Bundle of holding - Rifts x2

TLG d20, Necromancer Games and general. Discuss any game not covered in another forum.
Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Bundle of holding - Rifts x2

Post by Lurker »

Not to advertise for the Troll's competition (well as trolls don't have a multi-dimensional dystopic future setting/game they aren't actually competing with the Trolls & C&C, so I feel a little better) but I just saw 'Bundle of holding' has 2 offering of Rifts up now

https://bundleofholding.com/presents/RiftsWorldbooks

https://bundleofholding.com/presents/Ri ... ntials2018

To be honest I have a love hate relationship with Rifts ... I LOVE the 'Beyond Supernatural' setting that is a precursor to Rifts, I love the idea of Rifts and the basic setting. Back in the day I even enjoyed the rules (but now that I'm a C&C / Rules lite fan It may be to crunchy for my taste). But the ENDLESS world/area books and the push to make each area ubber unique (and resulting in making none of it fit together) annoyed me. As did the 1 point of MD from a little pistol or a knife does 100 points of normal damage, so EVERYONE had to walk around at all times in heavy mega damage armor (I can see that damage from a mech's powered armor cannon, but come on every weapon ... ). Then I HATED how they handled vampires and the 'Mexico' area. Come on giving rail guns splinters with magnets imbedded in them to do damage to vampires ,

Ok vent about Rifts over ...

So, if you like Rifts and want/need the PDFs, the bundle of holding does have a good deal going for the next few weeks
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Re: Bundle of holding - Rifts x2

Post by Treebore »

The setting and ideas alone are worth this price of admission.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Treebore wrote:The setting and ideas alone are worth this price of admission.

Rgr that ... I bought it the other day & it is the love hate that I mentioned ... Still for the price it is more than enough love to justify getting it & ignoring the hate
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I really wish this was print versions.

I'd buy that in a second.

But, pdf? Cool but not for me.

Interesting stuff, though. I like to rip off ideas from Palladium for use in Arduin.

arcanechimera
Site Admin

Post by arcanechimera »

I'm hoping that I can start up a group to try Savage Worlds: Rifts. Although, the players in my group will be finishing Blacktooth Ridge before we try it!!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

arcanechimera wrote:I'm hoping that I can start up a group to try Savage Worlds: Rifts. Although, the players in my group will be finishing Blacktooth Ridge before we try it!!
I ran such a game a few months back. We enjoyed it.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

arcanechimera
Site Admin

Post by arcanechimera »

Treebore wrote: I ran such a game a few months back. We enjoyed it.
If you run Rifts again, will you continue with the Savage Worlds version or go back to the original Rifts?

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

arcanechimera wrote:
Treebore wrote: I ran such a game a few months back. We enjoyed it.
If you run Rifts again, will you continue with the Savage Worlds version or go back to the original Rifts?

Hmmmm.... Good question. Depends on how much the players like to get into character creation. If they like relatively quick and simple, SW Rifts. If they can handle one to two hours, them original Rifts.

arcanechimera
Site Admin

Post by arcanechimera »

I forgot all about that, Treebore. Thank you!

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

OG Rifts.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

finarvyn
Global Moderator

Post by finarvyn »

Never a big fan of the original Rifts. Too many unfamiliar words. I loved reading the background for Beyond the Supernatural, however.

I had a group of guys really into Savage Worlds and they ran a couple of SW Rifts games at one of the local stores. I had so much fun I bought the super-duper SW Rifts boxed set, then the group sort of quit playing at that store and it just sits there waiting for me to re-discover it.
Marv / Finarvyn
Lord Marshall, Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
Just discovered Amazing Adventures and loving it!
MA1E WardenMaster - Killing Characters since 1976, MA4E Playtester in 2006.
C&C Playtester in 2003, OD&D player since 1975

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

finarvyn wrote:Never a big fan of the original Rifts. Too many unfamiliar words. I loved reading the background for Beyond the Supernatural, however.

I had a group of guys really into Savage Worlds and they ran a couple of SW Rifts games at one of the local stores. I had so much fun I bought the super-duper SW Rifts boxed set, then the group sort of quit playing at that store and it just sits there waiting for me to re-discover it.
Heh, I have the SW Deadlands Whiskey box too. Ran SW Rifts, have yet to do any Deadlands. Which is really bad, because I have owned Deadlands for what? Over a decade now, I think?