A7 - Beneath The Despairing Stone

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
TheMetal1
Lore Drake

A7 - Beneath The Despairing Stone

Post by TheMetal1 »

Ok, so I pulled this module off the shelf and was reading in the intro and skimming through it, as I don't think I had really done that since I purchased it. My players aren't high enough at all to run this but I digress.

I get to page 13 with the section entitled Concluding The Adventure and this is what it says,
"Discuss what happens next or in conjunction with Oomakling's brother."
Then it jumps right into the New Monsters Section.

I get the feeling that there is a big "something" missing in the Concluding section. Like the Trolls were going to talk about what happens next as a lead into A8 or something.

Anyway one else have this module care to comment as I think this was an oversight in the editing department (or I'm reading it wrong). Thanks for the help in advance! God Bless.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Re: A7 - Beneath The Despairing Stone

Post by tylermo »

After buying the A series mods as far back as the old style covers, I have just started running this for a group of players. I don't have A8, but do have the Umbrage box, and A0-A7. I'll try to give it a look. It will be months before I even get to A7, but I'll need to know about it at some point. Thanks for the head's up.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Had the same question: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10183

Didn't get an answer yet.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

Aergraith wrote:Didn't get an answer yet.
I'll say! Goodness it's been over a year now since you posted that and no answer yet. Hopefully tylermo will find something in the Box Set that will correct this...

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Actually, the Umbrage set only goes up to A5. I think I gave a false impression that it covered A7. Ooops. I have the individual A7 adventure and will look to see what my copy says.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

My A7 says the same thing. I see a reference to Oomakling's brother on page 2. There's also something about A5 as well. I'm pretty sure I've only skimmed A5 and A7, so I'm not sure. Wasn't much help. You could pm Troll Lord, or Davis(he wrote the adventure). I should know Davis' screen name, but I can't think of it. Cleaver the Pit? As you know, these guys are two of the four or five? individuals who make up the entire company. They usually have quite a bit on their plate. :)

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

No worries, I know the trolls are busy and I'm certainly in no rush to have the answer, when they get a chance I'm sure they'll get to it.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

At the rate I go through the A modules, I won't need an answer for a couple more years.

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

...................Bump...............

Been about a month, figured, I'd check in to see if any of the trolls had an answer on this one yet. Again - no pressure, just curiousity. Thanks! :ugeek:

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

...................Bump...............Bump................

Been about a couple months now, any thoughts or answers from the trolls? Thanks!

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

...................Bump...............Bump................Bump...................

So any official word from the Trolls on the original question about A7?

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Post by alcyone »

Spoilers...

In A8 and A9, the Oonmaukling quest is irrelevant, the quest line is reappropriated by other concerns. It remains to be seen what happens in A10.