Deluxe Tunnels & Trolls Kickstart

TLG d20, Necromancer Games and general. Discuss any game not covered in another forum.
mgtremaine
Ulthal

Deluxe Tunnels & Trolls Kickstart

Post by mgtremaine »

Is up http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/994 ... and-trolls

Funding is going fast and furious, good old Flying Buffalo, I'm in.

-MIke

narpet
Red Cap

Re: Deluxe Tunnels & Trolls Kickstart

Post by narpet »

Thanks for this info... I'm a lover of T&T and didn't know this was in the works... haven't visited any T&T sites lately. I'll definitely be backing this one.

mgtremaine
Ulthal

Post by mgtremaine »

UPDATE!!!!

6 Days to go, $84,500+ pledged... All kinds of extra goodies listed now. BUT if they get to 100K then a wooden black and gold box like the original 5th edition box set will unlock...... Anyone who was thinking about it should jump in!!!

-Mike

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

Yeah, Yeah...this thread is 2 and half years old....

Well, it appears that the Deluxe Tunnels & Trolls PDF is released to backers. I didn't jump on this one, but have followed it. I have v5.5 and played it for a few sessions. It's a good system and I was glad to see it funded.

From what I've read (See link here: http://www.deluxetunnelsandtrolls.com/ )

It goes to print on Monday and weekend will be used to get any errata the backers find in the 385 page PDF.

Anyone get the PDF? Any thoughts so far?

De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria

SmokestackJones
Hlobane Orc

Post by SmokestackJones »

I backed it and got the PDF. Smart move, releasing the electronic version first. The fans are already giving feedback on errors (including a missing page).

I skimmed through it - it's T&T alright. Some cleanup, but all in all the same game. It comes in at 385 pages, but a lot of that is info about Trollworld, which I and a lot of others are glad to see.

Still no monster stats though (sigh). I know there's writeups out there (not to mention T&T 7.5's writeups, which I have) but it would be nice to have a section in the rulebook.

BUT, that's my only quibble. Other than that, a great effort and I can hardly wait to get the book in my hands!

-SJ

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I'm glad I didn't back it simply because its taken over 2 years to get it. I'll pick it up now. Once its in print.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

darkpaladin45
Mist Elf

Post by darkpaladin45 »

Has there been any indication as to how much the PDF will cost for us non-backers when it is released? I skimmed the announcement page, and it appears they are going to be releasing it for sale on Drivethru in a week, or so, but did not see a price mentioned.

-Chris

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

darkpaladin45 wrote:Has there been any indication as to how much the PDF will cost for us non-backers when it is released? I skimmed the announcement page, and it appears they are going to be releasing it for sale on Drivethru in a week, or so, but did not see a price mentioned.

-Chris

I am guessing somewhere between $25 to $35. Since the KS price was supposed to be below retail.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

Treebore wrote:
darkpaladin45 wrote:Has there been any indication as to how much the PDF will cost for us non-backers when it is released? I skimmed the announcement page, and it appears they are going to be releasing it for sale on Drivethru in a week, or so, but did not see a price mentioned.

-Chris

I am guessing somewhere between $25 to $35. Since the KS price was supposed to be below retail.
Actually it's $19.95 http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/152 ... 0%93Trolls
De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria

SmokestackJones
Hlobane Orc

Post by SmokestackJones »

Got my backer copy pdf and from what I've read it's worth every penny.

-SJ

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

I printed and coil bound mine at Fedex and ran it for my wife yesterday; we went through Buffalo Castle. It ate up two characters so far. I think the changes to the game are all pretty good, and they present the old ways also. I think adventures continue to be hard unless you get at least 1 TARO roll and roll up an illkin character (optional rules near the end of the book). I think it's the best version of the game so far and is well-explained, complete and playable.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Aergraith wrote:I printed and coil bound mine at Fedex and ran it for my wife yesterday; we went through Buffalo Castle. It ate up two characters so far. I think the changes to the game are all pretty good, and they present the old ways also. I think adventures continue to be hard unless you get at least 1 TARO roll and roll up an illkin character (optional rules near the end of the book). I think it's the best version of the game so far and is well-explained, complete and playable.
So run it for my Thursday group.