So what RPG's other than C&C do you play/run, or wish

TLG d20, Necromancer Games and general. Discuss any game not covered in another forum.
dutch206
Red Cap

Post by dutch206 »

Hellfrost: IMHO, buy the Gazetteer and the Player's Guide. That will give you enough information to convert the setting to the system of your choice. (The Gazetteer is completely statistic-free.)

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

It pleases me to see all of this talk about Hellfrost. I've been acquainted(via rpg chatrooms and e-mail)with the author. Paul "Wiggy" Wade-Williams is one prolific son of a gun. I didn't know him during the biggest part of the D20 years, but during his affiliation with Pinnacle Entertainment(Savage Worlds, Deadlands), and with his Savage licensee compny, Triple Ace Games. He has written and/or co-authored settings like Slipstream, 50 Fathoms Companion(Peter Bradley art on that one), Pirates of the Spanish Main rpg, Savage Worlds of Solomon Kane(if recall correctly), Necropolis 2350, several SW pdf toolkits...sci-fi, fantasy, horror, and pulp, not to mention several others, and numerous adventures. I might also mention he's a fan of Castles and Crusades. He's a very fan-friendly guy. To me, he's a standout talent in this field. My check's in the mail, right Wiggy? heheh Incidentally, he's from England, and will be at GenCon this year.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

tylermo wrote:
It pleases me to see all of this talk about Hellfrost. I've been acquainted(via rpg chatrooms and e-mail)with the author. Paul "Wiggy" Wade-Williams is one prolific son of a gun. I didn't know him during the biggest part of the D20 years, but during his affiliation with Pinnacle Entertainment(Savage Worlds, Deadlands), and with his Savage licensee compny, Triple Ace Games. He has written and/or co-authored settings like Slipstream, 50 Fathoms Companion(Peter Bradley art on that one), Pirates of the Spanish Main rpg, Savage Worlds of Solomon Kane(if recall correctly), Necropolis 2350, several SW pdf toolkits...sci-fi, fantasy, horror, and pulp, not to mention several others, and numerous adventures. I might also mention he's a fan of Castles and Crusades. He's a very fan-friendly guy. To me, he's a standout talent in this field. My check's in the mail, right Wiggy? heheh Incidentally, he's from England, and will be at GenCon this year.

Hey, if your going to be at Troll Con again this year any chance of you running Savage Worlds of Soloman Kane? I just got the book last week and would like to give it a try.

Next Con I am attending: http://www.neoncon.com/

My House Rules: http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/viewtopic ... llordgames
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Well, I own the main book, and have read 3 or 4 of Howard's short stories. There are one or two SW Kane one-sheet adventures i could run, but I'd fall short of capturing the flavor. That said, it might be a slight possibility. I'll keep you posted.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

tylermo wrote:
Well, I own the main book, and have read 3 or 4 of Howard's short stories. There are one or two SW Kane one-sheet adventures i could run, but I'd fall short of capturing the flavor. That said, it might be a slight possibility. I'll keep you posted.

OK.

Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Egg of Coot
Hlobane Orc

Post by Egg of Coot »

I'm currently running a Greyhawk game with the C&C rules, though we've been meeting really sporadically the past while.

I'd love to run the following again:

CoC

MERP/Rolemaster

Twilight 2000

The Egg

PrimEvil Studios on Facebook. Be a fan.

PrimEvil Studios is on Facebook. Click here to become a fan.

slimykuotoan
Greater Lore Drake

Post by slimykuotoan »

I looove CORTEX (younger brother to Alternity) for all things sci-fi, be they modern or future.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQEidreWTJ8

I want to run Wild Talents shortly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o9uXqmCz3k

And I think Corporation might be DA BOMB!
http://www.corpgame.com/

Philotomy Jurament
Ulthal

Post by Philotomy Jurament »

Currently running:

OD&D (1974)

AD&D (1e)

Occasionally run:

Call of Cthulhu

The Pool

Wish List:

Lejendary Adventure

Trail of Cthulhu

Dying Earth

Amber

Gamma World

Mythus

Rolemaster

Stormbringer/Hawkmoon

The Morrow Project

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

Dont see much on Pathfinder. Anyone playing or interested in it? I just picked up the core book and itching to run it for something different after I finish up my c&c game that has been going for 1.5 years.

