Yggsburgh: Unholy Ringstones question

A place to discuss out-of-print or discontinued TLG products.
dunbruha
Ulthal

Yggsburgh: Unholy Ringstones question

Post by dunbruha »

I may be dense, but I just can't figure out how the codes from the Menhirs on p. 177 work. Do they relate to the map on p. 180? If so, how? Any help would be appreciated!

Plus, the numbers on the map do not match the numbers in the text. I am assuming that:

14 = North Altar stone

15 = East Altar Stone

16 = South Altar stone

17 = West Altar stone

18 = Central Cairn

19 = Subterranean Chamber

20 = South Tomb Chamber

21 = West Tomb Chamber

22 = North Tomb Chamber

23 = East Tomb Chamber

24 = Black Crypt

25 = Red Crypt

dunbruha
Ulthal

Post by dunbruha »

BUMP

Has no one played this one?

capitalbill
Hlobane Orc

Post by capitalbill »

It looks like you have the numbering system correct. I haven't done anything with this encounter yet, but reading through it I am a little confused as well. If you just read the chart left to right you get something like: "4 keys 4 doors 1 right 1 dead end and 1 right the way opens left and after right in left." If you start the phrase at the bottom of the 11th menhir and add some punctuation you can get: "In left (you enter the cairn from the left); 4 keys (copper torch, silver baton, iron hook, gold buckle), 4 doors (North Tomb, East Tomb, South Tomb, West Tomb); 1 right (take the East Tomb), 1 dead end (the way dead ends), and 1 right (no clue on this one). The way opens left and right (secret door to the left and to the right- Black Crypt, Red Crypt)." Sorry, that's the best that I could do.

dunbruha
Ulthal

Post by dunbruha »

capitalbill wrote:
It looks like you have the numbering system correct. I haven't done anything with this encounter yet, but reading through it I am a little confused as well. If you just read the chart left to right you get something like: "4 keys 4 doors 1 right 1 dead end and 1 right the way opens left and after right in left." If you start the phrase at the bottom of the 11th menhir and add some punctuation you can get: "In left (you enter the cairn from the left); 4 keys (copper torch, silver baton, iron hook, gold buckle), 4 doors (North Tomb, East Tomb, South Tomb, West Tomb); 1 right (take the East Tomb), 1 dead end (the way dead ends), and 1 right (no clue on this one). The way opens left and right (secret door to the left and to the right- Black Crypt, Red Crypt)." Sorry, that's the best that I could do.

Interesting, I hadn't thought of starting in the middle... (Not that it works all that much better, though.)

I may just change the codes so that it makes sense to me:

4 keys 4 doors the way opens east and then east again beware

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Every time I see the thread title I think Unholy Ringtones, and my mind starts to wander into Black Sabbath.

But, I have not used the actual adventure area, so no comment on how it is intended. Maybe Ghul can be summoned...

dunbruha
Ulthal

Post by dunbruha »

serleran wrote:
Every time I see the thread title I think Unholy Ringtones, and my mind starts to wander into Black Sabbath.

But, I have not used the actual adventure area, so no comment on how it is intended. Maybe Ghul can be summoned...

Yea, me too. I had to double-check when I typed it to make sure I included the "s".