View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
[Attention New Users] Registering New Forum Accounts 
Greater Lore Drake

Post [Attention New Users] Registering New Forum Accounts
Attention all potential new board users:

Due to problems with spammers and bots, we have implemented a policy that requires an administrator to verify and activate all new accounts. If anything appears fishy about the account, it will be deleted. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause legitimate new users, but this has become necessary. If your new account isn't activated within 24-48 hours or is deleted for some reason, please email me at breakdaddy.tlg[at]gmail dot com. Please keep in mind that random-looking usernames are automatically suspect, as are gmail or other email accounts that appear to be randomly generated. These are the primary ways that we filter out spammers.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:15 am
Lore Drake

Post Re: [Attention New Users] Registering New Forum Accounts
I have my admin privileges, as well. I can also respond to some of these. I noticed a huge number of notifications in my gmail today.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:06 am
Greater Lore Drake

Fiff: So far, I've been able to address these. I have shifted the complexity of the challenge code during registration and have been judiciously applying the ban-hammer to blocks of IPs. I might tap you once some of my data collection gets solidified if you don't mind. I honestly wasn't sure if you were still around very much or I would've hit you up about this.

All: If any legit users are blocked/banned, you cats let me know so I can fix it. Find me on one of the other boards or let Steve know. Sadly, the primary way we will get some relative peace around here is with these harsher measures. I am unlocking this thread now so that if anyone wants to address this, they can.

Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:30 pm
Lore Drake

No problem at all - I just thought I'd offer. Just let me know if you do need help with it ongoing.

I wasn't around very much for a while due to complete personal upheaval in the last 9 months, but things are settling down so I hope to be around more again.

Curse the spammers. You're doing yeoman's work.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:09 am
Henchman

Hi! Someone I know registered over 24 hours ago and they haven't received a confirmation yet. Who should they contact?

Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:59 pm
Skobbit

Appreciate the acceptance of my account. I tried with another email yesterday and it never went through so i set up a second one and that was approved. Thanks admin team ! :D

Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:09 am
Mogrl

My daughter, Titania LeFay on here, would like to re activate her account, but has been unable to. She also tried to create a new account.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:01 pm
Ulthal

I have to tell you that I am dissatisfied with the password in this forum. From time to time I get kicked off and I have to re-enter this long-ass password to get in and then find out the password has changed. Then I have to answer some chatcha question and it still will not work. So I go get another password, wait for the email, copy the long-ass password, activate that then back the forum to re-enter another long-ass password and catcha again. Enough.

How do I change the password to something I want?

Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:36 pm
Ungern

Snoring Rock wrote:
How do I change the password to something I want?

User Control Panel->Profile->Edit Account Settings

Enter your current password, new password, confirm new password in the appropriate fields.

Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:48 am
Ungern

I am sorry but the above post is kind of funny considering the forum.

Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]