L.S.

Society Member: http://www.cncsociety.org/

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

Pathfinder is alright. I tolerate it better than I do 3e and really like some of the changes they made. The changes to the sorcerer in particular was a welcome sight. No longer is the class just a altered wizard.

I would FAR, FAR, FAAAAAAAAAR prefer to play Pathfinder than to run it though. All those rules make me twitchy.

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

DangerDwarf wrote:
Pathfinder is alright. I tolerate it better than I do 3e and really like some of the changes they made. The changes to the sorcerer in particular was a welcome sight. No longer is the class just a altered wizard.

I would FAR, FAR, FAAAAAAAAAR prefer to play Pathfinder than to run it though. All those rules make me twitchy.

HA DD. I love the rules, part of the math teacher side of me ;

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

Halfway through a session I generally growl, swipe the battlemat to the floor, shout "f**k this shit!" then upend the table then hide in the corner babbling to myself while clutching the C&C PHB.

Weird.

Joking aside though, PF is a game I would run or play. Just not my first choice.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I could be talked into playing it, but I would definitely never run it. I hate Math, especially tons and tons of math.

Running 3E is like figuring out algebraic graphing equations, without a calculator, very painful to my mind.

CKDad
Master of the Kobold Raiders

Post by CKDad »

Running - ack. My FTF C&C game for the kids has been on hiatus for months. I did run a Mongoose Traveller game via MapTools with some friends in the spring, but we couldn't keep the schedule. So nothing currently.

What would I like to be playing/running?

- C&C

- Traveller (Classic, Mongoose or Mega-)

- Serenity/CORTEX (own, never played)

- Savage Worlds (own, never played)

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Other than Shadowrun, I would like to lay some chaos down with Warhammer Original (before it was actually called a RPG.)

hedgeknight
Hlobane Orc

Post by hedgeknight »

LordSeurek wrote:
Dont see much on Pathfinder. Anyone playing or interested in it? I just picked up the core book and itching to run it for something different after I finish up my c&c game that has been going for 1.5 years.

L.S.

Currently playing a Pathfinder game on Paizo.com - so far so good. Also bought The Pathfinder Bestiary today at our local gaming store - got it at a damn good discount too.

I have the Bestiary on pdf but like a hard copy - it will help with the Pathfinder Forgotten Realms game I'm currently running.
Winter is coming...

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

I'd love to play or run:

Duty & Honour

Dragon Warriors

Star Siege

something Pulp, maybe Thrilling Tales for Savage worlds?

Margrave and Knight of Portlandia
Castles & Crusades Society

LordSeurek
Greater Lore Drake

Post by LordSeurek »

hedgeknight wrote:
Currently playing a Pathfinder game on Paizo.com - so far so good. Also bought The Pathfinder Bestiary today at our local gaming store - got it at a damn good discount too.

I have the Bestiary on pdf but like a hard copy - it will help with the Pathfinder Forgotten Realms game I'm currently running.

Very cool hedgeknight. I run all my games in Faerun as well! The Bestiary worth picking up?

hedgeknight
Hlobane Orc

Post by hedgeknight »

LordSeurek wrote:
Very cool hedgeknight. I run all my games in Faerun as well! The Bestiary worth picking up?

It was worth it to me for a few reasons:

1/ I looove monsters - so these can be added easily to my campaign and tailored for others - love the dragons and the tweaks on some of the other critters.

2/ Got it for about 30% off cover! And new!

3/ I'm a sucker for slick, shiny artwork and this book does not disappoint. I use as many visuals as I can in my game so I can definitely give the players a look-see at what is about to eat them. Plus, the new pics are somewhat different from the classic look for monsters we are used to. Very cool.
Winter is coming...

CharlieRock
Lore Drake

Post by CharlieRock »

I play GURPS, also. GURPS is a neat system for several reasons but cannot replicate dungeon crawling with any great success. Whenever we cannot get the whole group together and do not want to "leave anyone behind" we generally play GURPS Hard-Boiled Detectives or BASH.

Know your roll!

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

The PF Bestiary has great fluff write up to go with each monster too.

Lord Dynel
Maukling

Post by Lord Dynel »

CharlieRock wrote:
I play GURPS, also. GURPS is a neat system for several reasons but cannot replicate dungeon crawling with any great success. Whenever we cannot get the whole group together and do not want to "leave anyone behind" we generally play GURPS Hard-Boiled Detectives or BASH.

