabulary, by offering a wealth of ways to tell a story from a descriptive standpoint.

~O

Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:39 pm
Profile WWW
Greater Lore Drake

I have most of the books. Need just a couple of them I think. I can probably find you some for cover price from a game store in the region. Anyway, I think I need Nation Builder and Canting Crew. Maybe one more. Still need all of those books on pdf.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:37 pm
Cleric of Zagyg

Buttmonkey wrote:
Rhuvein wrote:
well I do have 2 copies of CZ Upper Works!!

So do I. Maybe we should put our copies in a cage some time and see if they breed. That could be a pretty profitable business venture. :D

Heh!!!

Mebbe, they will pro-create the next level in the dungeon!! ;)

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:01 am
Mist Elf

I so wish I could bring back World Builder and Insidiae. Of course, I’m biased.

Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:40 am
Battle Stag

The sheer fact that these books are not AT LEAST available on OBS is a crime. Serious fantastic material that for some dumb reason is not allowed to be shared with the world. Bring back Dan Cross to rewrite these books!

~O

Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:40 pm
Profile WWW
Mogrl

I should get off my butt and hand scan my copies. This is the very kind of thing I bought the hand held scanner for!

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:26 am
Mist Elf

Omote wrote:
The sheer fact that these books are not AT LEAST available on OBS is a crime. Serious fantastic material that for some dumb reason is not allowed to be shared with the world. Bring back Dan Cross to rewrite these books!

~O

Hopefully rewriting won't be necessary (a man can dream, right?). Meanwhile, more stuff in the spirit of the series is cool too, like Jim Ward's excellent Story Teller's Thesaurus.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]