Dust Tactics

TLG d20, Necromancer Games and general. Discuss any game not covered in another forum.
TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Dust Tactics

Post by TheMetal1 »

So my FLGS has gotten in a bunch of the the Dust Tactics stuff. The store focuses primarily on Flames of War, Warhammer and Warhammer 40k, along with other miniature games, like Hail Ceaser, Bolt Action, etc. No surprise DT has shown up. For those interested:
Dust Tactics is a tactical miniatures board game of ruthless engagements in which 2-4 players wage war against each other with the forces of rival factions belonging to one of the world’s superpowers. The Allies and the Axis control the majority of the world and are constantly battling for valuable and rare deposits of VK. Which battle will decide the outcome of the war?

Looks like there is two ways to play squares and then a battlefield - similar to BattleTech where you can play using the map with hexes or play using tabletop terrain and rulers.

Anyone had a chance to play this or seen it in action? I don't think I'll be picking this up - too many miniatures and games sitting the game room as it is. That being said, I'm interested to see how it plays. Thoughts?
De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Dust Tactics

Post by tylermo »

I'm afraid I won't be much help to you. Our local game store had a truckload of DT (under the 2nd of 3 owners' tenure). I watched them play, and it seemed okay. I was drawn to the miniatures for possible alternate history/futuristic WW II games. Never bought any, but some of the minis were awesome and halfway affordable.

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: Dust Tactics

Post by Treebore »

Yeah, I've been attracted to these, but I already spend too much on D&D related mini's , terrain pieces, etc...
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.