View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
DA1 Dark Journey -- Whats K1 -> K5 on level 1? 
Ulthal

Post DA1 Dark Journey -- Whats K1 -> K5 on level 1?
I might be getting old and just missing it but I can not find a key entry for the "statue" markers K1 -> K5 on the first level?

-Mike

Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:58 pm
Profile WWW
Lord High Inquisitor

Post Re: DA1 Dark Journey -- Whats K1 -> K5 on level 1?
Doh! When I wrote it, those signified where keys were left for the door to the second level. I scrapped that idea since you need keys to descend to level three from level two and didn't want to repeat myself. I sent Pete my hand-drawn maps that included the marks for the keys (which had been removed from the text). So, just disregard them or make them keys for the door to level 2. I'll have to bring that to Pete / Steve. Thanks for finding that, M.

Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:13 am
Ulthal

Ah ha! Cool. My son and I started playing it today, so far it's been a "gas" and not just because we hit room 34. ;)

-Mike

Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:34 am
Profile WWW
Lord High Inquisitor

mgtremaine wrote:
Ah ha! Cool. My son and I started playing it today, so far it's been a "gas" and not just because we hit room 34. ;)

-Mike

Thanks, Mike!

Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:18 am
Greater Lore Drake

Okay...broke down and ordered this today. Justifying it by calling it an early b-day present. ;) The wife might buy that. ( oO )

It's all your fault Kim. :P

Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:33 am
Lord High Inquisitor

Go0gleplex wrote:
Okay...broke down and ordered this today. Justifying it by calling it an early b-day present. ;) The wife might buy that. ( oO )

It's all your fault Kim. :P

I take full responsibility. Hope you enjoy it. And happy birthday.

Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:44 pm
Hlobane Orc

I'm preparing A Dark Journey for my group. Great adventure! Congrats to the author, this is indeed in the spirit of some of my old favourites.

About K1 to K5 I decided to make use of them in the following way. Of course players should not be reading this thread at all, and if they're reading this they should stop now! ;)

I'm going to put a statue of Crisigrin at each of the 5 spots (K1 to K5).

K1: you see a statue of what looks like a wizard standing with a finger pointing to the sky as if lecturing. On the base of the statue are the following letters written vertically : T S I S D
K2: you see a statue of what looks like a wizard with both arms outstretched as if greeting a friend. On the base of the statue are the following letters written vertically : H C G R E
K3: you see a statue of what looks like a wizard with three birds upon him, one on his right shoulder and one on a finger in each hand. On the base of the statue are the following letters written vertically : I R R E N
K4: you see a statue of what looks like a wizard with four books in his left arm, he seems to be reading the titles. On the base of the statue are the following letters written vertically : S I I S C
K5: you see a statue of what looks like a wizard holding an open scroll in his hands. There are five stars on it in the shape of the pentagram constellation. On the base of the statue are the following letters written vertically : I S N' I E

Of course al the statues represent the same wizard, Crisigrin.

So this is a (very) simple puzzle for the party. The real challenge is to find the 5 statues and remember the clues. The statues have something that marks their 'order'. If you reconstruct the letters in the right order it gives a clue as to the original owner of the place :

Code:
T H I S I
S C R I S
I G R I N'
S R E S I
D E N C E

I have the puzzle in french if anyone is interested.

I have a couple of questions for AGNKim on Dark Journey, but I'll start a new topic for them.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:33 am
Lord High Inquisitor

Thoom wrote:
I'm preparing A Dark Journey for my group. Great adventure! Congrats to the author, this is indeed in the spirit of some of my old favourites.

About K1 to K5 I decided to make use of them in the following way. Of course players should not be reading this thread at all, and if they're reading this they should stop now! ;)

I'm going to put a statue of Crisigrin at each of the 5 spots (K1 to K5).

K1: you see a statue of what looks like a wizard standing with a finger pointing to the sky as if lecturing. On the base of the statue are the following letters written vertically : T S I S D
K2: you see a statue of what looks like a wizard with both arms outstretched as if greeting a friend. On the base of the statue are the following letters written vertically : H C G R E
K3: you see a statue of what looks like a wizard with three birds upon him, one on his right shoulder and one on a finger in each hand. On the base of the statue are the following letters written vertically : I R R E N
K4: you see a statue of what looks like a wizard with four books in his left arm, he seems to be reading the titles. On the base of the statue are the following letters written vertically : S I I S C
K5: you see a statue of what looks like a wizard holding an open scroll in his hands. There are five stars on it in the shape of the pentagram constellation. On the base of the statue are the following letters written vertically : I S N' I E

Of course al the statues represent the same wizard, Crisigrin.

So this is a (very) simple puzzle for the party. The real challenge is to find the 5 statues and remember the clues. The statues have something that marks their 'order'. If you reconstruct the letters in the right order it gives a clue as to the original owner of the place :

Code:
T H I S I
S C R I S
I G R I N'
S R E S I
D E N C E

I have the puzzle in french if anyone is interested.

I have a couple of questions for AGNKim on Dark Journey, but I'll start a new topic for them.

Very nice, I like it. :) In the spirit of the "fun house" feel as well.

Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]