I've only done one dungeon crawl with GUPRS. It was many years ago, befor I was officially into GURPS (in the early 3rd Edition era) and I thought it went alright. But I've heard that about GURPS. I play it now, but don't do fantasy with it. Though I have heard that Dungeon Fantasy does a good job at it.
LD's C&C creations - CL Checker, a witch class, the half-ogre, skills, and 0-level rules
Troll Lord wrote:Lord D: you understand where I"m coming from.

mordrene
Ulthal

Post by mordrene »

serleran wrote:
I've been jonesing to play some Shadowrun 1.5 edition.

buzz chummer. id make that run anytime.

CharlieRock
Lore Drake

Post by CharlieRock »

Lord Dynel wrote:
I've only done one dungeon crawl with GUPRS. It was many years ago, befor I was officially into GURPS (in the early 3rd Edition era) and I thought it went alright. But I've heard that about GURPS. I play it now, but don't do fantasy with it. Though I have heard that Dungeon Fantasy does a good job at it.

One of my favorite games back in the early 90s was GURPS Conan. GURPS can do a good fantasy game. It might even do a good dungeon crawl fantasy game. But i'm not goingto mess with the success I've had with C&C in that realm.

Recently, I've been writing up a GURPS Discworld game. A certain 3-headed hound has quit his old job of guarding an alternate underworld for a religion that has ceased getting any worshippers and now looks for a newer brighter furutre in Ankh-Morporck. The players will be in the employ of the Patrician and have to deal with him.

Know your roll!

ArgoForg
Red Cap

Post by ArgoForg »

Currently, Run/Play:

- C&C (Slightly modified rules, full-on homebrew world campaign) - This is the game I run. I've pretty much told my players that if I'm running, most likely that'll be the ruleset we use, because it's a nice, streamlined, easy-to-adapt system that allows me to focus on the story and characters, not the numbers. That's what I like in a system when I'm GMing. I'd love to get the chance to play it myself-- I'll get the chance at Gen Con, fortunately.

- Basic/Labyrinth Lord (Slightly modified rules, Mystara campaign) - The other GM in our group prefers the Basic system, and we've had a blast with it, as well.

- D&D 3.5e (Various campaign worlds) - I got back into gaming after a few years, and the group that asked me to join played 3.5. I was grateful and happy, and actually like a lot about the 3.5/PF systems. But after trying to run it a few times, I swore off GMing it. Too many rules, too much emphasis on combat crunch, character builds, "game balance" and die-rolling for everything, for my taste.
Would Like to Play:

- Pathfinder - I generally play PF Society at Gen Con, and really wouldn't mind a regular game. I just won't touch GMing it.

- Mutants & Masterminds - I hear almost nothing but good things about M&M and personally like the system; it'd be nice to find a group to play with that could take the game seriously (mine wouldn't).

- L5R - I've heard too much good about it not to want to give it a try. I almost picked it up last year, but talked myself into C&C instead.
- Ars Magica - I don't know for sure about the more recent rulesets and the changes they've had... but I picked up the 2nd edition print on the cheap a few years back and really liked the Mythic Europe setting and the Latin-style magic system.

- Stargate SG-1 - Just because I'm an Stargate nut.
- "I just happen to prefer games where the GM actually has final say on rules and is not just the wall to roll dice off to decide what happens."

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I've been tempted to run some Munchkin d20. But, only because we recently played the card and board game version and I've forgotten there was a RPG of it too.

mabon5127
Ungern

Post by mabon5127 »

Running Hero System

Since TrollCon will be running C$C in Aihrde.

Morgan

CKDad
Master of the Kobold Raiders

Post by CKDad »

mabon5127 wrote:
Since TrollCon will be running C$C in Aihrde.

Morgan

We hooked you good, didn't we.

Breakdaddy
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Breakdaddy »

CKDad wrote:
We hooked you good, didn't we.

Dun dun dunNNnnNNnNnnnnnNnnnn!
"If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you."
-Genghis Khan

Christina Stiles
Ulthal

Post by Christina Stiles »

Running:

3.5 SpirosBlaak campaign

C&C one-shots
Playing:

RIFTS

Savage Worlds

Want to play:

Dragon Age