View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
DA1 Dark Journey -- Philgo Stadt Spells 
Ulthal

Post DA1 Dark Journey -- Philgo Stadt Spells
My son's delve into this excellent module is drawing to a close, as he gets near the final level I notice something a little off. Philgo Stadt spell list is short some spells and he has no listed spellbooks.

SPOILERS......

Philgo is listed as a 5th Level Wizard with a 17 Intelligence, however his spell list looks like a 4th Level (4 3 2) without any bonus for high intelligence. BTB he should be (5 5 3 1)

I'm going to go with this list, built on the original with out adding to much offensive power

0th - Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Light, Endure Elements
1st - Jump, Magic Missile x2, Spider Climb, Shield
2nd - Invisibility, Mirror Image, Protection from Arrows
3rd - Summon Lesser Monster

-Mike

Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:39 pm
Profile WWW
Lord High Inquisitor

Post Re: DA1 Dark Journey -- Philgo Stadt Spells
I went back and looked and you're right, I statted him out as a 4th level. I must have read that thing a hundred times before I sent it to Steve but never caught it. I probably looked on the wrong line (4th level instead of 5th) when creating him.

I'd second the spells you chose. They look good and fit the scheme well.

Oh, now I remember... I left him that way on purpose so industrious CKs could go in and add their own spells to make Philgo fit in better to their campaign. Yeah, that's it... ;)

Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:50 pm
Ulthal

Well all the effort for nothing, poor Philgo went down fast but Aria, damn she was tough.

In the end my son's party looked like this

Kiwano 3rd Level Elven Wizard
Link 3rd Level Elven Ranger
Argil 3rd Level Elven Cleric

Link was leading of course and ask "What's going on here?" when they entered. Philgo gave his best manic laugh and said "What's going on, What's going on, I'll tell you sonny boy, the secrets of life and death and going on," He pulls out his scroll and starts reading, Kiwano hits him with Magic Missile 7pts, argh scroll reading stopped for the round. Next round everyone starts moving except Philgo and Kiwano, Philgo tries to get off a Mirror Image at the same time as Kiwano second volley hits him 7 more damage, Philgo goes down, but with mirror images of his crumbled form. So much for the Wizard duel.

Aria met Link in the center of room and proceed to chop him to pieces, hitting every round and doing 11 to 13 a shot. After two rounds Argil was in range and used the scroll of mass heal which brought Link up from 4 hp left. Finally Link starts hitting and Argil starts hitting, by round 6 Link dropped to -4 and then Aria went down from Argil. Good guys 1, Team Evil 0

Thanks for the cool dungeon Kim.

-Mike

Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:57 am
Profile WWW
Lord High Inquisitor

mgtremaine wrote:
Well all the effort for nothing, poor Philgo went down fast but Aria, damn she was tough.

In the end my son's party looked like this

Kiwano 3rd Level Elven Wizard
Link 3rd Level Elven Ranger
Argil 3rd Level Elven Cleric

Link was leading of course and ask "What's going on here?" when they entered. Philgo gave his best manic laugh and said "What's going on, What's going on, I'll tell you sonny boy, the secrets of life and death and going on," He pulls out his scroll and starts reading, Kiwano hits him with Magic Missile 7pts, argh scroll reading stopped for the round. Next round everyone starts moving except Philgo and Kiwano, Philgo tries to get off a Mirror Image at the same time as Kiwano second volley hits him 7 more damage, Philgo goes down, but with mirror images of his crumbled form. So much for the Wizard duel.

Aria met Link in the center of room and proceed to chop him to pieces, hitting every round and doing 11 to 13 a shot. After two rounds Argil was in range and used the scroll of mass heal which brought Link up from 4 hp left. Finally Link starts hitting and Argil starts hitting, by round 6 Link dropped to -4 and then Aria went down from Argil. Good guys 1, Team Evil 0

Thanks for the cool dungeon Kim.

-Mike

Very cool, thanks for the input. If Philgo doesn't get that spell off before he dies, it's not really a fair fight. In the game I CK'd with this adventure, the Cleric hit Philgo and killed him, only having 2hp himself and the rest of the party (and dead zombies) scattered in pools of blood. It was a close fight with the Good Guys barely making it out alive.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:15 pm
Ulthal

Heh I can imagine that... If I ever run it again Philgo will start with Mirror Image to give him time to get the zombies up. In this case i was totally fine with the way it played out because my son is 11 and Kiwano is his first Wizard ever. I was kind of surprised he went the direct route of MM x2 before the pompus speech making was even done. Brought a tear to my eye, just like his old man used to do to all the Evil cackling maniacs. hahaha

Like I said though Aria was tough even alone, a few more bad rolls and she would had the Cleric also. At 5th level with her sword and belt and assume she was specialized in the at sword she was +11 to hit, +6 damage.

-Mike

Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:36 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]